< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Re: KR Fourze Movie released

Post by FangTrigger »

While a good movie, Everyone Say Space Kitaa! isn't in my #1 Kamen Rider Movie spot. It's more like #3 (#1 being Missing Ace and #2 being Paradise Lost.)

Out of suit fight scenes were amazing, especially towards the end when Genatro is fighting the Dustards. The emotion was just poruing out of him.

While not my favorite color scheme, Fusion States is in my top list for Kamen Rider fighting styles. I think it would've been better receieved if they made it so it was Cosmic States Blue and Meteor Storm Yellow instead of Purple and Yellow.

Infinite Bullet Gun. Wish I owned one.

Black Knight had one epic costume. Shame he didn't get a voice though, which is strange considering that his siblings had one. Bike fight between him and Fourze was epic as well.

There were some plot holes when it came to the Apostles. When the movie came out, only 10 of the 12 were known (in suit form at least), so how come they didn't even attempt to identify Pisces and Sagittarius? EDIT: This movie occurred between episodes 44 and 45, and came out in Japanese theaters the same day as episode 45, so although Sagittarius wasn't revealed to the Rider Club yet, Pisces was. Also, when the trade went down, Gamou gave Foundation X twelve switches, which were stolen by Inga Blank. How was it that Leo and Libra were able to transform then?

Miu's 'oops' got on my nerves for some reason. Don't know why now, but they did.

I love how JK told Shun that 'his line raised the suicide flag.' Kinda felt like a bit of 4th wall breakage there.

While Wizard's appearance was grand and showy, his character kinda rubbed me the wrong way. He was far too cocky for my liking and that really irritated me. It was funny though, hearing Meteor tell him to not take the Kamen Rider name lightly, even though he did the same thing when he first appeared in OOO and W's movie.

Extra PowerDizer suits were pretty much there for Toy Sales. Best way to describe it.

Did they ever use JK's real name in Fourze? I think this is my first time hearing it.

PH brought up a good point about how come no one questioned Shizuka on knowing everyone, especially Ryuusei. I expected him to be the first one to ask questions.

My only major gripe about the film would be the final fight between the Kyodain and Fourze. That just felt like a waste of money to me, especially with their "fusion." I kinda expected more than that moving jet platform thing. I get that it was a nod to Space Ironmen Kyodain, but it just wasn't needed. I would've been fine with Fourze just kicking their asses on the moon.

All in all, it was a great movie, with few plot holes and good branching. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who would be interested.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

My only complaint is the Zodiart switches at the start and Leo and Libra being able to transform.

They used JK's Real name like twice I think.

Since W new Kamen Riders have to be told they are Kamen Riders, usually by other Kamen Riders. I don't even think OOOs knew he was a Kamen Rider until W told him. Fourze found out through Tomoko.

PowerDizer suits are apparently Space Tech for Fourze. The original OSTO probably created the Yellow one we all know and many others. XVII probably had dozens on the ship.

I like Meteor Fusion States. I think the reason why Fourze was mimicking Meteor's Mannerisms was because it's Gentarou. He heard his new form had Meteor's Abilities and he went with the Meteor motif. If he ever got a W Fusion switch he would try to mimic Phillip and Shou the same way.
zombierave
Adventure
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

I'm not the biggest fan of Fourze, but this was a good movie. Totally didn't see the Skydain reveal coming. Loved black knight's movements. As for the extra Powerdizers...I do find it a little awkward. I mean, if it's a fully automated instillation with no other humans present, then why the need for piloted exo suits which have been militarized no less. Suddenly adopting Ryuusei's mannerisms and style after fusion was questionable. Speaking of the fuision, also thought the suit's color combination was rather ugly. But the one scene that really bothered me, and in general bothers me in KR movies, was the bike chase with Mikie. Unless I missed it, she didn't go off a ramp to launch herself into the air and as a normal human, I'm sure she can't just force the bike into the air either.

But yeah, fun movie. Fights were pretty cool. Funny bits were chuckle worthy. And Mikie was super sexy. Can't really ask for much more in a toku movie.
Dengar wrote:...Of course Wizard doesn't know about Kamen Riders... Why are people surprised about this?
I also wonder why people are surprised. Since the only interaction with Riders he's had are with other magic users barring this movie, then for all Wizard knows, all Kamen Riders are some sort of transforming magic user. Like in Super Hero Taisen when Gentarou first thought Marvelous was some other Rider since he had no knowledge of Sentai.
Kuchiri wrote: Since W new Kamen Riders have to be told they are Kamen Riders, usually by other Kamen Riders. I don't even think OOOs knew he was a Kamen Rider until W told him. .
OOO refered to himself as a rider when they first met in A to Z.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i have mentioned it before, but i have to wonder, what did they tell the parents before they went to a secret base to do some space training to stop a super weapon of mass destruction? or do the parents have any idea what their childrens are doing? altough...
Yuki: Dad! i'm going to space to fight a giant satellite weapon machine!
Doctor Maki: Take lot of pictures!

Edit: now that i have watched the movie to the end:

I liked the horoscopes fight scene. it wasn't just fourze and meteor curbsotmping them, they actually had trouble with so many, and it's always nice to see the switches used in a creativ eway.
About the horoscopes, they called them "Dummies", so my theory is that they are not the real switches but special switches designed to summon fake horoscopes, like elite dustards. And it's always nice to see the foundation. having them as a recurring theme gives some depth to this world.

Fourze not doing the handshake with wizard? THIS MOVIE IS RUINED!!!!
also, genta, you are not a "secret hero" when half of the school knows you are fourze...and why is his existence supposed to be a secret, again? his identity, i can get that, but why does he need to "fight in secret"?

i was actually surprised by the twist.

Meteor and Fourze defeated by the villains greatest weapon...off-screen fight scene.

SPAAAAAAAAAAACE!(sorry, had to)

so.........a giant transformer mech with the power to destroy a country(or at least that's what the villains imply) was just orbiting earth doing nothing...just saying, Gokaired was lucky that his overcomplicated plan to save super sentai and riders wasn't ruined by the giant superweapon orbiting earth.

goodbye, giant robot, we have to justify never using you in future movies!

Kingdizer, Queendizer and Jkdizer, cool idea.

wait, if you only need cosmic energy to create dustards...why don't fourze and meteor create some of their own?

goodbye Black Knight, you were completely useless to the story besides making everyone think you are one of the bad guys

Genta handshaking a giant robot, now that's awesome

"i can't believe Gentarou befriended a machine" yeah, i think "romancing a space slimegirl" is more impresive.

"you can't befirend a machine!" oh look, you are making Wall-E cry! on the other hand, i find it interesting that this movie was premiered while go-busters was on-air. i mean, i think it makes a nice contrast.

overall, i liked the movie.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You guys have bad memories of recalling stuff because Sagittarius kicked both Fourze and Meteor's asses in episode 42 and Pisces show up in episode 45. I'm going to say that the 12 Horoscopes that Foundation X would have gotten are just mere copies and not the real ones.
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

Just one thing, I love how Ayumi Kinoshita seems to be in everything these days. XD
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Overall I really liked this movie. Lots of action, all the characters are pretty involved in the plot, and a surprise villain twist.

One bit of continuity has been bothering me, though. Ryusei acted several times towards the beginning like he still couldn't transform in front of Zodiarts. However, since Virgo isn't there, can we assume this is after Virgo was killed and, consequently, after Ryusei transformed in front of Sagittarius? If this is the case, he's actually already been freely transforming in front of Zodiarts for a few episodes prior to the movie.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the movie continuities are always a bit shaky at best. The problem is the movies are filmed way before these episodes air, so they're never super careful about making them line up perfectly. All you can really do is hand wave them away.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

It was a pretty fun movie.
Why does Miu say "oops" so much? I never understood why she was given that verbal tick. And it only makes sense some of the time.
The training montage to go into space was nice. JK trying not to do anything, Shun trying to impress Miu. Kengo's got skills wish he could have shown them off in the series. Maybe it's got something to do with his actor trying out to be a Rider at one point.
The fight against the 12 Horoscopes was intense. The music was high energy too. He used all the switches, if I recall correctly. Kinda like on the last episode, but this was handled much better to me.
My mans Wizard!!! Loved that cameo. So he was flashy back then too. I'm really liking whoever made that call with his style.
Ryuusei cooler than I remember. I remember hating him in the series for quite some time. Maybe cause his whole attitude before revealing who he was really was, pissed me off.
The font for the Kyoudain, I like a lot. I dunno why, but that futuristic kinda text just called out to me, like, "hey I'm awesome"
That orchestra version of Switch On makes the Switch scenes that much better for me. I think it was pretty cool how only his close friends had the States Change switches. I would have liked it if Switch On played right after everyone pressed the Switches. Seems like it'd make sense.
I actually did like the way Meteor Fusion States looked. Wasn't bad.
As for best, I still think my favorite is A to Z, or the Accel Movie.
swb90
Go Go!

Post by swb90 »

takenoko wrote: >Why was Powerdizer in the satellite, let alone two extra Powerdizers for Miu and JK?

Yeah, that was pulled out of the ass XD Do we even see them fight in them? I don't remember. I guess Miu must be a lot stronger now since she can operate one of those things without pulling a Kengo
Correct me if im wrong, but during the boarding scene, they did load the "King"dizer onto the shuttle. And since the shuttle crash-landed on the satellite, perhaps that's how they had access to it.
I would assume that "Queen"dizer and "JK"dizer were provided by the baddies...you know...as a form of making it more believable that they were the good guys~

Oh...and Inga Blink is HAWT!!!!!
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

The awesomeness of this movie can be (imo) highlighted with only one line from it.
"I'm the man who will befriend satellite weapons." ... mainly because he did by the end of it. :D
Lovin' it.
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
Aeikozz
Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

About the horoscope switches didn't he design them in the first place.

So if he was hard up for cash why not make a weaker set of them for somebody and sell them anyways.

He is running a school, those things can dry up any real type of bank account quick.

Since he received a check I'd go as far as he pretty much trust this foundation X and they may have even gotten other earlier types of the switches before. I be damned if I'd take a check from someone I didn't trust. CASH BITCH CASH.

I think that pretty much fills that plot hole. I really didn't have that much of a problem with it.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Groundain and Skydain are terrible at murdering fleshy meatbags. The Kamen Rider Club is spending probably half an hour or more running around Amanogawa High handing out thematically appropriate Switches to recurring characters, meanwhile Gentarou and Ryuusei are being ground into a thin, bloody paste onboard XVII.

I was pretty glad when the Chairman stepped up to flick a Switch. He's such a softie for Fourze. :3
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

I'm sorry, but I feel like I'm the only person here who downright HATED this movie! I really liked Fourze, but I felt that this movie does NOT do it justice!

First, way too many action scenes. This is a major problem because, though these scenes are entertaining, it allows for NO time to build characters, or to really care about the events going on. I didn't give a crap when we found out about Inga's father or her past because they give us time to build her character.

Second, stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID premise! Why immediately turn to the Kamen Rider Club? Hell, HOW DO YOU KNOW THE KAMEN RIDER CLUB?! None of it is ever explained. Also,
Spoiler
If they wanted to destroy Earth with XVII, then why go to the Kamen Rider Club, the only people on the planet who COULD defeat you? Just hire some Army-dudes, then dispatch of them later!
Also, I know Gentarou wants to be friends with everyone, but a SPACE STATION?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You can't be friends with machines, sentient or non-sentient! It's SO stupid!

Third, predictable and weak plot twist.
Spoiler
If you didn't see this plot twist coming a mile away, ever since the moment that the founder of that organization said you can't be friends with a machine, it basically gives away that he and that girl are Groundain and Skydain. It was so predictable and weak.

Fourth, the entirety of the battle against the Twelve Apostles. I know they are just dummies made of energy, but Pices wasn't even in the show at that point, so they would have no experience with it! Not only that, but they aren't even shocked that it's all twelve, and even the harder ones, like Sagittarius, they have NO problem with! It makes NO sense! And then Wizard's cameo is just tossed aside and out of nowhere, which pissed me off.

Fifth, world's most boring climax. I HATE all CGI climaxes. This is no exception, considering the ESPECIALLY bad CGI in this movie. The show has an excuse on being on the budget of $2, but there is no excuse here. This climax is BORING AS HELL! The finishing blow is boring and disappointing, and Meteor Fusion States wasn't all it cracked up to be, especially with all that buildup to it with the 40 switches, which was a stupid and cheesy scene.

Overall, if you couldn't tell, I really didn't like it. Disagree all you want, but that is just what I thought of it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I actually think all your points are really fair (although I didn't see the plot twist until it was right before the big reveal).

But I still liked the movie despite those flaws.

Actually I heard this line recently that I think is relevant. "Action scenes aren't just about the fighting. They're also about motivations." Like the really good fight scenes are the ones where there's a strong connection between the two opponents. Fourze and Meteor mowing down the 12 Apostle dummies is going to feel empty because they're just fighting goons in boss gear. There's no consequence or suspense, since they pose no challenge, despite supposedly being as strong as the 12 top guys in the TV series.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”