DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Series 3

Post by DaVinci030 »

So this is the NEW Garo Series. Yami wo Terasu!

I haven't watch the recent GARO series. Sooooo happy to say that the actor of GokaiSilver, Ikeda Junya plays the "secondary role?" of the new GARO series.

I'm happy for that and do your best SUBBING So I can watch GARO and I wanna see both main cast. hahahah

and by the way, Ikeda Junya also reprises his role as GokaiSilver in Super Hero Taisen Z. So I can hardly watch the movie in the release date October 2013. YEAH!!!

JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Interesting to see Zaruba in this alongside the new Garo. I guess it could be a different Zaruba but I don't see them going that route. So I can't help but wonder what's going to happen to Kouga in the new movie to explain having Zaruba transferred over to the new guy.

Also, an archer Knight? Yes, I'll have me some more of that please! Since Garo fights tend to be all about the close-quarters combat, it'll be interesting to see how a bow and arrow guy does things.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

How many episodes do you think is going to have this season? Because, if there are 26, they'll have to broadcast them in summer (what I think that means low rates) or cut the season and continue with it in September-October.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well, Garo 1 was 18 episodes and Garo 2 was 20 so probably not 26.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Actually, both Garo 1 and Makai Senki have 25 episodes each, so it's quite possible.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W

Post by Doguso »

Both seasons were 25 episodes (24 if you don't count the recap episodes..) and I know Makai Senki aired during the fall, so why would this be any different?

Garo seems to be a popular series, even in Japan. I mean.. they brought the series back after 6 years, and are already making their second movie/series since the revival! After like 1, 2 years. I'm sure Garo will do just fine.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Oh! I love the first 2 series and I hope this one is as cool as the other 2.
Final Vent!
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I don't really know about its popularity... There are only 8 theaters in Tokyo proper showing the new movie and most of them only have 1 or 2 showings a day. Though when I went there were a good number of people, maybe 30+ so at least it's got a strong fanbase, although small.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

I guess it has good ratings, not excellent ratings, but prety good. since it is not toy based, so it has different standards than sentai or kamen rider. or maybe it is a case were the show is loved by the network.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Doguso wrote:Both seasons were 25 episodes (24 if you don't count the recap episodes..) and I know Makai Senki aired during the fall, so why would this be any different?
The difference is because Makai senki actually started on October (fall), so it didn't have to pass the summer.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Just cause I have seen the movie so I can clearly tell you all - there is no lead-in to season 3. Absolutely no explanation at all. Take that as you will.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

I think the show is consciously baiting viewers. The endings of both seasons are, well, open-ended, so won't surprise me that this new one is starting from scratch.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W

Post by Doguso »

Dragonfan wrote:
Doguso wrote:Both seasons were 25 episodes (24 if you don't count the recap episodes..) and I know Makai Senki aired during the fall, so why would this be any different?
The difference is because Makai senki actually started on October (fall), so it didn't have to pass the summer.
Nevermind, for some reason I was under the impression that it was set to air later in the year, not so close to the movie! Probably because they didn't have any details other than the title screen on the website for like two months...
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Thou I am pretty excited about the new season, I have a main major problem and it is that, judging by the trailers, both horrors and knights armors are going to be always CG (like Leo).

What do you think about it?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it'll be fine. Garo's always been a CGI heavy series, and it probably will have more practical effects than it appears. Although, the CGI was pretty bag in Makai Senki. So who knows.

Return to “Makai Senki”