Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Go-Busters 42 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

This was a very nice episode. Really reminds me of Den-Liner a lot.

And oh my god, Youko singing the "We are all alive" song immediately brought me back to episode one of DekaRanger. It's interesting how in both cases, the female heroine sings the song to hostages trapped in a form of transportation.
DREWdesu
7X

Re: Go-Busters 42 Released

Post by DREWdesu »

That was a really nice episode although I do have the question the strategy of using Miho as bait for the Megaroid (Megazord/Metaroid) to come... it didn't work in the wedding episode it surely wouldn't have worked on this episode. Great to see this was a Youko focus episode as well and hope she prospers into an idol career after she is finished with GB haha I'm just kidding.

Preview
Spoiler
Love the black santa suits

Movie preview
Spoiler
Wow is it me or is Ryouma Baba / Ryuuji's hair much longer in this clip? Oh and Ahim you are so fine :D.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Huh...the ending was really clever, i can't believe i didn't see it coming.
Yoshimoon
Infinity
Favorite series: Sailor Moon
2nd Favorite Series: Mahou Sentai Magiran
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Shin Megami Tensei
Quote: Tenkuu no hoshi, Tenousei wo shugo ni motsu, hishou no senshi, Sailor Uranus!

Post by Yoshimoon »

I really enjoyed this episode. Youko and Umeko need to get together and sing "We are all alive." I immediately remembered the first episode of Dekaranger that I watched 8 years ago. Hearing all the train announcements as seeing the ads in the background made me miss the Japanese Transit system. I was expecting a filler episode, but things got serious in the end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Enter is always full of fun surprises, and this episode is no exception. You think the Messiah Card is gone? Nope! Like a nested Russian doll, there was another Megazord inside the whole time. Brilliant. Enter and Escape working as a team was great too.

I guess this was a Youko episode, but it really doesn't feel like she got much screen time. Of course, it reminded me of the Umeko bus scene, but this episode also reminded me of the Abaranger episode where the red guy is trapped with all these captives, so he has to cheer them up. I mean, it seemed like they were going to teach a moral lesson or something at the beginning with Youko not thinking ahead, but it didn't really seem like she learned anything about that. So it confused my expectations a bit.

Preview
Spoiler
I think we'll see the powered-up Megazord again, but I don't think that'll be the heart of next week's episode.
MagiRed
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by MagiRed »

Quick Trivia: The song Youko sang in the train was first sang by Five Yellow from Fiveman.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Speaking of mecha we may not see in a few episodes I'm pretty sure Escape's Evolved Mecha will only be destroyed by Go-Buster King, come on that's uber final boss level mecha right there.

Other than that. The CG in this episode made my eyes sad.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote: I guess this was a Youko episode, but it really doesn't feel like she got much screen time. Of course, it reminded me of the Umeko bus scene, but this episode also reminded me of the Abaranger episode where the red guy is trapped with all these captives, so he has to cheer them up. I mean, it seemed like they were going to teach a moral lesson or something at the beginning with Youko not thinking ahead, but it didn't really seem like she learned anything about that. So it confused my expectations a bit.
Enter wanted data about humans overcoming a desperate situation. Youko didn't think too much to help the studend. Youko got trapped. Youko helped the hostages to overcome a desperate situation. whoops.
Or maybe the lesson was "everyone has weakness, so don't cry when a giant robot kidnap you"
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

a Den-O kind of episode. and J is always rushing to action is kinda crazy. This episode doesn't get me reminded of Umeko at first, but rather Kagami singing the song to Jyuka's classmates in a stopped bus in Kabuto.

What's the name of the new Megazord? we already got Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Epsilon.

edit: sorry, i'm in the middle of assembling my gunpla model, got confused with the naming

Spoiler
oh my, Avatars really need time to enjoy themselves, do they? Escape in a Christmas outfit....... :shock:
Last edited by toni2212 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, good question. According to the TV-Asahi page it's Megazord Zeta. メガゾードζ

Guess I'll add that to the wiki.

>What's the name of the new Megazord? we already got Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Zeta and Epsilon.

Wait what? The fourth one is Delta, not Zeta.
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

The only question I have is that, if Youko couldn't transform while on the Messiah Megazord while it was in what i'm going to assume is some sort of pseudo-subdimension, then why was it that she could transform later after Hiromu and Ryuji broke in? I mean, the megazord went back into the pseudo-subdimension after they broke in so...yeah. The only explanation I could think of would be that she only assumed she couldn't transform because she couldn't communicate with call mode. But other than that, I liked the episode. Can't believe I didn't see the Delta Messiah Megazord [Type Zeta?] coming though.

Spoiler
Escape in black santa dress hnnnnggg
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Me and Mag were wondering about that too. (For me, I was wondering why Ryuuji was able to do a powered morphin inside). After they broke in, the communicators worked, so I guess that means they were free to transform again.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

If a Sentai is a Military or Government task force the rule is, If they can't reach the HQ no transform for them.

Since she was radio jammed she couldn't cue a transformation from HQ.

In SPD if Ban couldn't contact HQ he couldn't get DekaMetal.

I'm sure there's others.

But if this was like Shinkenger, Magiranger, Carranger where their transformations come from magic. Then they can do it anywhere.
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

takenoko wrote:Me and Mag were wondering about that too. (For me, I was wondering why Ryuuji was able to do a powered morphin inside). After they broke in, the communicators worked, so I guess that means they were free to transform again.
yeah but, they only communicated with each other. I chalked that up to them then being in the same place and could therefore communicate with each other but not with the base...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, maybe. But they're obviously in contact with the base after the break in. Ryuuji does a Powered Morphin which means Gorisaki has to be able to transport into the train. Youko also uses a Transport for her weapon inside as well.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”