2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Go-Busters 42 Released

Post by Kuchiri »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:Yeah, maybe. But they're obviously in contact with the base after the break in. Ryuuji does a Powered Morphin which means Gorisaki has to be able to transport into the train. Youko also uses a Transport for her weapon inside as well.
It's a plot hole; it happens. Don't try too hard guys, or you'll just end up spraining your brain. :shock:
Or whenever Youko was trying to contact early on they were in the wormhole with no possible connection.

Then when they stopped the Megazord in the real world it was possible to get the connection again.

Not really a plothole.
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

Kuchiri wrote: Or whenever Youko was trying to contact early on they were in the wormhole with no possible connection.

Then when they stopped the Megazord in the real world it was possible to get the connection again.

Not really a plothole.
yeah but then they go back through the wormhole before they've comfirmed that they've reestablished communication which logically would mean that while they might have communication with each other, they shouldn't have had communication with hq and therefore shouldn't have been able to at least transport/powered morphin. Regular transform is arguable since you never see the suits at any other time except for when they transform so they could be stored as portable data that Hiromu/Ryuuji had. It's not a big plot hole, but it's noticeable enough to question it.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

Um again no. When Youko was taken she was already in the wormhole. When they tried to contact her and she tried to contact them didn't happen.

When they stopped the megazord they were able to contact her again then. While they were stopped. In the abandoned warehouse district where they definitely get six bars of signal. There was never a time they contacted each other while in the Wormhole. The only time they did was after Buster Hercules attacked the Megazord.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

You guys know what... rather than the wormhole being the problem... I'm going to say that it was because when hiromu and ryuji entered the train they left a gaping hole on the visor, which even when transformed allowed some signal to get through, versus when Youko was there alone, because the whole train-space was enclosed. (I was wondering why they could transform too and I guess if i want to calm my brain down that's the only reasonable explanation)
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

Kuchiri wrote:Um again no. When Youko was taken she was already in the wormhole. When they tried to contact her and she tried to contact them didn't happen.

When they stopped the megazord they were able to contact her again then. While they were stopped. In the abandoned warehouse district where they definitely get six bars of signal. There was never a time they contacted each other while in the Wormhole. The only time they did was after Buster Hercules attacked the Megazord.
i'm not disputing any of this. the argument is that Youko shouldn't have been able to transform/powered morphin/transport. why? because it was established that while in the wormhole, she did not have a communication link. the series of events that raises this argument is:

-Youko gets taken. Megazord goes into wormhole. Youko finds out she has no communication.
-Youko induces positive feelings in the passengers causing Megazord to exit wormhole.
-Buster Hercules attacks Megazord. Hiromu and Ryuuji break into the Megazord.
-Megazord escapes from Buster Hercules. Megazord goes into wormhole.

At this point, it's logically assumed communication to HQ are cut again because, as I've said, it was established that while in the wormhole there is no communication to the outside.

-Ryuuji does a powered morphin. Youko then transforms. Meets Ryuuji in the engine car. Youko does a powered morphin and transport.

Again i'm going to emphasize, at this time they are in the wormhole. and again I'm going to say, as it was established at the beginning of the episode, they should not have had communications because they are in the wormhole. so in wormhole = no communication = no transform/powered morphin/transport.

-Youko destroys the train/metaroid/megazord engine causing it to then exit the wormhole.
Fidchell wrote:You guys know what... rather than the wormhole being the problem... I'm going to say that it was because when hiromu and ryuji entered the train they left a gaping hole on the visor, which even when transformed allowed some signal to get through, versus when Youko was there alone, because the whole train-space was enclosed. (I was wondering why they could transform too and I guess if i want to calm my brain down that's the only reasonable explanation)
with all that said, this is probably the most reasonable explanation
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm sad I was so lazy about watching this, but I finally am. I'm at the part where Yoko stops singing and I had to pause for a moment. this is basically what went through my mind as I watched the bit go down.

>oh, joy, there's singing. groan.
>well, maybe when yoko does it, it'll be cu..... is she.... is she really..... holy frak it is!

I was genuinely surprised to see her start singing that, because I will always remember that as the song from
Spoiler
when the Tachikomas made their heroic sacrifice at the end of the second season of Ghost in the Shell.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

So that song wasn't originated from DekaRanger? Huh.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

ReversedSentai wrote:So that song wasn't originated from DekaRanger? Huh.
well, i'm not sure which came first, Deka or that episode of GitS:SAC 2nd Gig, but i think i saw someone in this thread mention it being sung by a sentai yellow from a series well before Deka, so it doesn't matter which was first, as neither was first with the song.

for all i know, it could be a generic, public domain children's song, like itsy-bitsy spider or what have you in the U.S. it's not a song you hear all the time, but you'll also hear it just about anywhere because everyone knows it.

EDIT: according to the description of the video i'll put in the spoiler for reasons, this is a song Japanese children learn in Elementary School.

Spoiler
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:well, i'm not sure which came first, Deka or that episode of GitS:SAC 2nd Gig
26 "IN: Return to Patriotism – ENDLESS∞GIG"
"Yūkoku e no Kikan ENDLESS∞GIG" (憂国への帰還 ENDLESS∞GIG) January 8, 2005

Dekaranger:
Original run February 15, 2004 – February 6, 2005

So, the Deka episode would've come first.
droolboy
Sentai Senshi

Post by droolboy »

It's a really old song called Tenohira wo Taiyou ni (手のひらを太陽に) from the 60s that's been widely covered since that time. :D I believe it was used in the NHK program "Minna no Uta" (the same case for Dango 3-Kyodai and Oshiri Kajiri Mushi?)

I like the Hitomi Shimatani cover quite a bit~
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

droolboy wrote:
It's a really old song called Tenohira wo Taiyou ni (手のひらを太陽に) from the 60s that's been widely covered since that time. :D I believe it was used in the NHK program "Minna no Uta" (the same case for Dango 3-Kyodai and Oshiri Kajiri Mushi?)

I like the Hitomi Shimatani cover quite a bit~
I was trying to find the name of it. thanks. thank to that, I found this.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

It was also used in the first episode of Fiveman.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”