Forum rules
Wiki Link

< DaiRanger | MegaRanger | TimeRanger >
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

MegaRanger 31 Released

Post by jonty »

Uh-oh, Stop Him! Gileel is Out of Control. This title is refreshingly straightforward.

Spoiler
Quote of the Episode
"Big Bang Attack"
Not really a quote, but I couldn't find anything else interesting. What does the name of this attack have to do with the attack itself, really? Did they just grab a random space phrase and throw "attack" at the end?

Frame of the Episode
Can't decide which is creepier:

02:29
Yugande's still moving!!

08:05
Is that sweet or creepy? Both?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 31 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

That's something you don't see nowadays. Usually the new attack would defeat the new powerful enemy with ease but not in this case. Not only the new attack doesn't finished off the powerful enemy, it managed to create another enemy. Who knew that Hinelar gave a damn about his subordinates? I stand by his decision to give Gileel a powerup that would destroy his mind.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Wow. Toei really gave their mecha a proper sendoff in the olden days, didn't they? While current series still have the first mecha getting their butt kicked, they definitely don't do it like that anymore. Poor Hinelar is going to be disappointed in the end though, but at least it's nice to see him get out and actually do something evil.

Anyhow, I've noticed that you guys typically do MegaRanger in batches of 5 episodes. Since this is the 5th in the current batch, does this mean it's going back on hiatus or will we be getting part 2 soonish?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Honestly, probably a while.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Honestly, probably a while.
Figured as much, but thanks for the honest answer.:)
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

Yeah, to provide more information on that, I'm usually responsible for getting the ball rolling on Mega batches, being the timer. I frankly don't have as much time on my hands as I used to, though I am hoping to get started on that in the coming weeks.

Also, you have to remember that it is in the nature of the non-weeklies that they simply don't garner the same attention from the staff as currently running shows. It's the nature of the beast that old shows are going to be lower on the totem pole.

Lastly, doing the episodes in DVD batches is more efficient as far as encoding and releasing goes, but it does sort of have the disadvantage of getting over the huge mental block of working on a big batch of episodes rather than a single weekly episode. It's way easier for me to set aside time to knock out a quick 24-minute episode of Go-Busters (for timing) than it is to do the same for a 2-hour set of Mega episodes.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Damn good episode, i'd forgotten that INET's base of operations is actually in the ship.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Chaos42
Gao

Post by Chaos42 »

thanks hope to see the next batch soon [snip]. Keep going your doing us all a huge service.
Last edited by XIII on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please keep spoilerrish material to yourself

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”