Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Rider Movie Taisen Ultimatum Released

Post by Catastrophe »

Which might be fine normally. The thing is, the photo is going to get more and more worn, which means in each subsequent loop, it gets older and older.

I understand what they where trying to do, they just fucked it up.

They should have had a class photo taken before the incident to get passed back, and then another after to replace it for future Gentarou, but then it wouldn't have the angsty kids all happy.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i heard once an explanation that the object in question becomes eternal and does not age, and the "worn" is because it is dirty......or something like that...time travel is weird...
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

But the loop already happened. It's already aged from being left to his past self from his future self who got it from his future self when he was his past self. It's one of those fixed points in time. Until he actually takes the picture that doesn't exist before he can leave it to his past self for him to have it in the future it will not continue to age or tear anymore. It's not that they're still going to his own past every time it's already happened. It will remain to be as worn out and torn as it is when Gentarou leaves it with Gentarou for it be as old as past Gentarou becomes future Gentarou to leave it with past Gentarou. It's a fixed point in time. Don't think of it as a picture think of it as Jack Harkness. No matter how many 'loops' it goes through it doesn't change. That photo that exists because got it from himself stop being an actual photo cause the photo hadn't happened it. So how can something that hasn't happened become more worn out than it already is?

Just repeat to yourself 'it's just a (movie based on a-) show, I should really just relax'
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kogashi wrote:Don't think of it as a picture think of it as Jack Harkness. No matter how many 'loops' it goes through it doesn't change.
Spoiler
Assuming that is of course, that he's not the Face of Boe; otherwise uh... he kind of would change. :lol:
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

I enjoyed this movie so much! There was a great amount of fan service. I loved the reunion scene with Ryusei and Tomoko <3. The out of suit fights were fantastic. I must have squealed so loudly when Eiji entered! He gets hotter every time I see him. :D
The real Poitrine was quite unexpected..which made it all the more fun LOL.

All in all it was excellent. Story, fights, effects everything was enjoyable.

Great job on the subs. Thank you TVN. :)
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm not seeing any time paradox here. There are no objects that went back in time to become themselves.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Dengar wrote:I'm not seeing any time paradox here. There are no objects that went back in time to become themselves.
Counterpoint: Gentarou's photograph of his students. When he first shows it Kengo, Kengo notes that it looks a lot older then it probably should, something Gentarou doesn't really explain. Later, when Gentarou goes back in time, he drops the photo. He then meets up with his past self, who finds and apparently keeps the photo after future Gen leaves, seemingly explaining its oddly aged appearance - he's had it since before he actually started teaching.

However, after future Gen returns to his time, we see him gathering up the class to take a group photo - the very same one that he dropped. If he didn't take the picture until after he was done with that whole time travel adventure, then how did it end up in the past? That's what the trouble is.

...I'm sorry if I'm not making a lot of sense here, but the thing we're discussing doesn't seem to make much sense either.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I guess it might make sense if future and past Gentarou are sharing the same beaten up photo. Then the question just becomes when the new photo is introduced into the loop.

We see a beaten up photo for all the versions, do we ever see the new one, or just the taking of it? Probably would have made more sense if the future Gentarou took the photo at the start of the movie, then dropped a new photo in the past, but that'd require making two props. If they moved the photo taking to the beginning, at least Gentarou would have both the new and the old photo on him when he meets Kengo.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Photo Hypothesis.

Post by Enter the Meteor »

takenoko wrote:I guess it might make sense if future and past Gentarou are sharing the same beaten up photo. Then the question just becomes when the new photo is introduced into the loop.

We see a beaten up photo for all the versions, do we ever see the new one, or just the taking of it? Probably would have made more sense if the future Gentarou took the photo at the start of the movie, then dropped a new photo in the past, but that'd require making two props. If they moved the photo taking to the beginning, at least Gentarou would have both the new and the old photo on him when he meets Kengo.
I think that Gentarou takes a class photo at the start for the school year, then takes another one once everyone becomes real friends. The high-school aged Gentarou will think to take the photo as soon as school starts for that year, because he has the photo.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

But we see that he only takes the class photo after he gets the rest of the kids and the psychic kids to become buds.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Inferring.

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Kogashi wrote:But we see that he only takes the class photo after he gets the rest of the kids and the psychic kids to become buds.
Personally, I think that is a little on-level. You have to infer things, not just see them. We are able to infer that, knowing out Kamen Rider Club Adviser, he would do something like taking a photo on the first day, all of my teachers do it.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The real loop here is that picture almost certainly inspired Gentarou to even bother becoming a teacher in the first place.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Re: Inferring.

Post by Kogashi »

Enter the Meteor wrote:
Kogashi wrote:But we see that he only takes the class photo after he gets the rest of the kids and the psychic kids to become buds.
Personally, I think that is a little on-level. You have to infer things, not just see them. We are able to infer that, knowing out Kamen Rider Club Adviser, he would do something like taking a photo on the first day, all of my teachers do it.
Infer if Gentarou would do such a group picture from the start as much as you like. But judging from the character of our four psychics pre Gentarou showing them they are being used, that they would not willingly and happily be part of the picture as you can see them clearly being in even the old version. This implies that it's after all misgivings have been cleared up, in my view at least.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

So... The picture he dropped was a picture he made with his class, not the same one that was dropped by his future self.

I mean, any other explanation is ridiculous.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”