Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 25 released

Post by takenoko »

Hello clip show!

I guess the bit with all the guest characters was nice, but I'm surprised they didn't say anything about the new Garo movie thing or special or whatever. If you know you're doing something like that, why not talk about it in the last TV episode that's going to be on the air for a while?
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Garo Makai Senki 25 released

Post by HIDragonstar »

Nice recap and summation of the entire series.

Does anyone remember the battle from 22:50-23:03?
I don't remember ever seeing him fight the black knight with a Dragon around.

Wish we could have had a hint on the next movie. Seems we still have more and more of this Mythos to explore. I hope we actually see more of this background in either spin-offs or other another series.

Does anyone feel like they turned Kaoru more and more into a 'Princess' in this series? Strangely, one that is that sexy, but just beautiful? Usually Japanese seems to focus on "Sexy", or "Cute". Kaoru has a air of 'Elegance and Beauty' this season.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I intensely dislike clip shows. This wasn't horrible but it just wasn't really worth watching. And like take said, I wish they had mentioned something about the movie, get me excited for something.
Mitsumi
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Mitsumi »

@HIDragonstar

that from Kiba´s Movie i think it was called Gaiden

Spoiler
Kiba was fighting the remaining light in his soul which took the shape of Garo so this fight happend in Kibas mind and didn´t even involve Saejima Kouga
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

This episode only further illustrated the one thing Makai Senki lacked.

Makai Backpacks.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

That final scene with all the priests and knights was nice, although it was a little sad because it was one of the only scenes where we get to see them together. (When everyone appeared at the press conference announcing the series, I got the impression that the show would be "Makai Justice League". My fault for assuming, of course, but I have to think some other people had the same impression.)

This clip show also answered a question I had whether a Blu-ray release of the original series could be possible (probably not). If I had to guess, I'd say Garo has the same issue that Star Trek: The Next Generation is dealing with now: The live action segments could be converted to HD with little problem, but the special effects were done in SD, forcing you to either upscale the footage (cheaper, but looks ugly) or redo all of the effects (more expensive). Trek is taking the pricier route, but it's probably a sure thing that they'll make their money back, Garo might not be as safe a bet.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Is there any original footage or is it just a huge recap?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Recap to let you know who Saejima Kouga is. I don't remember the part near the end with the important knights/priests circling him though.

I do wish the movie trailer had aired during this. Oh well.

It was a good clip show. Especially for those of us who haven't seen S1 in a couple years.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Okay I guess. I liked the montage at the end.

Amping for the movie.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Yes, it's a clip show, but it manages to put Kouga's entire story in chronological order. Seeing it in a different order tipped it over from being merely repetitive to interesting. (Although, I'm not sure taking a trip down memory lane of the original series can ever be boring because it always reminds me of why I fell in love with it in the first place.) Plus, you've got Zaruba narrating the whole time. He's always good for a quip or two.

The new scene at the end with the Makai folks seeing Kouga off before leaving for the Promised Land (well, actually, before leaving to see Kaoru in the last episode) was very touching. You could tell that the cast was fighting to maintain composure, particularly Jabi and Rei. Makes sense, since I think that was supposed to be serving as the graduation from their roles in this universe. (Or the upcoming movie is - I'm not sure if they're supposed to be in it or not.)

I really enjoyed the PV-esque ending. Not to beat a dead horse, but I thought it did a good job of summarizing visually what I struggled to put into words a few episodes ago - there was some stunning fight choreography from the first series that was lacking in Makai Senki. Overall, I was satisfied with the way Makai Senki turned out, but if I had to choose between re-watching it or the original series, I wouldn't hesitate before picking the original series.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

What struck me was how young the actors look in the first series. I forgot quite a bit of time passed between the first and second series. Kouga's actor even sounds younger! I liked that they recapped his history. I agree with, Take, they could have talked a little about the upcoming movie.

xeroflare
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Kabuto
Dreamy: what i gota choose
Favorite Band: Children of Bodom
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by xeroflare »

good for a clip show. Also am I the only one that after watching that thought some of the old CG stuff looked better then some of this latest series's did??/ maybe I'm just weird lol
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

It was the thread for either the last episode or the one before where I mentioned that this series had one less episode but since one of the eps from the first series was a clip show, that would balance it out...

... well I take that back! :P

Not much to say about it really. Still, I did appreciate the one new scene we did get (so their request was merely to have Kouga transform just for the hell of it?)

Overall I think Makai Senki was supposed to be a different kind of show from the first series. Whilst I think I still prefer the first, this one did a great job of exploring the Garo world more and I love it for that.

My sincerest thanks and gratitude go out to everybody at TVN who worked hard to bring us this slice of awesomeness. I'll be honest and admit that I'm normally not one to ever do something like this, but I'm going to make a donation to you guys. I feel it's the least I can do after all the great stuff you've enabled me to watch over the last few years - you deserve it! I hope you keep up the great work for many more years to come! :D
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This was a nice clip show. It went from chronological order so it made me felt like I was watching a clip show on the Star Wars series from Episodes 1 to 6. I noticed that the clips from Season One were in fullscreen so they had to add a background behind the footage fit with the 16:9 screen. Anyways, I liked the ending scene of all the heroes watching Kouga leave.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Decent recap and nice final scene with all the guest characters saying good bye but they still leave us with the open ending and incomplete or unsure ending. I suppose that we need to wait for the movie or special to see Kouga and Kaoru happy final scene once and for all.

Garo was an excellent show and probably the only bad thing about the second series is the lack of new forms and weapons but other than that it was great with all the characters fighting together in the last episodes.

Thank you TV-Nihon for the great job! :D
Final Vent!

Return to “Makai Senki”