Wiki Link

< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
Yunnlong
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Sleep is God, now go worship.

Re: KR Fourze 48 released

Post by Yunnlong »

Something I realized about Kengo suddenly coming back. Aquarius' power allows the Switcher to heal biological wounds and abnormalities. The Core Switch was fixed thanks to it. This being the case, we can assume that the Core Switch is a biological machine. As soon as the Core Switch is pressed, a Core Child is created using the creature who pressed it as a base to create the child. The Core Child is a combination of whatever the Presenter is and the creature. In other words, the Presenter and the creature are the Core Child's parents. Following this logic, it can be assumed that the Core Switch is basically a hand held seed. Since the Switch already had the blueprints of humanity in it thanks to Kengo, him coming back when the it was pressed a second time kind of makes sense. I'm curious as to why he would end up in his room rather than beside Gamou though.

Gentarou fighting Gamou while out of suit was incredible. I've never seen the hero actually win a fight bare handed while out of suit and fighting a monster.

This was a fun ending, even if it felt a little rushed.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Virgo switch...
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Yup, Virgo Switch. Gamou used it to collect the Core Switch from Moon back and use it 2nd time to transport Kengo to his bedroom. Doesn't want the Child to sleep alone at a park, could get mugged by some random robber. Judging by the time Kengo wake up, this makes sense.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

I've rewatched the episode at least 4 times. :D Intense AND delightful end to a delightful series. (I won't comment on the action scenes, because they're not what attracts me to Kamen Rider, it's the characters and their interactions. And the occasional mythical aspect. I REALLY love the idea of the Presenter.) My small headscratch moment is why Kengo came back as a teen and not a baby. Was it that there was already that much data stored in the core switch that it managed to take him back like he was just before he disintegrated? Or did he actually come back as a baby, and then grew through those 18 years rapidly while he was still unconscious? (Wouldn't explain that he was fully clothed when he woke up though.) I sort of think of him like some sort of Tomoe Hotaru of Sailormoon fame, just like Gentarou totally gives off Usagi wibes, only in a shonen way. ^^
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

When he died at the moon, his clothes disappeared too. Lets just assume everything is being stored as data in the Core Switch (for use by Presenter). of course it came back when he was revived. same case with Phillip.~.~
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

I wonder if the presenter is gonna be something only from this series, or it will have relevance in the rest of the rider universe. it could be kind of an intersting idea for a future big crossover.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

^
I like this idea. A LOT.
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Yunnlong wrote:Gentarou fighting Gamou while out of suit was incredible. I've never seen the hero actually win a fight bare handed while out of suit and fighting a monster.
While not exactly like you describe, I do feel the need to point towards this:

Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Yeah my opinion has been pretty much voiced by everyone else, this finale was AWESOME!

But yeah the M-Bus plot hole is kinda distracting. Emoto did say that they are in suspended animation.

I really wanted Sonada and the other Zodiart switchers back.

Now for Kamen Rider Wizard, can't wait.
DwightSteel
Gao
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Dude. Megumi. So hot
Favorite Band: Daft Punk right now
My boom: Tube

Post by DwightSteel »

Haven't got to the actual episode yet, but I watched a commercial pack for the first time. Why can't commercials stateside be that awesome?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, you reminded me. The girl in that Del Monte/Disney commercial is Aquarius Zodiarts.
DwightSteel
Gao

Post by DwightSteel »

Holy plonkers! You're right!
DwightSteel
Gao

Post by DwightSteel »

That was satisfying. Like a good meal. It just hit all the right beats. I knew it was gonna be a good one when I found myself tearing up five minutes in. Anyway, I'm gonna miss Fourze. But I'm super excited for Wizard.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Two parallels I enjoyed:

1st) The scene at the bridge at the end with Kengo catching the letter was a good throw back to the first episode for obvious reasons. It was nice to see him finally do the Kitaaaa bit as well.

2) When Fourze was taking Gamou on in base states with his Rider Rocket Drill Kick, I figured he would try for the double limit break again, like against Scorpio. I was surprised when he hit the lever another four (get it?) times. That must have really burnt out the rocket and drill switches.

The only thing I had a bit of trouble with was the fact that Fourze and Meteor were finally able to beat Gamou and Leo, despite getting trumped at every other turn. I suppose you could attribute it to the power of friendship and Kengo passing away and what not. Meteor having that max power thing, why didn't he use it before. Also kinda let down Leo didn't go Supernova at all. Oh well, it was a decent fight between the two.

You would have thought that Ryusei would have collected all those Horoscopes switches as they where dispersed. Apparently not, and Gamou went back to get at least the Aquarius switch before going back to the park to get fix the Core Switch and then die.

And the kid at the start of the last episode, I fully figured was Gentarou, being scruffy looking and all. I feel kind of bad for Gamou, he was a really cool antagonist that was really misguided.

Overall, a fantastic series. I've loved every moment of it right from the beginning, despite the initial doubts I had with the promotional material. Probably my favourite series now. I will go into Wizard with an open mind. Fourze in my opinion has really directed the Hesei series in the correct direction with what needs to be done and I look forward to the future.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Gottis wrote:I've rewatched the episode at least 4 times. :D Intense AND delightful end to a delightful series. (I won't comment on the action scenes, because they're not what attracts me to Kamen Rider, it's the characters and their interactions. And the occasional mythical aspect. I REALLY love the idea of the Presenter.) My small headscratch moment is why Kengo came back as a teen and not a baby. Was it that there was already that much data stored in the core switch that it managed to take him back like he was just before he disintegrated? Or did he actually come back as a baby, and then grew through those 18 years rapidly while he was still unconscious?
I looked at Kengo dying as just being shut off. Even though crushed. Once the switch was restored. The data was then just turned back on. So no reason for him to be reset. Or Kengo would of lost all his memories.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”