Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Re: Kamen Rider Fourze and OOO Mega Max Movie Taisen Release

Post by Guardian07 »

This is, by far, the best Movie War yet. The plot of all three parts fit and flow together, and even though there's more than ten Riders in this movie, everyone gets to shine.

I'm happy that the seven Rider were treated so well here. I loved how the movie showed their different fighting styles(which were straight from their own series). We get to see the differences between Ichigo and Nigo; Ichigo is the skillful fighter who relies on speed and technique, while Nigo is the furious brawler who uses brute strength. And Amazon fighting using Capoeira was great. Speaking of, Amazon is just awesome in this movie; the voice actor was excellent(friend...) and him facing off with Smilodon was really fitting.

I know the seven Rider Medals and Switches were weird but I take that as just a merchandising thing(they do sell those, and the switches do work on the Ganbaride machines). The story intention was simple enough; Kannagi imprisoned the seven Riders, and OOO and Fourze helped them escape.

Miharu's situation sums up my feelings on the Heisei era notion of "if you have a Rider belt/power, you're a Kamen Rider"; just having the power doesn't mean that you're worthy of the title Kamen Rider and fit to use the power. Miharu had TWO Rider system with him, but he fails as a Rider because he lacks the most important parts of being a Kamen Rider; the courage to face impossible odds, the determination to do the right thing, and the will to fight for what's important to him. It's only after he obtained them that he became a true Kamen Rider.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Chariot wrote:
Conan_Edogawa wrote:awesome movie.
Date, why you no scruffy?! you're supposed to be like Bang from BlazBlue. Ridiculous, ridiculously awesome, and scruffy!

Wait.... wasn't Sonoda gone by the time Gen had Fire? why's Oosugi refering to her a his homeroom teacher when she's gone now?
Yeah, I haven't seen Rescue Force, so seeing Date without facial hair is weird!

Gen got Fire long before Sonoda left. She wasn't officially announced to not be their teacher anymore until episode 21.
ah, right. stuff more than 2 weeks back blurs together for me and toku shows.
EonStrife
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by EonStrife »

oh, and one possible minor easter egg..

The Claydoll Dopant did Wakana's signature 'tckh!'
Sakurambo
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Sakurambo »

Speaking of, Amazon is just awesome in this movie; the voice actor was excellent(friend...) and him facing off with Smilodon was really fitting.
Amazon is just awesome, period, and his thematic emphasis on friendship makes him great fodder for Showa references in Fourze.
I very strongly recommend looking up his series (it's only 24 episodes), if you haven't seen it already. :)

I do wonder why we haven't gotten any Super-1, though. You'd think he'd be the go-to guy, what with the "Space Rider" thing and all.
He doesn't even have a Legend Switch for the Fourze Driver.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Sakurambo wrote: Amazon is just awesome, period, and his thematic emphasis on friendship makes him great fodder for Showa references in Fourze.
I very strongly recommend looking up his series (it's only 24 episodes), if you haven't seen it already. :)

I do wonder why we haven't gotten any Super-1, though. You'd think he'd be the go-to guy, what with the "Space Rider" thing and all.
I am looking into trying out Amazon(found all episodes subbed). Currently blasting through Hikari Sentai Maskman(not one of my top favorites, but it's really good nonetheless).

Actually I'm kinda bummed that Skyrider wasn't in this movie. It'd be the perfect chance to tie the Showa era to the Heisei era, since Skyrider's final enemies were a giant space dragon and the Galaxy King. It would've been awesome if this movie's Galaxy King is in any way related to that(a reincarnation, or reconstruction or something). Skyrider also needed the help of the Riders before him to take down his Galaxy King.

Then again, I guess this Galaxy King and the space dragon Mutamit are just throwbacks to that. Still, no Skyrider -___- .
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Ok, time to sort out continuity here, at least mentally.

All three series happened, that we can agree on. We can even stay OOO might have started a little before W Forever.

W Forever... well, Kougami might have been interested in why zombies were invasding a place and "Asked" Eiji to check it out.

Movie Wars Core.... doesn't really fit, not unless you ignore the Greeed scene, have it take place over time (So it starts before Date is Birth, but ends after Gotou is). Shame really, but you can probably still use the W part.

Wonderful... ugh, thats a little headache too, just pretend it happened after Uva revived Mezool and Gamel... yeah, that fits, Date has Birth, Gotou doesn't, Eiji has PyuToTera, Ankh is on the hero's side and we have all four other greeed and Maki. It means we have to shove the first two arcs of Fourze back a little timeline wise (Unless he had Magic Hand before the Chameleon arc) but that we can put down to comic book time.

And... yeah, that fits.

As for the movie itself, Nadeshiko seemed rather brutal in her fighting style, compared to the other riders at least... reminded me of Amazon actually.

Interesting trivia: V3 lost a little sister, along with the rest of his family... and he's fighting Claydoll, who was the little sister of her family. Tsk

Shoutarou seems to keep that Lost Driver on him at all times now. I like Joker though, so thats always good.

Terui was probably busy elsewhere, or made an excuse due to bad memories of last time he fought Foundation X (Utopia)

Also, if I remember correctly, that Burgermeal that Nadeshiko created is called Super Burgermeal. You know, to go with Super Rocket. Speaking of which, I love Rocket Tailspin, awesome and unique finisher. I hope the movie counts as canon, and then suddenly in the finale, Gentarou busts it out. (Oh god, Super Rocket in the Cosmic Sword.)
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Sakurambo wrote:
Speaking of, Amazon is just awesome in this movie; the voice actor was excellent(friend...) and him facing off with Smilodon was really fitting.
Amazon is just awesome, period, and his thematic emphasis on friendship makes him great fodder for Showa references in Fourze.

Because Super-1 wasn't in the first 7 Rider series to appear. I got the feeling they said 7 Legendary Riders just so the number fits with the total number of Switch and Medals OOO and Fourze can use in one time.

When Satonaka isn't wearing a weird costume, she looks hot enough fighting all the trash Yummy. not to mention that's some kicks she can deliver.

By the way, good movie to be subbed by T-N team. Thanks T-N
Deathstrike
Go Go!

Post by Deathstrike »

Sakurambo wrote:I got the feeling they said 7 Legendary Riders just so the number fits with the total number of Switch and Medals OOO and Fourze can use in one time.
While that may be the logical explanation, you also have to keep in mind that Stronger was supposed to be the last KR show.
Sky Rider was supposed to be a remake of the original show until the writers decided to bring in the old Riders, which is why he was only called "Kamen Rider" to begin with.
Already back then, the 7 Riders were already considered to be legends, even inside the show.

People have already talked about Amazon, but was it only me who noticed how Stronger sounded almost exactly like the original?
When he shouted "Stronger Den Kick!" I actually thought they were using old audio tracks. That REALLY sounded like Shigeru (may he rest in peace)
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

Oh man was an awesome movie that was words cannot describe how awesome it was. So first up is OOOs. The rider from the future was pretty cool. OOOs movie was alright but I couldn't stand Hina-chan in this one. I like the old showa style of Aqua seems they go back to basics in the future. Next up is Fourze and man I loved this one. A nice love story and normally these types of films don't move me but this one did. It was nice to see a female rider back in the show. Now for the enemies with Foundation X. It definatly seems they're the new Dai Shocker and could the new types of monsters Mutamis, be a hint to the next rider series? The music was super cool as well fitted the scenes perfectly. One last thing those helicopters that begin to chase OOOs and Fourze look like the one that appeared right at the beginning of W. AWESOME MOVIES SIMPLY AWESOME. 10/10
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

I thought it was assumed at the end of Decade that all the riders worlds were now one thanks to Apollo Geist Smashing them all into each other. This movie just comfirms that.

Speaking of decade... that's some shitty fonts you selects for the original riders. I thought they had thier own fonts back in Decade as well?

Of course i've been quite busy and never did get around to watching that Den-O All riders one so I don't know what ya'll did with them in that movie.

but god... You'd think the original riders would get a bit more respect than that..
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I think anybody laughing at Stronger's football padding is gonna disrespect them more than just some silly font usage.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

This is definetely what the Taisen movies should be from now on, no to say that the previous ones were bad, but in a way they felt like forced crossovers, while in here everything flows naturally.

The OOO´s part was wonderful. I was really curious about how they were going to make a prologue to the series without betraying its ending, and it worked great since everything connected with the finale, the medals, ankh and the characters, in a way this could have been episode 49 of the series, kind of like W last episode except bigger and better. Eiji truly felt like the Eiji we knew, but now he has grown after everything that has happened, and he is way more proficient at fighting in here, for a moment i really got the feeling that he wasn´t just Eiji, he was OOO´s, even while in human form. At first i didn´t liked the way ankh was portrayed, it felt like something from him was missing, but at the end everything made sense.

The Fourze part was a bit strange at first, this was shot early on in fourze so the characters weren´t as established, i am really amazed of how much the actor for Gentarou has grown as an actor, in the first episodes he always seemed a bit over the top for me, but he has grown into the characters making him feel more real. I can see the same thing in this movie, at first he is just silly Gentarou, but by the end he is more like the current Gentarou, and the scene with all of the KRC supporting him was just perfect, the series should have more moments like that.

All in all, those two segments were perfectly written, in fact i think that the only bad thing about them is that they were part of a bigger movie, you could have perfectly take those parts, expand them a little, and create stand alone movies. This is particularly true for OOO, this could have been a perfect "OOO´s returns" movie. I could have really used more Aqua, and poseidon looked great. The Fourze part really was to big in concept for a couple of episodes, and really, Nadeshiko, for all her flaws, was adorable, not to mention that the idea of her starting as a mindless creature and eventually evolving was perfect, she was a small character but her role in the movie was good.

Also, old man Cake Boss will hunt my nightmares forever.

I really liked W´s cameo, at first i thought they were just going to throw in a meaningless cameo like they did in Let´s go kamen rider, but he played a nice part in the story without taking over, this was OOO and Fourze movie, he was a guest star and was used perfectly, kind of like his role in the Accel Movie, and it was nice seeing Kamen Rider Joker again, is good to see that Shoutarou didn´t forget about it.

Aahhh the seven Riders, i am not trying to make a comparison here but their use was better than their cameos in Let´s Go Kamen Rider, they really didn´t need to appear in this movie, they were merely the icing on the cake, but they did a damn good job. When they were fighting the revived dopants and Greeeds i was literally screaming for them to use their signature attacks, and when they did my heart almos stopped. Also, Amazon is friend.

The final battle against Galaxy King was good, it is true that there was too much CGI, but the fight wasn´t so long that it bottered me, it was just the climax, the movie has so many great fights using good old stunt work that i really don´t mind.

Overall a great movie, hopefully they will keep this up in the future, after this there is definitely going to be a Movie War 2012.

PS: Is it just me or did they throw a Kikaider 01 reference in there?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

So it will take 40 years for Kamen Rider to finally face and defeat their final, greatest enemy... WATER!

Over all not a bad flick, though I wouldn't have minded more W myself. But really, having any W in this OOO and Fourze flick is great.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Regarding Super Tatoba Combo: wow, the OOO Scanner really loves repeating the word "super", doesn't it?

"Super, Super, Super! Super Taka! Super Tora! Super Batta! Su-u-per, Tatoba, Tatoba! ... Super!"

That is all.
Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Post by Ginhoshi »

Since everyone had already told their dislikes on this movie, I will say what I found inconsistent with their respective series if this would actually be considered canon. First is OOO, there are 10 purple medals at the end Maki had 3 and Eiji had 7, Eiji's 7 medals got destroyed before and Maki got sucked into that time portal, second Ankh didn't had the ability to create yummies until he got reunited with the other Ankh, so how can Foundation X grunts make yummies out themselves? Next is Fourze, I thought Stardust comes off from Horoscopes, and are almost as strong as they are so Foundation X can mass produce them? And lastly so the Dopants and the Greeeds were dummies right, so that explain why they are so weak. And now Super Tatoba, so it is as physically strong as Sagozou, and have a clock up ability being a medal from the future, not bad for a super form, I just wished they showed more of it's ability since it is unlikely they will use it till the next movie war. And though Tajador didn't use scanning charge in that quick combo scene, I'm quite possitive it used the Tajya Spinner's Giga Scan although I only heard the Condor and the scanning sound. Since it already showed the Scanning Charge from fighting Poseidon, I guess they had a 1 Scanning Charge per combo quota or something. If OOO had all the medals again atleast one of each, wouldn't it had been easier to do what they did against Gara? Using all 5 combos at the same time compared to one at a time, I guess is overkill.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”