Currently redoing on DVD
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Sakurambo
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Why BSSM instead of PGSM?

Post by Sakurambo »

Not that it really matters, but is there any reason why the torrents and filenames use the "Bishojo Senshi" (ie:Anime) title when the toku show title used is "Pretty Guardian"? It doesn't hurt anything so long as the translation is unaffected, but it looks a little confusing when differentiating the two cannons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Sailor Moon 07 released

Post by takenoko »

What do you mean? It's the same name for all the series (manga, anime). It's mainly because the Japanese refer it to Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Jisshaban 実写版 which basically means the live action version, so I tend to think of that as being more official. I also don't like Pretty Guardians because it's a stupid name that sounds tacky.
Sakurambo
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Re: Sailor Moon 07 released

Post by Sakurambo »

Oh, it's definitely tacky; no arguments there. But it's what they put on the title card, so that's it's English name. And it does make for an easy differentiation between the versions, I think. "Pretty Guardian" is only used in the toku version, so if you say that, English fans have no trouble understanding what you mean.

Again, this is ultimately trivial, so long as the translation style isn't affected. I just think it's an odd way to handle the torrent/filename semantics. I'm certainly not going to start talking about how much I like like "Masked Rider" anytime soon, but then, there was never another version with another name to confuse it with. What is this "Saban" thing you speak of? ^_^

Return to “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon”