Akiba Tsuu 01 released

Not officially a Sentai
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Akiba Tsuu 01 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I forgot to mention the can being vital in defeating the giant robot in season 1. I enjoyed that as well.

I thought the toy store employee was Dr. Maki. I also remembering him being in the Net Movies as the Sentai Director. It can't be a coincidence that he's playing a Sentai otaku in this episode.
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

To tell you the truth, I was scared shitless when this episode started. I was trying to fiddling around the setting on my PotPlayer video, trying to figured it out. After an hour of that, I gave up and try to watch it only to realize it was set up like this. XD Those crafty bastard.

So this is basically a clip show, yet it is not. Interesting.

So Nobuo is one the top three knowledgeable of Super Sentai. I wonder if Gai is one of the Sentai professor rankings lol in this world.

Oh hey, its Maki, with an twist ending.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Ha, that was great. Loved how the budget flashback got a full blown legit flashback at the end. Honestly the first minute messed with me. I thought my player was messed up or I got a bad download so I actually stopped the video and downloaded the episode again. And then the SD version after that after the 2nd time! I then decided to endure that first 30 seconds before I realized it was intentional. (It was intentional right? That slow down? Or am I just seeing too much into this?) I feel so violated!!

And I didn't realize they were trolling a bit at the end with Blue's send off. I totally forgot that's done sometimes with the whole "back of the head of a stand-in" thing. Hilarious.

Also I felt the series itself got the Eva treatment where a larger budget allowed them to give the ending they wanted to give so they just rewrote it. Of course we won't know for sure until the series is over.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Blazordra
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Yumeria Moegi
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Here's to us (Drink)
Here's to those like us (Drink)
Dang few (Drink)
And there all dead (Drink)

Post by Blazordra »

Hatte Saburo! curse you and your re brainwashing!!!

That can be the only explanation for what is going on!

To answer one question, yes those were the S.H. Figuarts and the Figuarts/Chogokin Itasha Robo in the robot fight scene. I own all 4 and they are
a lot of fun. I don't consider the Itasha a toy, it's a peace of art!

secondly, I think the closing is telling the series we will see cross in this year. I look forward to seeing what they do with Magiranger and Go-Onger!

I was worried about this season, but I think this will be pretty good!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Phoenix512 wrote:It would be funny if ZyuRanger was the one that got replaced instead of Dai. I like the Itasha Robo's swords are called Tsun and Dere. Akagi, I know your pain about compilation movies and glad they mention the pointlessness of making them. I like the how the credits have them as former Akiba<color>.
going for the "toei is messing with the show to make it more profitable" i would say they replaced dairanger because Power ranger did not have dairanger(besides mechas and monsters), and this way toei would be able to sell the series to saban with them not having to edit the dairangers out, but the akibarangers noticed the change(and please, i' not serious about this)

actually, i really like the "we fought for three days" idea for a final battle. of course, it does nt tmake sense, and if you actually do it, it would be a pretty tiring final fight, but for some reason, it sounds awesome.

so, wait...they recruited the schoolgirl to fight for them...that's just ridiculous, you can't seriously mean that an american organization decided to recruit a japanese schoolgirl, what were they thinking?! no build-up, no foreshadowing, nothing! it almost sounds like the writers had to write the character out for whatever and used the laziest explanation they could find!(seriously tough, the obvious retcon joke is hilarious xD)

oh, i was an akibared X Malshiina shipper, now i'm sad :(
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Luka Milfy
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: Punk & Crust
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Hime hime hime, suki suki daisuki, hime hime
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by TAKBonez »

I really liked this episode & like most I didn't care for the new OP. I frequent the RangerWiki so I already knew it was gonna be setup in an alternate universe. I just wasn't sure how they'd do it. I rewatched the first season so a friend could catch up for S2. We were both glad they took the approach they did and kinda made it a recap. While setting up the alternate universe.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

locuas wrote: so, wait...they recruited the schoolgirl to fight for them...that's just ridiculous, you can't seriously mean that an american organization decided to recruit a japanese schoolgirl, what were they thinking?! no build-up, no foreshadowing, nothing! it almost sounds like the writers had to write the character out for whatever and used the laziest explanation they could find!(seriously tough, the obvious retcon joke is hilarious xD)
When this joke first appeared in season one, it was a send up to the lazy way some of the older sentai wrote out departing characters, in this case specifically Sun Vulcan. Since the thread was already there and they had already retconned other aspects of the first season, I think it made sense to use this. Besides, did it make sense to have Akagi go to America either?

Admittedly, the write out in Sun Vulcan was never quite believable to me, so I think that's why this joke is so funny.
Spoiler
After all, why would the EPDS let the leader of its elite squad just leave when they were then involved in a fight to save the Earth and were the only hope of the planet? At least Bioman killed off Yellow Four. I found that more believable.

I can't wait to see where they take this season. It looks like it's going to be amazing!
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Seasons change, the colors stay the same. Pain don't hurt, basically.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Phoenix512 wrote:I forgot to mention the can being vital in defeating the giant robot in season 1. I enjoyed that as well.

I thought the toy store employee was Dr. Maki. I also remembering him being in the Net Movies as the Sentai Director. It can't be a coincidence that he's playing a Sentai otaku in this episode.
^ Thank you for someone finally mentioning this. I can't believe it took a whole page to get to it.

I was a bit confused at the beginning because I was like "I swear things didn't go in that order", then DeluKnight just appeared out of nowhere and my brain clicked; Hatte Saburo is messing with the characters. The retcons, the lack of mentioning them being in a TV show, Blue leaving for America instead of Red.

The subtle little foreshadowing at the beginning of the episode about it being a clipshow was funny. Anyone else here sick of those kinds of movies by the way?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Someone suggested putting a note about Dr. Maki's doll in a translator note, but that stuff is better living on the wiki and in these threads.
nanaholic
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by nanaholic »

takenoko wrote:That's actual cutting corners. Why pay 15 people to come in and do voice work when you can just pay three professional voice actors (and whoever else happens to be around)

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRange ... ice_Actors
It's not just random professional voice actors though - not only have they all voiced prominent roles in past Super Sentai series (Kusao Takeshi was Smoky in Magiranger, Seki Tomokasu did all the item sound effects in Gokaiger, Nakagawa Akiko was Bomper of Go-onger), they all stared in VoiceLugger. So it gets pretty meta.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Someone suggested putting a note about Dr. Maki's doll in a translator note,
It was more about the piece of paper that was next to the doll rather than the doll itself.

>> Please TL Note the sign that Dr. Maki's doll is sitting on.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

redfarmer wrote:
locuas wrote: so, wait...they recruited the schoolgirl to fight for them...that's just ridiculous, you can't seriously mean that an american organization decided to recruit a japanese schoolgirl, what were they thinking?! no build-up, no foreshadowing, nothing! it almost sounds like the writers had to write the character out for whatever and used the laziest explanation they could find!(seriously tough, the obvious retcon joke is hilarious xD)
When this joke first appeared in season one, it was a send up to the lazy way some of the older sentai wrote out departing characters, in this case specifically Sun Vulcan. Since the thread was already there and they had already retconned other aspects of the first season, I think it made sense to use this. Besides, did it make sense to have Akagi go to America either?

Admittedly, the write out in Sun Vulcan was never quite believable to me, so I think that's why this joke is so funny.
Spoiler
After all, why would the EPDS let the leader of its elite squad just leave when they were then involved in a fight to save the Earth and were the only hope of the planet? At least Bioman killed off Yellow Four. I found that more believable.
Actually, i think it makes more sense in sun vulcan because:
Spoiler
1. it would make sense for the world goverment to bring one of the members to help them with their defenses against the threat.
2. it was an adult as oppose to a highschool student

But really, yeah, the write out was unbelievable xD.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

This episode trolled me so hard! I actually thought it was a legitimate clip show, and was so confused when they mentioned stuff that didn't actually happen in season 1. Of course, I realized what was up towards the end of the episode.

Nobuo counting off the Sentai in order was pretty awesome. Reminds me I can do that, but with Power Rangers (proud nerd moment)
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

So, it's a recap episode of the 1st season with a twist: they changed lots of stuff in order to be able to continue with the story.

It wasn't what I was expecting, but it worked as a way to make a 2nd season work, since the end of the 1st didn't really allow that. It also set the base for the rest of the season

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”