Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 47 released

Post by takenoko »

Oh man, Go-Busters has the most amazing writing in terms of set up and pay off.

Let's think about the twist. The clues are all there if you think about it. How did Enter know about Hiromu's weak point? Well, apparently that's where Enter lives now.

This also explains how Card 4 was restored.

And most importantly, this explains why Enter let Hiromu go in the last episode, despite having the upper hand on him. Oh shit. Thinking about it a bit more. This also explains his sudden revival just before. I guess we dismissed this all as Enter being an avatar thing, but I guess it's safe to assume that both Enter and Escape are mortal without Messiah there (At least, unless they have backups).

So Escape's backup is in Enter. And Enter's backup is in Hiromu. Nice. Plus it's as I thought, Enter was collecting all the data from the Messiah Cards all this time. Maybe he should have did a better job backing up Escape so that she's not constantly repeating herself.

I kind of figured that the kuwagata that Enter used wasn't J's. It just wouldn't have made sense for Enter to have it. Although with the chicken weak point being exposed, I thought there might have been a link there.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Re: Go-Busters 48 released

Post by Magenta »

What's great about the whole thing is that essentially, Enter set everything up so his death was the trigger for endgame. The moment he died, he gets rebooted from inside Hiromu's head, which means he gets to take all the information he wants (like the weak point, etc.) out with him. It's a really clever scheme, because it essentially makes it so you seize the advantage the moment the enemy lets down their guard.

Then Escape went ahead and kinda ruined that a bit, of course, but let's not hate on the amnesiac lady even if she does happen to be lacking any sort of character.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Go-Busters 47 released

Post by takenoko »

Oh, and Enter is so great when he goes "Yeah, I'm the kind of guy who plans ahead." Even in his perfect plan, Enter makes a calculated gamble though. What's to say that Hiromu doesn't shoot himself in the head for the sake of all humanity?

Like all of Enter's tests. He's always pushing Hiromu, seeing how he'll think, what he'll do. How far he'll go. In those terms, it seems like Hiromu would be an odd choice. Hiromu's always been the cold calculating Buster. The one who'll sacrifice what is needed for the good of everyone. He's the one who went "Takeshi, you're wiling to put us in danger for the greater good? Go right ahead!" What if Hiromu really did make the ultimate sacrifice to stop the Vaglass?

Why not Youko or Ryuuji? People will less conviction and more on the line. Ryuuji still has a dream of being an engineer and Youko is young or something.

Enter has revealed his ace trump card(Literally). Your move, Busters.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Knowing the writers, they'll probably come up with a way to separate Hiromu and Enter, but if Hiromu really does sacrifice himself to protect Ryuuji and Youko's dreams, then that would be a really interesting ending.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm getting major Geki vibes off of Enter now. I don't think they can kill him without killing Hiromu...

I do see them pulling a Power Rangers SPD and trapping him in an electronic device

On the episode... very meh. It was mostly filler to set up the big reveal.

I almost face palmed when Lioh said something about maximum chicken input or something like that....
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko wrote:Why not Youko or Ryuuji? People will less conviction and more on the line.
He kinda explain it in the flashback scene (in ep33). He did not understand how can he lost to Hiromu, how can Hiromu's parents sacrifice themselves to destroy Messiah. He wants to understand that "conviction". That's the data he wants to gather. I guess the punch afterwards is when he insert Card #13 into Hiromu.
Kuchiri wrote:I almost face palmed when Lioh said something about maximum chicken input or something like that....
It also detects Ruuji's overheating and Youko running out of energy in ep 36, so why not Hiromu's weak point also?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Yaiba wrote:
Kuchiri wrote:I almost face palmed when Lioh said something about maximum chicken input or something like that....
It also detects Ruuji's overheating and Youko running out of energy in ep 36, so why not Hiromu's weak point also?
I was one of those who never really liked Hiromu's weakpoint. I personally thought they could of made it better, and even Enter comments on how silly it is. It was clearly done for comedic effect for a few episodes and the movie.

The fact that Lioh was also programmed with it... just eh... the chicken scene was bad enough as it was.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Very nice twist. I've been too busy with work to do much more than watch the episode every week, so I thankfully missed out on any chatter about the episode summaries that spoiled the fact that Hiromu was both Enter's back-up and the holder of Card 13. So happy about that, because even though I expected Enter to have something up his sleeve for the finale, I wasn't expecting a twist like that. It really raised the tension for the characters. (Even if they spent so much time doing different close-ups on Hiromu at the end that it bordered on being silly.)

Essentially, we're getting three different climaxes in the series with three different, yet equally (well, to the characters) important stakes: Climax 1 - the battle for hyperspace/the data of the workers and family members transported to the hyperspace; Climax 2 - the battle directly with Messiah for Japan/Earth; and now Climax 3 - the battle with Enter with Hiromu's existence on the line. They could always find some way of removing Enter and the cards from Hiromu, but I think they might go a different route with Hiromu having to accept and assimilate Enter into himself. In that sense, Enter might also achieve his objective, because he would have truly become "human" at that point. (Although arguably not perfect.)

It also gives a lot more meaning to the final scene in episode 44 where Enter rematerialized; Hiromu almost appeared to be toasting him, and they both said Merry Christmas in echo of the other.

I think Enter's gamble did have a cost - he seems to be losing his temper more easily than before. Either the original Messiah is influencing him more than he anticipated, or he's not getting put back together perfectly every time he has to make use of his back-up.

I imagine the target audience enjoyed the chicken scenes more than I did, but they weren't as painful for an older crowd as they could have been. I'm surprised that they've evidently never tested how long it takes to unfreeze Hiromu before this episode. Seems like the sort of thing Kurorin, if not Hiromu himself, would want to know as soon as possible.

I feel bad for Escape - caught in a perpetual loop of being destroyed and reset, all while neither of her "Papas" really care about her. It's ironic that Enter's goal is apparently to become a perfect human, when Escape had already captured a major part of being human in the way she establishes bonds with those around her.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Escape really highlights the plight of badly women female characters in a world of men.

But call me a romantic, but I interpreted Enter completely differently. I think Enter genuinely really liked the original Escape. She was his peer as fellow avatars. The reason he got angry was because he realized that the real Escape was destroyed with Messiah. He may have recreated her, but this one is a dumb empty shell who doesn't think for herself.

In some ways, the new Escape comes off as self-mockery. It's like the writer say "Haha, you thought she had no character before. How do you like her now?!" I genuinely feel sorry for her character. I wanted to like her, but she was never really developed enough to be a good foil for Enter or the Busters. They gave her one catchphrase and now she's stuck repeating it several times an episode.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This is definitely one of the smarter conclusions we've ever come to in a sentai series. Eventually what most series boil down to is "There is bad guy, you keeel him." In this case, I get the feeling that this has been long thought out by Enter and every move was a calculated gamble, not just rampaging around for the hell of it. It's a nice change, and although I don't think this show was the best ever, the plot certainly makes it stand out from the rest of the genre.

Lol chicken reaction
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's just funny to me that J doesn't really care about anything except for his own interests. He's like in his own little world and briefly interacts with the main world before going back to his own world. Oh J, don't ever stop being J. I really feel sorry for Escape and how she was treated throughout the show. It seems like the writers were like "Here, let me show you how bad Escape's character can be. Now you will be begging that you had the old Escape." I guess Escape's backup wasn't performed in regular intervals compared to Enter's backup.

It does setup a nice endgame though.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

I don't necessarily think that Escape is just an empty shell. If you imagine Enter to be Messiah, then Escape's interactions with Enter make a lot of sense. When Escape was first introduced she treated Enter with indifference first, then started to dislike him because Enter seemed to have other plans than to further Messiah's goals. Now that the "new" Escape sees Enter as Messiah, we only see that side of her. Essentially, we are seeing an Escape that never met Enter, as such, she appears to be lifeless. Furthermore, it does appear that the "new" Escape is still capable of forming feelings and thoughts just like the old one. In her battles with Ryuuji she has the same reactions she did when she first fought him, recognizing his strength and setting up a Ryuuji/Escape rivalry for much of the series. It would be nice for her not to get killed every other battle to see if she's really a shell of her former self or just an Escape from episode 22 thrown into episode 47.

As far as Enter gambling with Hiromu, I don't think he is. If the Hiromu we have now was the Hiromu in the beginning of the series, I'm sure Hiromu would've taken his life. Right now though, I don't think he will, or at least, he won't be as willing. Even if he is, J, Jin, Ryuuji, and Youko, Nick, etc. would do everything to stop him. I can only assume this is Enter's logic, otherwise I doubt he makes such a gamble.

The beauty of it all is that there is an argument for Hiromu to not just take his life. I'm sure none of us saw the end of the episode and thought "Enter done goofed, Hiromu is just gonna off himself". I'm sure it was more like "Oh snap, what's Hiromu gonna do?" If we're asking ourselves this question, it means that Enter knows he can win, and it would take something unexpected for him to lose. I would be surprised to see Enter come out and say he took a gamble with this move. I can only assume this is Enter's logic, otherwise I doubt he makes such a gamble.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if the series isn't scripted so that the Go-Busters win, Enter would definitely be the victor.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Enter's pretty damn brilliant. Had I not accidently spoiled myself, I probably would have been surprised.
But I also think him getting human data is going to be his downfall. I mean he's already getting that temper. But that whole anger begets strength thing. It's pretty cool. Usually villains are just angry for the sake of being angry and evil. But Enter's going to actually apply anger to something.
It was interesting to see his response to Escape. Haha I think he misses her.
As for J. I love how they make him so concerned with his own world, but at the same time, I hate it. He still feels like he's just there to be Stag Buster and 'strip' so Jin can become Beet.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I would actually be happy if Hiromu sacrifices himself. But seeing the target audience is little kids, he won't die.
Go-Busters is such a great season, but the target audience wasn't the ideal. Enter's plans were great as well as his looks and its great to see how his character really develops. He seems much more ... polite? (Well he is using the Japanese polite forms towards the Go-Busters) ... or was he always this polite?

I do feel sorry for Escape though. I really liked the original Escape but the backups were kind of adorable too. Going to miss her though...

Oh and J... just be J... love you bot.
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Wait.

What if...

what if this means that...

Enter? can now be stopped...

with CHICKENS?!

THIS IS BEST PLOT TWIST EVER. i don't know if Enter insert another messiah card in Hiromu, but if hiromu still alive, Enter will revive as much as possible. So what if they finally found a way for them to become regular human, without the whole computer stuff embedded in them. Would that even stop enter?

So Enter wants to become a perfect Human, so the question is, what is a exactly a perfect human?

So it seem that Enter is somehow been devolving feelings for escape or the original one. Can't wait to see how that turns out in the future.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”