How do you feel about Power Rangers?

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: How do you feel about Power Rangers?

Post by Lunagel »

Shush and watch the war.

/me breaks out the popcorn
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Lunagel wrote:/me breaks out the popcorn
Share with me please? :D
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

BigSlim wrote:i spoiler tagged you're the one revealing everything
:)
I thought the spoiler rules stopped being in effect once the episode had been released? I didn't 'reveal' anything that wasn't obvious in ep37...

Also: HW-DiEnd: I'm hardly an angry fangirl. Fangirl, yes. Angry, no. What do I have to be angry about? I'm confident in my knowledge that the guy that's been pulling the Go-Busters' tails since the first episode is the one in charge.

(Also: Escape's eyes glowed, Enter laughed at her, wished her luck and walked away. Enter's eyes glowed and Escape was immediately cowed and visibly frightened. But keep telling yourself Escape is the 'head honcho'.)
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

I used to "hate" Power Rangers except for the corny MMPR but after watching Linkara's reviews I've actually come to like the series'.

Power On!
ImageImage
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Some seasons may look corny to some people. It just depends on your particular taste.

But I'm a PR nerd so I love all of them......except once Operation Overdrive. I keep sounding like a broken record for saying that, but it's true.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

operation overdrive never happened. ever....xD
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Post by Lunchboxx »

locuas wrote:operation overdrive never happened. ever....xD
I do the exact same treatment with PR and any movie sequels I never like.

(Off topic, but all the Karate Kid movies after 2 NEVER happened, 2 was the end of that story for me. I reject your reality and substitute my own! But I digress, this is Power Rangers we are talking about here)
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

It's because Operation Overdrive didn't know what the hell they were doing with the footage. I mean episodes rarely matched up.

Anyways.

Start with original Power Rangers. When I was around 8 I did this after school thing since my mom didn't want to hire a babysitter for two hours a day. It was pretty much me and like forty other kids playing games and having snacks and drinks.

There was this big dude that was one of the watchers. Always weirded everyone out since he always wore a three piece suit.

One day he had playing the entire two hours. Doctor Who. Everyone was amazed by it. (4th Doctor) ((This was 96 or 97)) I remember everyone was talking about Zeo and we had on our power Ranger shirts and he told us about Sentai.

The next time we saw him he had an hour of Zyuranger and an hour of Dairanger. Best two hours ever of all time. I don't remember much. I remember seeing the main five Zyurangers and 'their Zordon' in a middle of the field.

There was one episode where a blue ranger (Don't remember Dai or Zyu) was trapped in a belly and spent almost the entire episode trying to punch his way out.

And there was a baseball episode where they went against a baseball monster in well baseball.

I admit Power Rangers and Sentai has their faults. Power Rangers needs to be more story focused sometimes I guess. I mean that is why In Space and Time Force did well. SPD also did well.

Samurai eh.... their fault was not making their show Japanese enough... I mean if they are supposed to be in lineage of ancient warriors there should have been at least two Japanese actors and at least make Red Japanese. The others I probably wouldn't care much about. It's the fact that the LORD of seventeen generations isn't the same race as the original lord.

Also copying off of Shinkenger plots... at least use the character types....
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander

Post by Lunchboxx »

I admit Power Rangers and Sentai has their faults. Power Rangers needs to be more story focused sometimes I guess. I mean that is why In Space and Time Force did well. SPD also did well.
Oh absolutely, better story for each season would be awesome. Some of the best stories from PR I've ever seen was In Space, Time Force, Dino Thunder, SPD and finally RPM.
Zelalem
Infinity
Favorite series: EHH...TOO MANY!
2nd Favorite Series: EVEN HARDER!
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama
Favorite Actor?: Joe Odagiri
Favorite Band: The Seatbelts
My boom: Cowboy Bebop
Quote: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time.

Post by Zelalem »

Lunchboxx wrote:Some seasons may look corny to some people. It just depends on your particular taste.

But I'm a PR nerd so I love all of them......except once Operation Overdrive. I keep sounding like a broken record for saying that, but it's true.
Just Operation Overdrive? I can't stand Turbo, Mystic Force, Overdrive, and Jungle Fury. LOL. But honestly, I love Power Rangers and even though it will almost never be better than it's Japanese counterpart (with the exception of In Space), I still consider PR and SS to be their own big series, rather than two opposing shows that are at each others necks.
JT515
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mao ichimichi
Favorite Band: M.O.V.E

Post by JT515 »

My take on it is that i hate power rangers with a passion and i actually grew up with sentai .
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Jesus dude, you don't have to make three separate posts to declare your hatred of PR. You've said your piece, now stop spamming.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Yeah, now you're just spamming. Saying it once is enough, seriously. Stop hijacking threads to complain about something over and over again. If seeing this section of the forums really bother you, join the NoPowerRangers usergroup to block this forum.
JT515
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mao ichimichi
Favorite Band: M.O.V.E

Post by JT515 »

Lunagel wrote:Jesus dude, you don't have to make three separate posts to declare your hatred of PR. You've said your piece, now stop spamming.
oh lol sorry i didnt realised that i didnt mean to spam but they are kinda diffrent because they are on diffrent takes on issues such as thoughts of megaforce,samurai.etc all diffrent issues so not really spamming. :)
ReversedSentai wrote:Yeah, now you're just spamming. Saying it once is enough, seriously. Stop hijacking threads to complain about something over and over again. If seeing this section of the forums really bother you, join the NoPowerRangers usergroup to block this forum.
actually im not because the threads i made post on was thoughts on this of thought on that and i gave my thought as i have a right to do just as you and other people have a right to do and i didnt just go on there just to say PR sucks i just wanted to give my opinion and its diffrent enought to create intresting converstation thats all. sorry if i seem liked i was just spamming i guess i next time i will go into detail and give legit reasons. becides that i never recalled seeing any post limit on anything so i can post on any topic i like they all seemed intresting enough to me to make a post if they were not intresting i would not make a post. so its not spamming.
Last edited by JT515 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

If you have nothing better to say than to bash the same thing repeatedly in multiple threads, regardless of what the topic might be, then that's spamming.

Return to “Americanized stuff”