Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Go-Busters 50 (Final Mission) released

Post by locuas »

EndlessWaltz24 wrote: I think you needed that with Kuroki for like 15-30 seconds and it would've been fine. You don't need them to be actually mourning as you need someone to say "hey, thanks for sacrificing yourself."
He did, he had a few moments
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

I would dispute that only because it happened before he "knew" knew versus "gut-feeling" knew, but that's just nitpicking

Also, considering that the main writer was also the main writer for Den-O, I find it extra surprising knowing that she didn't end it like Den-O.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

dancercotillion wrote:Congratulations, Youko, you got into high school!

But you're years behind everyone else in club activities and extracurriculars on top of being a poor student; Go-Busting is probably still classified to protect their civilian lives, so good luck getting into a good college with those transcripts. Looks like someone's going to be OL Youko-tan for the rest of her life~
She just needs to past entrance exam for college in Japan. Also she probably wouldn't be an OL with her skills in combat.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote: I just have to say I'm not overwhelmed or underwhelmed with this series.....it was just "there".
I have to agree with you. The show was "OK" and probably the problem was that it was just the same that we saw in previous years all over again with a few tweaks here an there but way too similar to previous ones. The serious /dark ambiance of the show was the best and I was saying that I missed darkest stories this one in the Kamen Rider universe! like Ryuki and Kabuto when important characters died. Kamen Rider really need to get a more serious / dark story soon.

Overall the series did a good job!

My Go Buster Mini Review :P
Cool Red Character? Yes! (Not as cool as Marvelous but anything is better than another Alata)
Good Villains? Yes! (Enter was original and cool! and Escape was just another crazy bitch but decent)
Cool Mechas? Yes!(3 and very cool)
Cute/Hot girls? Yes! (Youko, Escape, Hiromu's sister)
Good story? Yes! (not original but dark)
Cool Additional Sentai? Yes! Jin was cool and J well... I have to say that I don't like this new idea AI/Robot members like Gosei Knight and J just too save some money in an additional actor but I hope we don't get more robot members :S.

I put this show after Gekiranger, Magiranger and Gokaiger which are so far my 3 favorites!.

The sad part of all is that I read that Go Buster was considered too dark in Japan and that was the reason it was not too popular and than they are going to make the next season even more "kiddie" to avoid the same results ¬.¬U

Anyway thanks one more time for another excellent job with this series and I have follow this group since Gekiranger and never stop watching super sentai every single week :)

Thanks TV Nihon!
Final Vent!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Man of few words be I

[18:37:00] <&XIII> such a great end to go-busters
[18:38:06] <&XIII> go-busters as a whole was good, kinda went along the lines of Blade in that it took a while to get going and then had a great end with the ultimate sacrifice

One of the more enjoyable series for me, had everything it needed and this ep just summed up what good writting can be like and can generate a very satisfying end
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I'm glad that they ended go busters so well and it'll be good to see them team up with the gokaigers in the near future, but i do have to admit i actually thought Jin was going to survive based off him using jenga blocks and realized that it'd be easier for him to get the card out of hiromu do to him having more open space but I'm kinda glad they didn't use that logic as it took away from the moment though i do agree that the ending credits needed to be a bit longer and that the megazord battle was either unnessacary or should have been done different, like revealing he had one more back up namely the megazord which would have actually given them a reason to have done the fight and given him a reason to have made an external megazord rather than merely improve upon himself. also i have to admit with the exception of buster hercules i didn't really care for the busters robots to much scrambled up parts though it did remind me of dairanger it's just that when dairanger did it they had the other four combine around ryuseioh into a good looking set of armor.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
xenoss
Adventure

Post by xenoss »

About mourning Jin, I think the way they did it is pretty much what I expect a Japanese show to do. Jin sacrificed to give them the world, and they honor him by living it fully.

Having said that, I think something subtle would be nice. For example, show an empty seat and tea set at the party, and have may be Hiromu or Ryuji steal a glance and do a smile, you know the type...

But the way they ended without much mourning, I think works fine for me too.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Very fitting end to this show. Liked the special effects (especially the breaking down of the subdimension) and action sequences in this one. Sucks that Jin had to be sacrificed though. I really wished there was a longer epilogue though. We got that for the last few seasons. Oh yeah, I kinda wish the team members did more for their roll call too but it's all good. I will miss this show.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Seems I'm late to the party.
Farewell Go-Busters. It was a fun. It's special to me, in a way, because it's the 1st series that I've watched from TV-Nihon from mostly the start(Got into it around the time the 8th episode started.) I liked it. And it did feel different compared to the Sentai I've seen(Shinkenger-Gokaiger) but that was good. I enjoyed it more than Goseiger by far, and bit more than Gokaiger. My complaints with this show are basically petty and personal. I wished there was another girl on the team, just cause. And J, sometimes I wished he wasn't just a Buddyroid. All in all I enjoyed the series quite a bit.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

So long Go-Busters, until we meet again in Go-Buster vs Gokaiger. Have to agree with the point of no mourning scene. The epilogue kinda happened long after the final battle (you can calculate it by the time Youko admitted to high school AND graduated), overall things must move on even off-screen.

I just checked the other pages, and it kinda disappointing that the 3 main Go-Busters has a cracked visor scene while Jin hasn't (J didn't need to, we know there's no face there), considering in the pages we can see Hiroya Matsumoto wearing the BeetBuster suit in full. Talk about being letdown. :(

Wait, isn't Hiromu's dad long dead when they finished Messiah? How come he still there?

Okay, looking for Kyoryuuger next. Thanks Tv-Nihon! Looking forward to your work in this show.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

The cast has come a long way in terms of acting. The scene with Jin was powerful. I know he is gone but I cant help wonder how they will bring him back for the vs movie. It was not a surprise really seeing they had set it up for Jin to be the sacrifice. What was Hiromu doing before he joined the GoBusters officially? Enter will go down as one of the best villians in history. The actor is superb! The tones of his voice when he was furious and when he admitted defeat...pure awesomeness. I hope the actors comes back again in some other show..preferably a KR one.

Thank you TVN for yet another fantastic sentai sub and karaoke. Looking forward to the next one! :D
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>What was Hiromu doing before he joined the GoBusters officially?

We don't really know. We just have the flashbacks to when he joined the street performer club. Other than that, I guess he was a big anti-social nerd who spent all his time thinking about how to defeat the Vaglass. Oh, and hanging out with his sister who tried to thwart his goals.
Kaheraji
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kaheraji »

According to this: http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/go-bus/story/index.html, which I ran through Google Translate, because I can't read Japanese, the total Kobayashi count for Go-Busters was 36 of 50.

Not quite the 42 of 49 she did for Shinkenger, but similar to the 38 of 48 she did for Kamen Rider OOO.

I'm... kind of a fan. :oops:

At the end, I loved this episode and I loved this series. I think, though, Kobayashi had to sacrifice her original plans for the show to try to appease Toei to attract better TV ratings.

Thanks for subbing it and releasing.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You could have gone to our wiki instead since we listed the writer and director for each episode. Just go to the Go-Buster main page and scroll down to the Chronology table.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

takenoko wrote:Did you mean the Command Center staff? That would have been hard to do since we don't really get a feel for their personal lives beyond Morishita being good at math. Or was that Nakamura?
I guess, but even if knowing what the staff was going to do now wasn't necessary, they still rushed everything else.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”