teh_unknown1
Honey System
Favorite series: Magi, Den-O, GARO
Dreamy: Satou Takeru. ^_^
Favorite Band: MSI right now.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Car Robots 1 released

Post by teh_unknown1 »

This was interesting, and I look forward to more.

*thinks about downloading the other TF series...*
Protoman
Favorite series: Transformers
Dreamy: Shizuru Fujimura
Favorite Actor?: Rodimus Convoy
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Transformers

Post by Protoman »

Remember guys, you are the 3rd group to ATTEMPT to sub this series...... don't fail me.....

Lioconvoy2k was the first, he didn't translate as much as did guesswork, BIG ASS colored subs and putting into Beast Wars lingo ("What the slag"). They stopped after episode 2.

Karyuudo Fansubs then tried their hand at it, they did a pretty good job in terms of translation and the quality of video was good, but they lost steam around the end of 2006 and just stopped all their works. Leaving Car Robots stuck at episode 4.

Let's hope for the best! Pretty much after this, we just need to finish Headmasters, get Scramble City and Transformers Zone done, along with Micron Legend and we will have some complete goodness.
Rodimus Forever
lonegamer7
Save the life
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Protoman wrote:Remember guys, you are the 3rd group to ATTEMPT to sub this series...... don't fail me.....

Karyuudo Fansubs then tried their hand at it, they did a pretty good job in terms of translation and the quality of video was good, but they lost steam around the end of 2006 and just stopped all their works. Leaving Car Robots stuck at episode 4.
Just had a couple words with the main guy behind Karyuudo and he said the main reason for the stall was that he had RL (family) obligations.

That aside.... THANK YOU, TVN!!!!! :D :mrgreen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Protoman wrote:Remember guys, you are the 3rd group to ATTEMPT to sub this series...... don't fail me.....
I wouldn't worry. We're pretty good at following through with shows once we've got them started. We're still continuing our work on Headmasters after all XD

Stuff gets done eventually
Implode
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Galaxy Force
2nd Favorite Series: PGSM

Post by Implode »

This is wicked, thanks so much! :D I figured if you picked up another TF series it would be Micron, but this is awesome too. I've read that RiD is full of way more changes from CR than even they normally make when dubbing, so have always been interested in seeing a decent sub of it!

For a start I never realised Gigatron had different voices in each mode... that's weird :? I was convinced his Giga-bat mode sounded just like Alpha-Q but checked and they're different voice actors so guess I was wrong!

BTW I think Karyuudo did 1,2,3,4,7,8,9. They released the original DVD rips plus subtitle tracks, and I've still got vol 1 & 3 downloaded, just never watched it seriously with vol 2 missing from the middle. I love the Zone sub they did though :)

Thanks again :D

PS. Where do you get the awesome Galaxy Force pictures from, like in Liger Megatron's avatar?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I figured if you picked up another TF series it would be Micron, but this is awesome too.

Yeah, I wanted to work on Micron but wasn't able to gather the ball rolling. j3 still has the DVDs I assume, so I'd like to still work on it someday, just becaues I want to see the predecessor to Super Link, my favorite TF series

> I've read that RiD is full of way more changes from CR than even they normally make when dubbing, so have always been interested in seeing a decent sub of it!

I haven't really seen either, so this will be interesting, I think. I did see RiD's first episode and was kind of "eh" and never really followed up on the series.

Also, remember guys that this isn't really an appropriate forum for discussing another group's work :p

>PS. Where do you get the awesome Galaxy Force pictures from, like in Liger Megatron's avatar?

Dunno, Liger Megatron provided it himself. Maybe from the DVD booklet?
MagnaRyu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Ryuki,Blade,Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo,KS7
Favorite Actor?: Matsuda Satoshi
Favorite Band: AnCafe,Gackt,ViDoll
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: All Things Japanese
Quote: Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986

Post by MagnaRyu »

Sweet deal. I am so happy this series is being done. I can't wait to finally see the episodes in the correct order and not edited (plus they are the japanese versions so they are much much better story wise).

As a lot of you may know due to the 9/11 attacks, the Episodes (of the english version of the series) "Secret of the Ruins", "Hope for the Future", "Attack From Outer Space," "Landfill", "Sky-Byte Saves the Day", "Lessons of the Past", "The Mystery of Ultra Magnus", "Spy Changers To The Rescue"; were either held back , re-edited, re-dubbed, aired at the wrong point in the series, removed from the re-run schedule or were never aired at all. If you were luckey enough to be in the UK you did get to see all the episodes on Fox Kids there.

This just proves my point of how the USA is way to worried about being politically correct, but I will not rant here because this is neither the time or place.

Again thank you for doing this series.
I'm A Gackt Fan And I'm Male. Got A Problem With That?

Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986
Black Bumblebee
Favorite series: Transformers!
Favorite Band: David Gray
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Black Bumblebee »

Protoman wrote:

Let's hope for the best! Pretty much after this, we just need to finish Headmasters, get Scramble City and Transformers Zone done, along with Micron Legend and we will have some complete goodness.
Let's not forget about Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo! :D
Liger Megatron
Gao
2nd Favorite Series: Car Robots

Post by Liger Megatron »

Gotta love Gigatron's personality & voice in Bat Mode :lol:
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

Black Bumblebee wrote:
Protoman wrote:
Let's not forget about Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo! :D
Wishful thinking much with BWII and Neo? Raws for either are nearly ridiculously hard to find.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's not really that hard. I have a good video encoding set up so it'd just require getting the vhs tapes. It's not something that we couldn't fix by throwing money at it.
Liger Megatron
Gao
2nd Favorite Series: Car Robots

Post by Liger Megatron »

Was BW2 & BW:Neo ever ACTUALLY released for purchase in Japan in 1998/99 :?: Considering that Car Robots was released in its entirety just one year later (in both VHS & DVD format), I'm kinda thinking/hoping they were...........

Regards,
Liger M
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Not for DVD as far as I know. But it was around 2000 when Japan made the big switch to DVD. That's why GaoRangers was one of the first sentai on DVD and such
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

takenoko wrote:It's not really that hard. I have a good video encoding set up so it'd just require getting the vhs tapes. It's not something that we couldn't fix by throwing money at it.
Kinda meant the DVD raws torrents of both that's been floating on and off, but still, power to you guys.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah... But it wasn't released on DVD though. Plus I don't like using other people's encodes, most of which are pretty lousy. The quality would be better if we just encoded it from an actual tape, like we do for our YGO subs

Return to “Transformers Car Robots”