Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 16 released

Post by takenoko »

What a good episode. Good fights and good story progression. Even the sub story about Kaoru's picturebook is moving forward.

I like the way Kouga instantly knows something has happened when he sees Rei. Too bad about the nameless knight who got killed before he could say his name.

Oh, I like the way it opened with Silva giving the message from the Senate to the viewer.

Kaoru was pretty in this episode. The parting between Leo and her was kind of weird. In fact, the whole thing with Red Mask actually being Leo makes you wonder about the ham-fisted foreshadowing that they were doing.

Double horses! Heh, the last monster was literally a mecha

Preview:
Spoiler
Rekka!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Makai Senki 16 released

Post by Lunagel »

I was really really hoping Leo was a red herring. Nope, he's a red mask. More's the pity.

Pretty awesome episode otherwise, the story was excellent, effects were pretty, and Kaoru got more than 3 seconds of screen time. Yay!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

To be fair, he did seem kind of out of it. Maybe he's not doing it of his own conviction. I guess it's their way of having their cake and eating it too, but it comes off as kind of wishy washy.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Finally, a legit GARO and ZERO team up episode, with double horse action to boot.

Maybe he has some split personalty or something? I mean it doesn't seem like he would really care for Colt in that early episode if he was really this arrogant bastard this whole time.

Oh, and it only took two weeks and Baron has a figure announced. It isn't a webshop exclusive thank god.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

I was kinda disappointed that Leo was the Red Mask. Way too obvious. That's why I'm hoping it turns out Red Mask is his twin brother or something. "Don't call me by that name!"

m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I also support the evil twin theory. Leo and Red Mask are too different and we didn't see Leo act strange enough to be either hiding something or fighting an evil personality. But we don't really know much about Leo. For all we know, he might be purple that got away wehn those petals appeared when the horror attacked him.

Awesome fight. I found it strange that Red Mask could handle the two of them so easily after he and Kouga were evenly matched in their last fight.

That mecha was interesting and double horses were very cool.

That beginning with the nameless Makai Knight dying was pretty hardcore
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

m4rc0 wrote:That beginning with the nameless Makai Knight dying was pretty hardcore
I was all, "yay, generic knight Rei can show up! He'll probably die pretty quick..." even so that was abrupt. Still, throwing BLOOD (bloody shard) on what you think is a horror corpse is asking for it. As soon as he did that though I knew it was a Gouryuu for sure.

I'm still hoping Leo is somehow possessed or something. The hamness of it is just not up to par for this series.

I'm glad Kaoru didn't share her vision, though. She may have to power up Kouga one-winged-angel style in the ultimate showdown.
gekipirate
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: I have a dream

Post by gekipirate »

I think it is interesting that Leo was officially revealed to be "Red Mask" a couple of weeks after the episode about Kouga's childhood teacher being controlled by a horror. I personally still do not think it is Leo, at least I hope not, because I think the two characters are so different that it would be difficult to maintain the facade for as long as he has; he practically lives as Kouga's house. I am eager to see how this plays out and hope it is revealed that Red Mask is someone we have not seen as of yet.
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

Maybe Leo being Red Mask has something to do with his friend's brush that he's carrying around.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
xeroflare
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Kabuto
Dreamy: what i gota choose
Favorite Band: Children of Bodom
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by xeroflare »

Was anyone even surprised it was Leo?? I figured it was him after episode 10 with the spirit beast, he was just acting weird enough that i was like "hey bet he's the mask guy"..... and 13 did throw it in your face with the compass thing.

I also don't think its that hard to believe he could have been faking nice the whole time, i mean what better place to hide from your enemy then right next to him "helping". i mean come on last series one of the main bad guys Kiba was just nice Mr therapist for most of the show then bam bad guy.

I hope its not an evil twin.... just to lame of a way to play out.

Maybe Leo was really that little girl who wanted to be a knight in the flashback episode and this is he/shes revenge for having to be a priest... or the little girl was his friend and being heartbroken that she couldn't be one killed herself and again revenge...

or this is all because Leo is in love with Kaoru and can't have her

Last idea could be Red mask is Leo's friend and he got a hold of an evil brush that warped his mind and he is using some spell to alter his appearance to that of Leo's.(worked in outlaw star with suzuka and her final opponent looking the same) And he powered up his friends old brush to try and use it to break him free or what not.

I'm really hoping for the little girl one though that would be the most unexpected lol. but i can't wait to see how it all plays out
gigazeel
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: All of 'em
2nd Favorite Series: none of 'em
Quote: " Yesterday is history,
tommorow a mystery,
but today is a gift. "

Post by gigazeel »

Seems more like "In order to gain something, you have to sacrifice something" kind of reasoning for Leo.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

What do you know, it is Leo under the mask XP .

To be honest, I still want Leo to be truly a good person, at least good enough not to resort to Horror powers and mass murder for a 'noble cause'. He's too close to Kaoru, and she had a deep enough influence in him as seen with the scene of their farewell. Being two-faced to fool Kouga is logical, but his relationship with Kaoru? Why would he do that?

My theory is like what happened to Baron, and maybe wayyy advanced. His voice is different, and the line "DOn't call me by that name!" suggests that.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Ben is Glory?! Leo is AkaKamen?!

Betting on a Jekyll Hyde thing here.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

Did no one notice when Leo escaped? the flower petals?
Weren't there people wondering about that from the Makai Summer camp episode?

Lord this was a fun episode. At least Kaoru doesn't seem to be part of the plot to revive Mashia again. What the hell is the name of Rei's horse anyway?

still think Leo being Red Mask is a swerve and his old master is the true the mastermind.

James
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This episode was pretty sick! Finally, a proper team-up between Kouga and Rei and man did they do a good job on the Red Mask guy. I thought it was strange to see that Red Mask seemed weaker in this fight compared to his first fight with Kouga. Or maybe it's because it was a handicap match which made him look weak. Lol...Anyways, we finally see his mask being removed and it turns out to be Leo. What a surprise! But I wonder what he meant by not wanting to be called that name. Hmmm...Nice to see some screen time for Kaoru too as she's always cute to look at.

Return to “Makai Senki”