Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Go-Busters 48 released

Post by takenoko »

I think the implication from this episode is that Enter has been trying to reconstruct her, but she just ends up being more messed up each time.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Maybe. But if he had that kind of control over her code, why couldn't he recreate her personality like he wanted to? He recreated her armor from nothing, right?

I know, I know... repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax. It can be written off as Enter's doing, I guess, but it still kind of bugs me.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Anyone else catch the subtext during that scene with the jenga blocks? J's watching the explanation up until the point when Jin loses his cool and knocks the stack over. After that, he turns towards the wall and goes statue for the rest of the scene. I'm sensing some unspoken meanings, there.
I think part of that reaction may have been due to Jin's situation. The card in Hiromu is the only thing left that has Jin's missing data, I believe. I think the transport process they were working on would end up destroying that Messiah card, and so also destroy Jin's data.

Also, Enter is awesome. He was awesome since this series started, and he's pretty much the sole reason I continued watching the series after the first few episodes (Escape helped too, I'll admit). The show has improved a good bit since the beginning, but for me Enter has been the best part of it.

Spoiler
And I want a Figuart toy of Dark RedBuster. If one gets released, I am so buying it.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

For a series that keeps being a lot of awful filler episode, this turned out kinda plot heavy for me.. But can't complain, it seems to be good for a finale setup.

So it's goodbye to Miss Hot-Avatar Escape. It's been a pleasure viewing you throughout the series. Although I kinda hoped that you would do a dramatic battle with Ryuuji for the last time before being destroyed.

Is Jin still hiding something? He hides the truth about their parents in subdimension. The way he knocks the jenga seems like he knows the trick is gonna fail altogether. Not to mention J seems frustrated too (maybe he knows Hiromu's problem is similar to Jin's)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

To tbuster's thing, it's probably a lot harder to create a personality than to just put some armor on a person. To put it in real life terms, computers can process a lot more data than humans, but there still aren't computers who are conscious.

I was talking to Mag about the Jin thing. I assumed he was just exasperated since getting that card would mean he could save himself. But at the same time, that selfish reason might mean sacrificing Hiromu or doing him some harm.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:
preview:
Spoiler
I LOVE enters evil red design, but I'm a mite bit confused why the marking on his goggles swaps sides on the helmet.
Spoiler
It doesn't really. Technically the design 'swapped' when he came back after Christmas, but if you look carefully they just have his goggles on upside down so the design still shows despite his new hairstyle. It swaps back to the left side when he goes into kaijin form as well, so it makes sense that Dark Red Buster's design would also be on the left side.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

butyoumight wrote:
Conan_Edogawa wrote:
preview:
Spoiler
I LOVE enters evil red design, but I'm a mite bit confused why the marking on his goggles swaps sides on the helmet.
Spoiler
It doesn't really. Technically the design 'swapped' when he came back after Christmas, but if you look carefully they just have his goggles on upside down so the design still shows despite his new hairstyle. It swaps back to the left side when he goes into kaijin form as well, so it makes sense that Dark Red Buster's design would also be on the left side.
oh, right. silly me.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Wow, Hiromu really had suicide in mind when he tried to heat himself up with Enter. This is what I like about this kind of shows in general from Japan. They touch upon these issues and conflicts and it makes you really root for them. Sucks that Enter keeps getting stronger and stronger with each revival. Reminds me of Dragon Ball Z there. Lol...But yeah, I guess this episode was the end of Escape. She went out in a depressing way. Felt sorry for her.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

chronoxiong wrote: This is what I like about this kind of shows in general from Japan.
because you believed i would stop just because it was ending:
Spoiler
power rangers did it!

ahem, sorry about that. I think this is actually common in western works as well.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

locuas wrote:
chronoxiong wrote: This is what I like about this kind of shows in general from Japan.
because you believed i would stop just because it was ending:
Spoiler
power rangers did it!

ahem, sorry about that. I think this is actually common in western works as well.
I mean, for kids shows. I don't remember seeing them that much. If they do happen often, then my mistake.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I agree with Takenoko, it took me some time but I realized that this is actually the best sentai I've seen.

You can easily forget that it's a kid show when you see Horomu trying to self-sacrifice burning alive and Enter's answer to that (he just laughed in his face, again). And Escape well... she's batshit insane.

The problem was 'enduring' the first episodes full of banana missiles etc., but without the silly things I doubt that this would pass as a kids show given all the serious stuff.

If they did a standard prime time sci-fi serial with the same plot, it would have worked perfectly.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I didn't even have a problem with the silly stuff, I just thought the characters weren't very likable at first, except maybe Enter.

Maybe that was intentional. Maybe they wanted us to like them more as the series progressed, because I don't dislike any of them now.

I'm not sure when the change happened for me. It might have been the arrival of Jin and J. All I know is, Akibaranger didn't leave a void when it ended, I liked Go-Busters by then.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Uhh, my mind just exploded.

Watching ep 45 to 48 in two days and just wow...
Am I alone in thinking by making Enter's face morphing into Red Buster's face briefly is very creepy?

Still not big fan of Yellow Buster, but because of Blue Buster and some eps, she's at least tolerable. But I really enjoyed fact that they decided to stick to human looking villains for this series. I am glad they picked that actor for Enter. It's so fun watching his reactions to anything.

I really enjoy Escape and Enter, it's like they are villains with deeper meaning behind them. Kinda bring out my sympathy for them even though they are bad guys.

Glad that they made battles seemingly so epic for Go Busters series. I love that.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Enter really is a fantastic villain. Sure we've had the likes of Juzo in Shinkenger or Ryuon in Boukenger having these great rivalries with the reds, but I think this is the first time I've seen such thorough planning and payoff for a longstanding rivalry. Definitely excited for the finale :D
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

Judging from this episode I'm guessing the final episode/s are going to be chock full of overwhelming info.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”