2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Shishioh Guy
Favorite Actor?: Kato Keisuke
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Genesic GaoGaiGr

Re: Is Hibiki worth watching?

Post by flame13th »

Hibiki is for the people that love serious storyline and good character developments.

I enjoyed watching it.
Once A Rider Stays As A Rider

alpha red
Gao

Post by alpha red »

well, in my opinion, i think hibiki is very worth watching as it is different from other kamen rider shows.. Although the fighting scenes r not that interesting compared to others like kabuto and blade, but hibiki has a lot of moral values in it.. it also shows the growth of a person and it also has a lot of benefits to teenagers, especially those that are about to become adults..the series also teaches us about making some decisions in life.. It also shows us the attitude we need to have among relationships with other ppl.

Kamen rider in the past only have 1 rider in each series. Starting from agito, more than 1 rider appear. From agito untill kiva, only hibiki series appear where there is no battles among riders. The shuki incident is not realy a fight. No riders in hibiki fight among each other, in fact, u can see how they work together, cooperate to defeat makamou.. This is the part where i liked it.

Other kamen rider don realy shows moral values, just one thing they show: to become stronger, for example rider knight, kaixa (masato), garren, leangle, thebee (kageyama)... it's not wrong to become stronger, but i realized that become stronger is not the important part..

i personally think hibiki is also suitable to be watched by small children. yes, hibiki is worth watching..
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

It's a different type of Kamen Rider i found.

it's pretty heavy on the story and the Character's really have alot of Dimension in them.
Like the Zanki and Todoroki Partnership, or Todoroki's Complex-Yet Simple relationship with Hinaka.

And Hibiki is whole story in-himself.

Lets not forget Akria and her quest to become an Oni Slayer, and her emotional Departure from that path.
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

I finished watching the show and the movie today.

I loved this show. I got hooked on the first episode!

In the later part of the show when they make some changes to the show I almost did not finished it. I learned a hard lesson with Kabuto and I didn't want to suffer again.

I came here for help and I read that everyone liked the show despite the changes. That gave me courage to continue, and I don't regret it.

Thanks TV-Nihon for another show that will stay on my mind forever!
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

I was like that when i first started watching hibiki but no i'm halfway through the series and it's really good, even though the concept is a bit wierd. Personally I wouldn't have assoiciated it with the kr series I would have called it something like oni cause they don't even refer to the riders as riders, but as oni, it's still worth watching though as it is quite funny at some points and it will make you laugh. The kid is anyoing though
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Doonie
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Natsumi Hikari :)
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: 1000th on TV-Nihon

Post by Doonie »

My problem with it, is that, Kabuto had quite a slow start, but it became legendary and epic.
Im not sure weather HIbiki will hit those heights.
About Den-O:
Batman "It's over Joker!"
Joker "Over? Why my dear delusional Dark Knight. It hasn't even begun!"
Spoiler
Why would you want it to???
Morrisex
Adventure
Favorite series: showa riders
2nd Favorite Series: heisei riders
Dreamy: Mari-chan Naomi-chan
Favorite Actor?: myself
Favorite Band: kamelot
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: my girls

Post by Morrisex »

Hibiki remains a bit too slow, but it's still worth watching, first of all, the music, second, it's so mystical, third omg the costumes, i love em.

Story is good and i liked it cus it's more liek a Showa Rider than an Heisei one, with the mature man to be followed. Just watch it till the end, maybe watch it with calm (i watched half series and after months and months the other half lol). But if u like a mature show, Hibiki is for you.
KAGGGGAAAAAAAAAAMI!!!!
red_oni
Favorite series: gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: go-onger
Dreamy: mele
Favorite Actor?: sonny chiba
Favorite Band: guns & roses
My boom: toys

Post by red_oni »

It is different from the other rider series. The drama is not that heavy. It is entertaining. I just found out that one of our local tv station is dubbing Hibiki. Don't know how they will pull it off
Morrisex
Adventure

Post by Morrisex »

red_oni wrote:It is different from the other rider series. The drama is not that heavy. It is entertaining. I just found out that one of our local tv station is dubbing Hibiki. Don't know how they will pull it off
we're u from actually?
KAGGGGAAAAAAAAAAMI!!!!
red_oni

Post by red_oni »

Morrisex wrote:
red_oni wrote:It is different from the other rider series. The drama is not that heavy. It is entertaining. I just found out that one of our local tv station is dubbing Hibiki. Don't know how they will pull it off
we're u from actually?
I am from the Philippines (unfortunately), the land of the corrupt and the corrupt. Usually, a rider shouts "henshin". In the Philippine version, they shout "RIDER CHANGE". Another fun fact, usually Hibiki and the gang are called "oni". In our version, the oni's are called "riders". I was expecting cartoon network would dubb hibiki, since they did it with blade.
Morrisex
Adventure

Post by Morrisex »

What??? CN in Philippines dubbed Kamen Rider Blade??? Woah, that's great, well not for Kamen Rider Blade itself because it's one of the worst shows with Den-O in my opinion, but yet it's a Kamen Rider show dubbeb from CN that's cool, u're lucky guys, anyways lol that's funny the oni-rider-tachi facts since not even in Japan they call them riders eheh :) but yet you have it in your language, that's somthing trust me :) and for change of "henshin" well u gotta accept that, because hanshin is a japanise word, if they are going to translate something in ur language they needed to change it in something more appealing, like english words, they always work u know that's what they think lol, unless they change real story and character names like lots of japanise anime have been ruined in Italy way back when i was a child (yet i love them lol), it's really something ;)
KAGGGGAAAAAAAAAAMI!!!!
red_oni

Post by red_oni »

True Morrisex. But I was expecting our dubbers here, to incorporate the word "henshin". In that way fans/non-fans would know a word or two of the japanese language. Just like what tvnihon is doing.
red_oni

Post by red_oni »

Another thing why hibiki is worth watching, the main hero is not some pretty boy star.
Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Muzak

Post by Sora124 »

I just finished the first ep, and I'm loving it so far. The way it begins is just so random and hilarious, and it's an homage to the old silent movies. I really like the costumes, and the creatures are genuinely creepy. I also love the motif for this show, as I'm a musician myself :mrgreen:
icecreamhendrix
Secretly a Robot in Disguise
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Megumi Asou
Favorite Band: The Jimi Hendrix Exp
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Transformers
Quote: There's no time to waste! I must summon the Justice League to an emergency meeting! It may well take our combined powers to battle the awesome menace of Starro and its starfish-deputies! - Aquaman
Location: What's the point of this, everyone else just writes something snarky

Post by icecreamhendrix »

I just finished the series 2 hours ago. In my opinion, its good, but it does have its slow parts, and Kyosuke Kiriya is a douche, and the end is a little lackluster. The movie was pretty awesome, though.

Return to “Kamen Rider Hibiki”