KR W "Adult belt"

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR W "Adult belt"

Post by takenoko »

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000078295/

Looks like they're trying something new called Complete Selection Modification. As far as I can tell, the actual buckle is the same as the DX version, except it has a new paint job. The GaiaMemories have a new holographic sticker.

The big change is that the band itself used to wrap around the person has been modified to fit adults. As you can see, it uses a completely different band (the DX probably uses those plastic strips that they use for all belts). The belt still looks pretty small to me. (What's 70-100 cm in a measurement that Americans use?) 40 inches?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR W "Adult belt"

Post by Catastrophe »

Didn't they used to do this a while back? I remember and adult Kuuga, Ryuki and Faiz belt.

I suppose that the issue with the Double Driver is that the driver itself doesn't really do anything, its the Memories with the electronics. So it's easy to adult it up by giving it a fancy strap.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The main Complete Selection line is a completely different toy model than the DX version. Obviously I don't own any since they're prohibitive cost-wise (maybe that's why they're going with a middle of the road modification route?) but I always imagined that the new molds for the Complete Selection were a lot bigger and better suited for an adult frame.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I get your point. Bandai are sick of people modding their own belts, but they charge premium price for an adult one.

I remember seeing a video review of the adult Faiz one when I first got into Kamen Rider years back. That came with pointer and the shot in adult scale as well, so it was probably worth that little extra cash.

It might be worth it if they say do OOOs or Fourze, because one would assume you'd get all the medals and switches. Then again, they'd be really expensive.
Comatose
Gabu
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Maya
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Henshin devices

Post by Comatose »

Yeah, the complete selections of the past were much better made. die cast metal instead of plastic, more detail, et cetera. I have the adult ryuki belt, much better than the pics i've seen of the kids version.

if i had money i would definitely look in to getting this new double driver. definitely want one and this one looks sweet. i'd probably have to work on losing weight to make it worth it though. :P
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Looks pretty awesome! Now I'm glad I never got around to getting a Double Driver. Now if only they made a Lost Driver with the T2 Joker memory too I'd be ecstatic.
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

pre orders for the 1st batch and 2nd batch of the w complete selection adult belt are over. 1st batch is releasing this month and 2nd batch is in may. what do you mean you're glad you never got a w driver? they will never release a lost driver with t2 joker together.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Now you can get a Complete Selection Lost Driver and Accel Driver.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I like how they're wrapped around shiny cloth like it's some fashion statement or something.
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

Comatose wrote:Yeah, the complete selections of the past were much better made. die cast metal instead of plastic, more detail, et cetera. I have the adult ryuki belt, much better than the pics i've seen of the kids version.

if i had money i would definitely look in to getting this new double driver. definitely want one and this one looks sweet. i'd probably have to work on losing weight to make it worth it though. :P
but think of this, the past CS belts were expensive as hell. besides, the w driver was pretty much show accurate in size and if they were to make it diecast, it would be pretty heavy to wear around your waist. by just adding a few new paint to it and show accurate belt, they can keep the costs down.

i shudder to think how a power rangers cosplayer would have to deal with wearing the legacy morpher since that morpher is diecast = heavy
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

Huh, I didn't know you could get an adult size belt. Then again, I modded my kid belt with cardboard and LOTS of duct tape, and it works fine. Speaking of belts and memories, does anyone know where I could get a Fang memory for under $30? I've been looking everywhere.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

There is absolutely no way you will find one that cheap. These toku items get pulled out of circulation quickly and then get driven up in price. The cheapest I've seen recently was for sale for $60 USD, which was how much it cost upon release roughly.

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on ebay or try yahoo japan auctions if you can use it.
KnitChick
Team Baron
Team Baron
2nd Favorite Series: ToQger
Dreamy: Hidari Shotarou
Favorite Actor?: Kiriyama Renn
Favorite Band: Mitsuru Matsuoka
My boom: Kamen Rider W
Quote: "Saa, omae no tsumi wo kazero."

Post by KnitChick »

HenshinForPie wrote:Huh, I didn't know you could get an adult size belt. Then again, I modded my kid belt with cardboard and LOTS of duct tape, and it works fine. Speaking of belts and memories, does anyone know where I could get a Fang memory for under $30? I've been looking everywhere.
If you're really really lucky, you might be able to stumble on one from eBay or Mandarake for around $40. That's about what I paid for mine (I forget if that one came from eBay or Amazon but $40 is what I have noted in my Cosplanner). But it's not easy to find Fang for any less than that. He was not cheap to begin with. And make sure you're going for the DX - there's also a CSM (Complete Selection Modification) Fang that's way more expensive. But much nicer and somewhat more show accurate.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”