Is Hibiki worth watching?

Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Blade | Hibiki | Kabuto >
jedimax
7X

Re: Is Hibiki worth watching?

Post by jedimax »

I think it's well worth the watch. Just because it dared to do something out of the norm for a Kamen Rider series.
Amazon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Agito

Post by Amazon »

I think Hibiki is a very underrated show. I have heard lots of complains about it, but I am not the type who wouldn't give a show a chance, just because others say its bad. Maybe I am too harsh, but I do not think that people should bash a show if they have not seen it from start to end.

Hibiki became my second most favourite Rider show after Agito. The main reason for that was the beautiful character development that the show had. I have seriously never cared so much for so many characters before. By the end of the show, you almost feel that they have become "family" and it really pains you when something bad happens to them.

Spoiler
The final moments with Zanki and Todoroki, lives on in my mind as some of the most heartbreaking scenes in any Kamen Rider show to date.

The whole music theme in the show was both creative and fresh, and worked perfectly. It was not just your ordinary battle scenes with tons of explosions and street-fight. It was like watching art. The movements and the music that followed them. Beautiful.
I think many people simply got the wrong idea when they started watching Hibiki. We just had Blade, which took us back to the basics with the bug-eyed, motorcycle-riding superhero, with dark storylines, complex villains etc.
Then we move on to Hibiki which barely resembles a Rider at all. We got a storyline that focus a lot on the characters social problems, and how they tackle the everyday-life.
It was not as dark as Blade, but in my opinion, it had some very deep and emotional content.

Don't even get me started on the movie. I have never seen a greater Kamen Rider movie than this.
It is the first time we see Riders fighting in the 16th century, and I think it was great how they blend the modern suits into an old-style design. very cool.
I think watching the movie alone will make you hooked on Hibiki.

The only negative thing I have to say about the show, is the writer change. It really screwed up many things. But I guess it was a little bit too dramatic to get the childrens attention.
Still, I think Hibiki would have been the best Rider series ever, if the original writers could have continued their work.
Tendou Souji
Mega
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

I think I will use my free time to watch this, after I have finished Ryuki.
Duskblade
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Duskblade »

But...

For someone who has watched Faiz, Blade, Kabuto & Den-O (which, for me, had lots of action involved), is Hibiki also worth a try?

I'm just...kinda afraid that it might be a waste of my time. But I did like the movie, though...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Duskblade wrote:But...

For someone who has watched Faiz, Blade, Kabuto & Den-O (which, for me, had lots of action involved), is Hibiki also worth a try?

I'm just...kinda afraid that it might be a waste of my time. But I did like the movie, though...
It's not any Kamen Rider that you have seen. It's a bit slower and more character-focus. You may be turned off by it since it doesn't have the fast-paced action that the other Kamen Rider series has.

Also, why did you watch the movie first before watching any of the TV series?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sure. If you watch the first few episodes and don't dig it, then maybe it's not your thing. But you won't know until you try it out
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

well it wasn't supposed to be a rider series at first, but I think it pulls it off, and in my opinion is one of the better ones of the new generation.

That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I thought Hibiki was a bit slow at first, but I stuck with it. It got better when Ibuki was introduced around episode 7, and it really kicked off after Zanki and Todoroki's debuts in ~14. After that, there wasn't an episode I didn't love. Hibiki is that breath of fresh air you need sometimes, because it shatters the mold set by all the Heisei riders before and after it. It has really strong characters that you can relate to because they're human. The way they shoulder their responsibilities is very realistic and they're far from perfect. I felt emotionally attached to the characters by the end, I could feel their pain and share their joy. The only thing I didn't like about the series was the ending, because it was way too rushed. Overall, 2005 was an excellent year for dramatic toku, because we had the combined awesomeness of Magiranger and Hibiki.
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

I tried the first two episodes a long time ago and didn't like it. A couple of weeks ago I sat through four or five and it seemed a little better but still not very likeable at all, and now I can't even remember what happened to carry on watching.
I hate when people say a series picks up by such an episode, when that episode is pretty late in the series. Just makes me think of Naruto; why should I sit through 20 or more episodes of absolute rubbish to get to the 'good' stuff, with no guarantee I'll like it even then? I'd much rather watch a really good 12-26 episode series. A 'narutard' I know even admits that he hates the main character but loves the rest of the show, but I just find it hard to accept that when he's the main character and he's always going to be.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Skinwalker wrote:I hate when people say a series picks up by such an episode, when that episode is pretty late in the series.
But some series take a while to become good. All I really can say is, some stuff is worth waiting for.

Besides, this is the Internet, not live TV. If someone says "you should check out the last ten episodes of Boukenger" you can choose to just download those episodes and see it immediately.
ynn3k
7X

Post by ynn3k »

i love hibiki... but it did have a slow start... thank god they drop the musical thing at episode 2. this is probably one of the most special kamen rider series of all time.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

ok if Fire breathing Hibiki, doesn't get you sparked, you must be wet man.

gong7000000
Gao

Post by gong7000000 »

Saw from ep. 1-48 very realistic Kamen Rider series and suitable for teens too. I watched it when I was about same age as Asumu so i thoroughly enjoyed it. People say this series sucked, but TAKE IT A TRY! because i am one of few who would say hibiki is the best kr series! Number 2 is faiz.
Keigan
Infinity

Re:

Post by Keigan »

Was editing a previous post. Accidentally clicked "Quote". Ignore or delete this post if necessary.
Cyberman
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Cyberman »

I finally finish watch the Hibiki and it was bloody good, i love the character development and i thought the relationship between Asumu and Hibiki was wonderful.

I agree with everyone that the first two episode are slower but it get good when the other rider are appear. I wish the Hibiki have sequel cause the everyone are still fight against the Makamoru. We never see how they defeat the Oorchi...

I give this series 8.9/10 cause it is different from other kamen rider.

Return to “Kamen Rider Hibiki”