< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
mynightmarestays
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen RIder Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Seto Koji
Favorite Band: Tokio Hotel
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Tha'ts right...Until we seize our dreams, we're going to keep pushing onward!"- Captain Marvelous aka Gokai Red, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Re: Gokaiger the Movie released

Post by mynightmarestays »

the movie was weird. And I agree with the ghost and the G3 Princess, totally random and probelly could have done without them.
KivaWataru
Go Go!
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Double/Kiva
Dreamy: Philip/Joe Gibken
Favorite Actor?: Aiba Hiroki
Favorite Band: Kimeru/Gackt
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: "This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little... and broken... but it's good. Yeah, still good..."

Post by KivaWataru »

I know that things were strange with it being a 3D movie translated to 2D. I know that there were pointless things going on with this movie at points and sometimes just outright random. But you also have to keep a few things in mind:

If you've had a tough day, you're stressed from work or school, it's something to help brighten your day because it's crack and crack is good. As it is Gokaiger breaks the fourth wall nearly every 3rd or 4th episode and they do silly random things throughout the series to keep it funny (case in point, Doc's various poses, the crack episodes every few arcs or so and Gai... just Gai...). Gokaiger is one of those few series that have that perfect mix of crack and seriousness and the movie for it is no different.

Even with however many things they didn't do right or they flubbed on or things that made sense, it's a good movie. I personally enjoyed it thoroughly.
"...you take a boat in the air that you don't love she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down, tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home."
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Wow, this 30 minute was nothing but filled with lots of action. Lol....I admit, the inclusion of Gai was a little awkward. He clearly did not feel like he belonged with the team yet especially during the ending when he's talking to the team on the dinner table. The mecha battle in the end was pretty cool although it looked like it was all in CGI. That doesn't happen often in Sentai. I was surprised by the G3 Princess cameo appearance the most here. It was so random but hey, they were eye candy to look at for 1 minute. The three Casper ghosts were random as well and I'm sure they were just there for the gimmick of 3D. Speaking of 3D, I watched this movie on Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 and activated the 3D function and the effects look pretty cool. Granted, I was only watching it with my 3D glasses with that red and cyan lenses but hey, it worked.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

It wasn't that confusing. Gai was hurt from fighting Ghost Gokaioh, so they had to let him sit out on the adventure. And G3 Princess was a Gorenger Hurricane illusion meant to catch the enemy off-guard, like in the first series.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Like other have said this movie does what it was meant too sit the kiddies down for an extended Gokai episode and relax with some action. Enjoyable movie liked seeing all the previous minions return and combine and still be basic cannon fodder, G3 Princess came out of nowhere, and seeing Agent Abrera again was a nice treat. Disappointing Gai basically had a cameo but I guess he was busy shooting other stuff well this was in production add to that the only real scene he'd work in is the Dekaranger fight, though I suppose he could've been the announcer for the ball game.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”