Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

AkibaRanger 10 released

Post by takenoko »

What a plot dump. Since they've been dropping hints throughout the series, I guess none of this is too surprising. The only big surprise is the parallel world full of particles that make people's imaginations come true.

So the plot is to destroy Hakase's voice so she can't portray Aoi anymore? Not sure what to make of Hakse's brother from America. It kind of seems like they'd be more wary of phone calls now that they know Malshiina can imitate other people's voices.

Who's hairstyle do you recommend, Akagi?

Trivia on the wiki page:
http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/AkibaRanger_Episode_10
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: AkibaRanger 10 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Yumeria's cosplay in this episode was very adorable.

When I first saw the guy on the motorcycle, I was like "OMG it's Retsu!". Then I realized it was his actor's, Takagi Manpei's, twin brother. I would totally laugh if that was what Akagi was referencing to when Kozukozu was showing him the picture.

Anyone else laughed when Mitsuki knocked Akagi over when she did her role call? XD

Also, it was pretty funny watching "Retsu" look for the scorpion on Hakase's chest. The others were like "What the hell are you doing?"

Also, there's a ZyuRanger reference with the candles. I won't say what it is for obvious reasons :P

Watching Kozukozu saying her name in English was pretty cute. INCREDIBLE!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yeah, I'm thinking the call from the Pentagon is Malshiima as well. It seems way too convenient for Hasake's brother to show up and become the new AkibaRed.

Yumeria's rollcall about the recent anime with the girl being a gun is referring to Upotte. It's about a school where the girls are actually anthropomorphised versions of real world guns. In my opinion, you will want to bang your head on something hard after the first episode.
Banjo
Infinity

Post by Banjo »

I read there's going to be a special 13th episode. I'm happy for that
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The post that people showed me of it makes me doubt that there will be one. It's written rather jovially, so it might just be a joke. I'm still going to go by what Amazon says which is that there's only 12 episodes:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%9D%9E%E5%85 ... 379&sr=1-3
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

What a plot dump indeed. It's only going to get more insane from here on out when Malshiina makes her blindly obvious heel face turn.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

So Hakase is cursed and will loose her voice. The way she got the curse was pretty strange though. The moesomething particles shouldn't work like that and that's the only thing that explains the abnormalities in the show.

LOL @ Nobu getting hit by Mitsuki's roll call.

Delu-knight has Sanji and Kotetus's voice. And his attack is similat to Barizorg's.

What was that attack with Yuko upside down?

I thought it was Retsu, but Takuma is played by Retsu's actor twin. His clothes might be a reference to Terui's. And riding a bike with a trumpet? KR Ibuki reference.

The girls reaction to him was funny, even though that was a bit cheesy. And LOL @ the pentagon wanting to hire Nobu. Shouldn't they call his phone or his job's phone? Pretty silly if you ask me. They could've used the JSDF or somethign. Takuma being from Interpol is also kinda lame. And they wouldn't send just one guy. I know the show isn't supposed to be realistic, but they could at least try to make the parts in the real world more convincing

I wonder what will happen to MaruCna, since she probably feels her papa doesn't like her anymore.

Anyway, Takuma is either a villain or he won't get the victory flags.

And Dr. Z really destroyed the moe anime fans.
blazin
Go Go!

Post by blazin »

Wonder if anyone notice on the monitor screen and wall of Dr. Z?

Its not really a Z but a Japanese word~ "乙" - otome~
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

乙 is the "otsu" of Sutema Otsu.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Obviously a trap. I think that the new guy (with his crap Kikada impersonation) is the Delu Knight, especially with being the son of the bad guy, but I imagine that we'll find that out if we see them fighting next time.

Also, I liked how they pretty much said 'we have enough badguys for a full season' and Dr Z is all like "we only have a few episodes left, fire them all". Amazing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just to add, it's actually Japanese Internet slang. Otsu is short for Otsukaresama (御疲れ様) which means "good work" basically. Eventually people on the forums abbreviated it to Otsu, which happens to be the same sound as the kanji for the O (乙) in Otome (乙女).
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Two MORE Dairanger references!

(Doushi Kaku, and the scorpion is a throwaway to the Poison Spider technique by Jin)
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Oh, silly Dr. Z, don't you know that if you fire them with no reason, you'll have to give them their last pay with a plus? :lol:
KamenRiderScar
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Yes
Favorite Band: A little bit of all
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "It doesn't take the world's greatest nations to create the next global conflict, just the will of a single man." -Makarov
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by KamenRiderScar »

I'm actually surprised that the brother never made any Power Ranger references.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i think he is waiting until he transforms.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”