Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 08 released

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 08 released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_08

Oh my god an interesting monster design. I may die of shock. Too bad the actual Horror of this episode isn't that interesting, just has the same tri-mouth. The shoulder mouths are new, but frankly confusing. Do you usually eat with your shoulder? Do you have three esophaguses? Is there anything else you have three of?

I know there are still regular Horrors that react to the lighter but dammit Ryuuga, you know the Madou Horrors don't react to it so stop using it as a catch-all!

Gai, you're a horrible stalker. And a horrible flirt. So awkward.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 08 released

Post by takenoko »

Not every creature keeps their genitalia in the same place!

The thing is, Ryuuga doesn't know who's a Madou Horror, so hey, why not try the flame trick. It's not like it hurts.

And the actual Horror of the episode is interesting... to me. It's Ito Makoto, who portrayed many beloved secondary Riders.

I guess Rui's going to be a regular from here on. But what exactly is going on here? Is Takeru trying to score another notch on his bedpost? Does he feel guilty about not saving her family, so he watches her from not-that-afar? At least he tried to cover up his usual thuggish dialogue, but it really seems like he's playing two different character at times.

I'm really hoping for Aguri to have a good backstory to explain why he feels that emotions lead to suffering.

I think there's more to Kazami than he lets on. Ryuuga's naive nature is probably going to get him in trouble next episode.

Edit: Luna was worried that people would be confused by A5 Zabuton, apparently is a rare cut of meat.
http://a5kurogewagyuu.seesaa.net/article/356608787.html
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

This episode of Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono felt truer to the Garo name than arguably the previous 7 have.

Did anyone else think "Cenobite" (Hellraiser) when the Horror that killed Misaki was shown?

Next Time:
Spoiler
Three Knights Gather! Showdown with Old Man Kaneshiro!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

wiki link on front page links to Akibaranger. :o
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's because I accidentally used the Akiba 8 thread earlier, which had the wiki link. I fixed the thread link, but forgot to fix the wiki link. Whoops!
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I got Jedi Knight impressions when emotions lead to suffering was mentioned... I hope it's just from past experience (emotions cloud your judgement leading to mistakes) rather than some metaphysical thing (the Daaaaark Siiiiide woooooo).

Wonder why the horror didn't devour the reporter in their first encounter if he was the intended target, besides plot reasons.

Also I can't help but note the physics-defying camera. Just like how computer hacking is often unrealistically portrayed in TV shows, that reporter is using what looks like a slow 70-300 zoom lens that is not going to get him sharp, focused pictures in the dead of night. Unless it's a madou camera lol.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Human eating monsters that I'll take photos of. Despite the fact that said type of monster was sent to attack me for snooping in the first place.

Smart guy.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Catastrophe wrote:Human eating monsters that I'll take photos of. Despite the fact that said type of monster was sent to attack me for snooping in the first place.

Smart guy.
for some reason that reporter annoys me a lot.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Human eating monsters that I'll take photos of. Despite the fact that said type of monster was sent to attack me for snooping in the first place.

Smart guy.
for some reason that reporter annoys me a lot.

most of reporters in television are portrayed as annoying characters. But this one is really... "don't know his place!"
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

The reporter wasn't too annoying for me. I understood that he was trying to get to the scope of these Horrors and trying to learn more about the heroes who have been killing the Horrors. This episode felt more in line with the original season for once so that was a good thing. I wonder how Ryuuga lighting up his lighter can't detect Enhou's new turn to the dark side. There has to be more explanation for that. Oh yeah, no armor action at all in this one. They saved money on the CGI effects.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I liked that we finally got to see a horror that isn't just the predator mouth and that this weeks horror was different even if it was only a little.

I also wish that the reporter would consider the border between the people's need to know that there are monsters out there wanting to eat them. But at the same time consider that it's not exactly a good thing to let the public know that the person sitting next to them might be one of said monsters that want to eat you and that you have no way to tell if he is or not, and that even if you did you'd have no way to stop it. though i suppose one of the other garo cities might have done that, I don't know since I never watched any of them.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, knowing that there are people eating monsters out there, might be kind of useful for the general public. You know, maybe telling that family that there are monsters in this city would have saved there lives, since they would have gotten the hell out of there.

The only problem with this is the one that comes up in the show itself. Most people probably won't believe you, and you might find yourself either in an mental institution, or targeted and eaten by the very monsters that you're trying to warn people about.

I get that reporters are often portrayed negatively, but I sort of like this guy and hope he's able to do something helpful. I'm guessing he'll end up as Horror chow in the next episode, but who knows. Like he said, he's fighting his battle in his own way.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Whoa, serious quality uptick!

I like that the security guard lady is infiltrating. It shows the intelligence of the bad guys. I also give serious props to Ryouga for at least talking to the classic-style horror though I think he could have pursued the questioning a little. "Hey how do you feel about someone turning people into synthetic horrors that are more powerful than dudes like you? There's about a hundred in the city ..." You never know, you might get it monologing.

The memory erase issue was interesting. I think it was overdone on the flowershop girl from last episode. Could they really not have just wiped the info since she got to Volcity and set her up to believe a car accident took her family's lives? She's be in mourning but she'd at least have her lifetime of real memories. Erasing ALL of those family memories can't be a stable wipe. On the other hand the reporter needed a serious brainwashing.

If the broadcast anchor he's going to see isn't a horror puppet, I'm going to be amazed.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ryuga or Ryuuga, but not Ryouga, there's no o.

I dunno, Rui didn't seem all that happy with her life up to this point anyway. I kind of feel like they did the right thing by sparing her the pain of losing her family. That was pretty much all she had in the first place. At least with no memory, she can have a completely fresh start without all that baggage.

She's pretty young too. Look at how messed up the reporter got from the death of his girlfriend. She could have ended up a real mental case.
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

I really don't have much to say about this episode. I really liked it, I liked the tone, I liked the monster design, I liked the way that they now seem to be giving a direction to the story. :) I also liked that the people who saw horror's last episodes suddenly show up again.

I even really liked the fight scene with the guy with the shoulder mouths. I for one did not mind his design and the chains/fotographer made for an interesting fight.

Ryuga (I read Take's post. :)) should indeed consider that the lighter trick doesn't work on Madou horror's, but they're rare and this at least catches all other types.

I liked Takeru's interaction and stalking. It's sweet.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”