Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Re: Kamen Rider Movie Taisen Ultimatum Released

Post by kikaida »

I joked with a friend, while I watched this, about the ending before Poitrine (French for woman's breasts - really??) was revealed and I was shocked that I was right. Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine is an actual character like Inazuman from Shotaro Ishinomori, BUT while in Fourze's movie section Inazuman's story was very well structured and respectable to the original character, I found the end result of Poitrine's story to be totally nonsense and repulsive and does no justice to the original character (although the sparklie effects were cute).
Spoiler
Although, I will confess that I realize that this is just the "wish" of the "Donut Queen" to be Poitrine. So, for shock effect . . . it was "meh" okay.

Thoughts: while I like Wizard better than Fourze as a rider - Fourze's movie section was better than Wizard's movie section story-wise, BUT I found the toku action better in the Wizard section (although the cgi looked worse than in some video games). I really wanted to see more OOOs and W and felt quite cheated by their appearance (or lack of).

Recommendations (Toei, you listening?): QUIT the rider crossover movies and make a decent rider movie on the actual rider of the current series for a change - like the "old days" for Blade, Hibiki, and Kabuto. Those were good movies.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

locuas wrote:it's because they are also ishinomori's creations. so they are homages to the father of kamen rider(official explanation. realistically, it is easier than creating a new villain...)
I know from wiki beforehand that they are part of Ishinomori's creation, but my point is the same towards the Kikaider in the OOO, All Rider movie, "For what do you need them in the movies?"

I understand that they want to feel nostalgic and so on, but unless there's a strong point of going to place them in, don't bother doing it.

Maybe this is harsh, but this keeps going in my head.
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Re: Kamen Rider Movie Taisen Ultaimatum Released

Post by zombierave »

takenoko wrote:We don't know what timeline this movie takes place, because we don't know how the Wizard story overlaps with the Fouzre story. If we're assuming all this is true, then this is a time before Wizard and Gentarou has met (five year Gentarou doesn't count, he's from the future). After which, Haruto meets Gentarou in person, but not in his Wizard form. Wizard then goes on to help Gentarou in the Fourze movie. Does that make sense?
Nah, Wizard and Fourze meet for the first time in Fourze's movie. Reason being that Wizard decides to take on the Kamen Rider title during Fourze's movie while in Ultimatum, Haruto introduces himself to younger Gentarou as a fellow Kamen Rider he saves. I think the timeline would be something like:

Wizard helps Fourze fight off the copy Horoscopes without knowing who Fourze and Meteor are. I'd like to think he became Wizard recently at this point and is testing his abilities. Also, Wizard introduces himself and takes on the title of Kamen Rider, but Fourze and Meteor don't state their own Kamen Rider names. Future Gentarou then borrows Past Gentarou's belt and helps Wizard, stating he's there to help out Wizard for the previous help in fighting the Horoscopes. When Wizard asks Fourze who he is, I don't think it's cause he doesn't know who Fourze is, so much as he's just asking what his name is since Fourze never introduced himself to Wizard. Then after the battle, Haruto gives Past Gentarou back the Fourze Driver and it's evident that Past Gentarou doesn't know who Haruto is even though he's met Wizard before. Haruto then tells Past Gentarou he is a fellow Kamen Rider without explicitly stating he is Wizard.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Women's Thighs Everywhere: a Koichi Sakamoto Film.

The Wizard sections were really really dull, and I started to doze off during the endless displays of his various forms and attacks. Oh my god, it was awful. All the Fourze stuff was badass, though, super high-energy and totally nuts. Too bad Nadeshiko came back and filled the movie with chrome butts and harpsichord flourishes. Reaaaally could have done without her.

I don't mind them reusing ancient characters as villainous fodder, it can be a fun wink and the updated costumes are usually pretty sweet. I blame Decade's version of Apollo Geist for this, because his costume was a badass update of the original. So anyway, I wanted to see what the original Poitrine looked like, typed the name into GIS and, well...
Spoiler

Japan is probably the only country I can think of where you can regularly do this to your children's heroes and it's totally cool.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... Man it feels like a lot of these Rider movies have been just as much about bringing back other older Toku series as they are about the Riders themselves :/ Also, I can't wait for the next Rider series so that the following Rider crossover movie will be so not Fourze focused we won't have to listen to that annoying Ringing and Dinging sound effect as much... It almost made me hate Nadesko here ><

Is it that they have something else they need to focus on, or do the actors for Shotarou and Phillip really never want to show up in person for these movies?

Still, all that aside, it was a decent crossover movie, also I rather liked the ending. Almost gave a Dr Who feel to the whole thing... Least it wasn't the worst Rider film I've seen.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Kogashi wrote:... Man it feels like a lot of these Rider movies have been just as much about bringing back other older Toku series as they are about the Riders themselves :/ Also, I can't wait for the next Rider series so that the following Rider crossover movie will be so not Fourze focused we won't have to listen to that annoying Ringing and Dinging sound effect as much... It almost made me hate Nadesko here ><

Is it that they have something else they need to focus on, or do the actors for Shotarou and Phillip really never want to show up in person for these movies?

Still, all that aside, it was a decent crossover movie, also I rather liked the ending. Almost gave a Dr Who feel to the whole thing... Least it wasn't the worst Rider film I've seen.
i don't know about phillip actor's, but i think shoutaro's actually really likes his role as W, so maybe the staff did not contact them.(i think they returned to voice W in the latest kamen rider videogame)
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Trying to get a whole bunch of returning Riders on the incredibly tight schedules these productions have is hard, because a lot of these guys have since moved on in their careers, and in some cases look really different. Like, we will probably never see Ankh again unless it's a disembodied arm or the Greeed suit, because of his hair being such an investment in bleaching kits.

I would imagine a lot of these actors would enjoy reprising their roles at some point, though the more recent ones may very well want to be known for more than just henshin belt dramas, but it's difficult to get the timing right for a cameo, and the more guys you want to have in one place, the worse it gets...
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Ok not much to add since a lot of people have already said the things that were cool in this film. One thing that did stand out for me was the parkour scene when Gentarou was chasing that student in the beginning. It was lengthy but very cool because you hardly see something like this in a KR film. Looks like Gentarou did most of his stunts during this sequence too. Koichi Sakamoto always pushes his actors/actresses hard in their action scenes so everyone looked convincing in their scenes. Even Kengo looked badass for once. Wizard's portion of the film was pretty cool and interesting too. Thought the Underworld idea was a good way to explore the creepier side of human beings. If there is one thing I didn't like was the video game like final sequence. The special effects did not look convincing and it didn't look like a live-action movie anymore. Overall, this movie was good.

Edit: Also wanted to mention that this movie had too many shots of the girls legs. I mean, I loved it because who doesn't like nice legs? But Koichi Sakamoto is making himself look like a pervert the more he does this in his projects. I could've swore these are kid's films.
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

After watching it a third time, I think the Wizard portion should be called, Flips: The Movie
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Well, this movie was quite interesting. And near the end, I thought up the perfect drinking game for everyone.

For each Switch used: drink a jello shot

For each Wizard Ring used: drink a shot of gin

For every "JING!" sound effect used: take a shot of vodka

For every twirling sound effect used: take a shot of soda *Pepsi or Coca-Cola, your preference*

and the one that is bound to get anyone drunk or probably kill someone:

FOR EACH EXPLOSION: drink a Silver Bullet.

Aside from the drinking game I thought up, the movie was entertaining for what it is: a fun-time story that uses characters for an entertaining lesson.

Fourze: When Gentarou apologized to Kengo, I figured something was going to happen, since they made damn sure you knew there was a fiery lava pit in the room.

Wizard: Not much to gripe about. I put into context that this was way before anything in the series might have happened, no Gremlin, and no showing of Wiseman just a mention.

Ultimatum: I am forever scarred by the revelation of Owner being there. The only thing that made me laugh was the fact that pantsu appeared. Just from that, you know Eiji had to show up. And the fact he can kick ass without his OOO driver, shows he's still training while looking for Ankh.

Overall, the movie was entertaining and pretty good. Confusing because of time-travel, but that comes with the territory.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So, I've been thinking about this. If future Gentarou loses the photo to past Gentarou, but future Gentarou only gets the photo after the conflict, then the photo that is passed back in time will get older and older.\

TIME PARADOX.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Kengo actually points out that the picture is weirdly old to be the picture of the class he teaches for just that year... Was wondering how that happened. Well I guess now we know.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Kogashi wrote:Kengo actually points out that the picture is weirdly old to be the picture of the class he teaches for just that year... Was wondering how that happened. Well I guess now we know.
But future Gen doesn't take that picture until after he returns to his time. By that point, he'd already dropped his aged copy in the past, where present Gen picked it up and presumably kept it until he became future Gen and dropped it. The aged picture is in a loop of being dropped and picked up and doesn't seem to have an actual origin point.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Course he didn't, he got the picture from when future him asked past him to borrow the fourze driver. Resulting in even future-er him having a fresh version of the photo he got telling him everything will turn out alright when he becomes a teacher five years in the future.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

this is actually something common in tiem travel stories. an object you pass to your past self that you received from your future self, and it has no beginning or end.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”