Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Re: Go-Busters 48 released

Post by Kilowog »

takenoko wrote:Okay, it's really 48 this time.

Haha, Enter has such a nice smile. I liked that his response to the Busters questions was to just laugh at them.

Poor Escape. She just felt like a distraction to the epic Enter/Hiromu fight.

But what a fight! It's so great since it's also a very personal duel between two characters who have a lot of stake in it.

And the cliffhanger this time did not disappoint. It's amazing that they're still escalating things and filling it with surprises, even at the end.

I hear people often say "Well, Go-Busters is good, but it's not the best thing ever..." Well, maybe I'm starting to think that Go-Busters is my favorite Sentai series. I mean, it's pretty hard to find a story with this level of world building. Plus the plot development is actually full of genuine surprises. And it's a little dark too. Let's not forget that these heroes basically sacrificed their parents for the good of the world.

It's funny since at the beginning, I was annoyed by the "Let's morphin" and the audacious, fake sunglasses stuff. And while that stuff still feels like it's supposed to be cool in a cheap way, it's not what's important in the series. Underneath that shallow aspect is a hearty world full of interesting characters and plots.

I'm in total agreement on this as well, especially with the last two paragraphs here.

It bugs me when people don't give things a chance after watching a few episodes of something because along the way of a series it turns out to be pretty good. Yea, sometimes it may turn out to be bad or half way decent but it's a matter of ones personal opinions, provided one watches it through to the end I think.

A good example; When I first saw previous for Go-Onger it didn't seem appealing to me at all but I powered on through it anyways just for the sake of watching a sentai series since I'm a fan anyways, heh. Oddly enough, I ended up enjoying it and it's decent to re-watch even though it is not one of my favorites.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, Go-Onger is a classic example of a silly series that turned out to be pretty good. It's just so hearty and all the characters are so endearing.

Like I can't help but look at pictures of the cast and not remember something that I liked about each of them
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category:E ... i_Go-Onger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I was not expecting half the things that happened in this episode. Very dark tone and talking about suicide and self-sacrifice. You just know that Enter has had this all planned out since the beginning of the show. Everything has been leading up to this climax, which I have to say, is kinda a first. Most of the time you get the villains making a desperate final plan around episode 40 or so, but in this case you can tell this has been prepared the whole time. I think this is honestly one of the most shocking and climactic final episodes I've ever seen.

And to paraphrase the Muppets - "I thought this was supposed to be a kid's show!"
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

This episode was just awesome.
Yes I was one of the people who decided to watch Go-Busters because of the GokaiGobus Movie... then suddenly before I knew it I watched Go-Busters because of the show itself (and my ships... oh and Ryuuji x Escape... I'm actually writing a fanfic about Ryuuji meeting an Escape look alike XP). I remember everyone's doubts on the main writer being from Kamen Rider OOO but who would have thought that this Sentai would be awesome if not BETTER than its predecessor based on character dynamics, villain dynamics (well of course since the Zangyack were pretty much awful as villains anyway) and plot.

For the episode itself, I shall miss Escape. She didn't need to go through this at all, her face when she introduces "Gog and Magog" just shows how corrupted she has become as data. I also love her laugh even more now... I did expect her to twice.

Everyone else has said what I wanted to say about Enter and Hiromu so I'll just leave it there. I still wonder why Hiromu is the "Red" of the group but as a character you can see how much he has grown.

Preview
Spoiler
Man that design is awesome
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Lunagel wrote:
And to paraphrase the Muppets - "I thought this was supposed to be a kid's show!"
I've been saying this for weeks now, but it was never more relevant than this episode. XD
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

DREWdesu wrote:This episode was just awesome.
Yes I was one of the people who decided to watch Go-Busters because of the GokaiGobus Movie... then suddenly before I knew it I watched Go-Busters because of the show itself (and my ships... oh and Ryuuji x Escape... I'm actually writing a fanfic about Ryuuji meeting an Escape look alike XP). I remember everyone's doubts on the main writer being from Kamen Rider OOO but who would have thought that this Sentai would be awesome if not BETTER than its predecessor based on character dynamics, villain dynamics (well of course since the Zangyack were pretty much awful as villains anyway) and plot.

For the episode itself, I shall miss Escape. She didn't need to go through this at all, her face when she introduces "Gog and Magog" just shows how corrupted she has become as data. I also love her laugh even more now... I did expect her to twice.

Everyone else has said what I wanted to say about Enter and Hiromu so I'll just leave it there. I still wonder why Hiromu is the "Red" of the group but as a character you can see how much he has grown.

Preview
Spoiler
Man that design is awesome
why would people have doubts about the writer being from OOO? OOO was awesome. and she's also the writer of Ryuki, Den-O, Timeranger, and Shinkenger. at least any one of those should be good enough to settle doubts.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:
DREWdesu wrote: I remember everyone's doubts on the main writer being from Kamen Rider OOO but who would have thought that this Sentai would be awesome if not BETTER than its predecessor based on character dynamics, villain dynamics (well of course since the Zangyack were pretty much awful as villains anyway) and plot.
why would people have doubts about the writer being from OOO? OOO was awesome. and she's also the writer of Ryuki, Den-O, Timeranger, and Shinkenger. at least any one of those should be good enough to settle doubts.
I was just about to say something about this. I remember plenty of doubts about Go-Busters at first (mostly mocking the Weak Points and disparaging the BuddyRoids) but I don't remember anyone ever having anything bad to say about Kobayashi. I think she's wonderful, she was the head writer on my favorite Kamen Rider series (Den-O) AND my husband's favorite (OOO), and we both love Shinkenger.

The main thing about Kobayashi is there are some definite themes that she reuses. Personally I think she's got an incredible penchant for balancing incredibly serious, often 'dark' shows, with just enough seasoning of silliness to snag a laugh from me when I least expect it. The exception that proves this rule is during the final ten-or-so episodes of any of the series I've seen that she was head writer on. All bets are off come the finale.

She also has a tendency to always catch me off guard. I never know what to expect from the finale, and that's one of the things I'm so excited about in regards to Go-Busters. I have absolutely no theories or ideas about what's going to happen in the next two episodes, but I can't wait to find out. :D
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:why would people have doubts about the writer being from OOO? OOO was awesome. and she's also the writer of Ryuki, Den-O, Timeranger, and Shinkenger. at least any one of those should be good enough to settle doubts.
I know one of my problems (mostly happened with OOO and Shinken; Ginga and Ryuki don't have it and I haven't finished Time yet) is that they all had a problem where they stagnated during certain parts, usually in the 30s; I know most toku shows do have padding during that point but, it never feels quite as obvious as in the first two shows I mentioned.

She's a decent writer regardless but, it's still a gripe I have.

Also, Blade spoilers but, I couldn't resist tossing this together:
Spoiler
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Go-Buster's is coming to a close. Went by kinda quick. I'm gonna try to rewatch as much as I can, have all the information fresh for the finale.
But this was a good episode. Like Ryuuji said, Escape going through all the stuff even though she was just an avatar, was kinda sad. When she was going around collecting animals, at first I was like what the fuck..but then she had that dog's coat over her shoulder and then I was like ESCAPE KILLED THAT DOG! But then they mentioned her fusing with them so it was like, oh, she's crazy but not that crazy. lol.
With Hiromu's attitude I sort of thought he would turn to suicide. However I didn't expect it to be so early or turn out the way it did. I was expecting this episode to be more fighting and then realize that suicide might be the only answer and then him doing it later. But the card wouldn't even let him die. That's interesting. Looking forward to the conclusion of Go-Busters(in a good way of course.)
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Damn, I really wanted for Hiromu plan to work. I mean that ending would have been perfect. I mean it just like Enter have said. A truly lovers ending.

I bet Jin is the only who see the real problem when he was working out the problem with the card. I can totally see that as a im myself as a programmer.

I can almost see Escape becoming a drug addict if she obsorm some more animals data into her. Still I love the chemistry between Blue and Escape even during her death, I beleive Ryuusi either develop feelings for her or feel pity for her. Well I let the fandom decide on this one here.
Prediction
Spoiler
Well if Enter keeps on gathering data on Hiromu, then eventually he himself would develop the same weakness as hiromu wouldn't he?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: She's a decent writer regardless but, it's still a gripe I have.
My gripe is that if it wasn't for the fact I was considering Nick as the 'Second Red' since she writes two red main characters. I would have called the twist ending of this episode a long time ago.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

Spoiler
Enter will become Shark Buster??
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

having finally seen the episode, DAMN do I love this series. It was always pretty much set to be one of my fave sentai series from day one, but now it's not, kinda. I have all my fave sentai series off to one side, and then I have this as a series I love that just happens to be sentai.

also, anyone else mildly amused by how the giant robot fight ended up with two mostly purple mechs with a mostly gold face on their chest?

preview:
Spoiler
I LOVE enters evil red design, but I'm a mite bit confused why the marking on his goggles swaps sides on the helmet.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Kuchiri wrote:I actually completely forgot about the Gavan episodes....
Everyone did, or tried very hard to. :|
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Here's what I don't get: Escape's back up was from some time before she first appeared on the show, right?

Then why did she still have her armored form after being rebooted? She got that later.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”