Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Re: Kamen Rider Movie Taisen Ultaimatum Released

Post by kiyominai »

takenoko wrote:We don't know what timeline this movie takes place, because we don't know how the Wizard story overlaps with the Fouzre story. If we're assuming all this is true, then this is a time before Wizard and Gentarou has met (five year Gentarou doesn't count, he's from the future). After which, Haruto meets Gentarou in person, but not in his Wizard form. Wizard then goes on to help Gentarou in the Fourze movie. Does that make sense?
This would make sense but didn't Gentarou get the Fusion switch during the Fourze movie? If so, then that means Wizard's timeline in the movie takes place after the Fourze movie. Unless Future Gentarou brought with him the Fusion Switch.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote: So people aren't like "Gentarou, why are you dating a 15 year old school girl who never ages?"
That did not stop Renton and Eureka.
Phoenix512 wrote:
I did notice a thing that breaks Wizard canon which was when Haruto and the others saw Phoenix's human form since at the time, they didn't know what his human form look like until several episodes later when Rinko begins to investigate him.
to be fair, i do not think she really had a chance to take a look at them. she probably was more focused on the akumaizers and the kids. Also, the next time she saw phoenix's human form, it was at night and raining, so she probably did not recognize him, or the very least, she tought he looked familiar but was unable to put her finger on it.
I think this actually makes rinko investigation make more sense. if we consider that she had no clue that phoenix was a phantom outside of the faxct that he had disappeared, then this movie can help explain why she suspected it.

okay, i did not see the owner twist coming.

it is a little lame that the other riders are just dreams, but i tought the kids were gonna actually transform into the riders, which i tought was stupid, so i'm fine with it.
mmmh...interesting that the EXACT SAME KIDS who were kidnapped and forced into owner's underworld ended developing powers. could it be that having their minds trapped in that underworld helped develop, or even awaken, their sleeping powers?

i liked that meteor still uses his powers. most of the time it feels like the heroes stop using their power after the show just because there are no monsters left and act like it is the end of their lifes as kamen rider(and i'm sure you can tell me an example were they still use their powers). Ryusei actually becomes sort of a superhero, using his powers to fight criminals. and trying to make the world a better place.
if i have a complain, it would be the same that i have with every kamen rider crossover: wizard did not have his final form yet when this movie was released. i wished to see infinity and cosmic together. that could have been really cool. atlough i admit the dragon form works as a super mode, so this time feels better than usual.

The villains, i have to admit, i tought they were gonna do the same thing they did in fourze's movie and have the villains want to destroy the world because they are evil. but i think they did a great job at having the akumaizer as interesting villains. granted, they are not exactly Ransik(PR TF), but they are more complex than in most movies. i especially liked when gaara sacrificed himself to protect xatan and Xatan actually mourning his friends death.

i like to think the akumaizers time travel is a corrupted version of the one used in megamax, only because i like consistency.
kiyominai wrote:
takenoko wrote:We don't know what timeline this movie takes place, because we don't know how the Wizard story overlaps with the Fouzre story. If we're assuming all this is true, then this is a time before Wizard and Gentarou has met (five year Gentarou doesn't count, he's from the future). After which, Haruto meets Gentarou in person, but not in his Wizard form. Wizard then goes on to help Gentarou in the Fourze movie. Does that make sense?
This would make sense but didn't Gentarou get the Fusion switch during the Fourze movie? If so, then that means Wizard's timeline in the movie takes place after the Fourze movie. Unless Future Gentarou brought with him the Fusion Switch.
Actually, the one who used the fusion switch was future gentarou. so it can be that he brought the switch with himself.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

So Wizard (up to Ep 13 at least) takes place before the Fourze movie? Future Gentarou asks Haruto to return the Fourze Driver to "the present me" and Haruto doesn't go back in time. So that means Wizard started before Fourze ended. Also I missed the Beast Cameo. When is it? I can't find it on my player...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Same as all the other second Rider appearances the last few years, at the very end of the movie.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i have been giving some tought to owner's underworld, and i think it has something related to his conflict with his own sexuality.
he says that he does not want to return to the real world because it is boring, but i think it is because the underworld has everything he always dreamed of. and does not tell haruto because he felt haruto was being nice as long as he tought he was a girl.
first of all, there is the fact that he appears only as a girl. of course he explains he looked very femenine when younger, but i think it talks about how he always felt he was a girl in a guy's body.
then we have all these people cheering for him when he comes to the rescue, i think it reflects his wish for people to accept him for what he is, instead of looking at him weird. wonder if he watched some tokusatsu show as a kid and wished people cheered like they did to the main character
the wedding symbolizes his wish to find love and marry someday. and with haruto thinking he is a girl, he felt he could finally do it.
and then the birthday thing. why is he celebrating his birthday each day? maybe because something happened during his birthday that ruined it for him? like his parents discovering he was homosexual during one of his birthdays?

And finally, giving up the last of his magic to haruto, and giving up his underworld is him coming in terms with himself and ready to keep going forward.

or maybe i'm over thinking it...
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

first off, is it just me or did anybody else think that Xatan looked like a black and slimmer version of Doukoku?

Also it seemed like there were a lot of plot paradox's that were just meh'd like Gentarou having a ring to enter gates since he looked to have gotten it off of the shop owner which would leave a time paradox not unlike the one from rave master involving Ellie's necklace.

Over all I liked the Fourze part of the movie better than the wizard as it just seemed better put together.

The thing I liked about Wizards part though was that they let Rinko look good having her shoot mooks but at the same time made sure none of them were ghul's since those ones we all know her bullets don't work on.

I also liked how they managed to sneak all dragon form in with out creating the giant paradox that was OOO using tajador combo in the W OOO movie war despite not getting those medals yet.

As far as movie wars go though I'd have to say that my favorite so far would be the Fourze OOO movie war but that could just be because of how good the directors cut was and that i didn't watch the non dc version.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Kaiehc
Gao

Post by Kaiehc »

I love this movie to death. Sakamoto's action scenes are pure bliss, dialogue and story is fantastic, tonnes of incredible fan service (espeically during the Fourze part), and lots of great payoff. I think its funny how the best Rider time travel story seems to be the only one that doesn't involve Den-O. I really wish they had Sakamoto directing the Super Hero Taisen movies too. I watched this after watching the last two Taisen movies and it was like eating beef wellington cooked by Gordon Ramsey after having two slices of stale bread.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

Overall a FUN crossover movie. Way better than the last few, including the Super Hero Taisen. The action was amazing, especially the out-of-suit fights. Ryuusei's actor actually got better at it, IMHO. There's no more mistimed action in his fight scenes like he did in the series LOL. Although it did gets too long on certain parts, that I zoned out and had to rewind.
Lunagel wrote:Gentarou's photo is clearly a time paradox. This movie shouldn't exist.
At least it's not a continuity error :D. Future Gentarou did tell future Kengo that he 'found' the photo. So, it's basically the same photo, re-found and re-dropped, in its own time loop.

One thing still baffles me. When Xatan first captured Kamimura Yuu, he told her that there's nothing for her in reality, and we're shown her life as a boring office worker. So, how can she be the donut shop owner? Is that her life before she open the donut shop, or is it just Xatan's brainwashing?

BTW, Ultimatum is misspelled in this thread's title.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

StagBeetle wrote: One thing still baffles me. When Xatan first captured Kamimura Yuu, he told her that there's nothing for her in reality, and we're shown her life as a boring office worker. So, how can she be the donut shop owner? Is that her life before she open the donut shop, or is it just Xatan's brainwashing?

BTW, Ultimatum is misspelled in this thread's title.
i think it was his life before then.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>BTW, Ultimatum is misspelled in this thread's title.

LOL, that's pretty hilarious that it took 4 pages for someone to say something.

When Xatan captures Kamimura Yuu she's already in the Underworld with the kids. So at that point, it's all a reflection of her self-imagery and not reality.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Kamen Rider Movie Taisen Ultimatum Released

Post by OOOKaiser »

After watching this movie I realized something. TIME TRAVEL IS SO CONFUSING O_O
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

OOOKaiser wrote:After watching this movie I realized something. TIME TRAVEL IS SO CONFUSING O_O
Well, it's not so bad. It's not like there's any Timeline altering or anything, like in Den-O.

Compared to the OOO x Den-O All Riders, this is a drip in the bucket, and straightforward. Especially the photo, someone mentioned earlier how Future Gentarou could have found it, but I think the end scene where Past Gentarou picks it up is what Future Gentarou was talking about because that's what it leads to.

My theory is that the photo is just a paradox loop, and is there not to confuse us, but for us to have fun with it. Or at least I see it that way. To me, that photo has symbolism beyond its purpose.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

OOOKaiser wrote:After watching this movie I realized something. TIME TRAVEL IS SO CONFUSING O_O
I think you mean "ALL RIDER CROSSOVER MOVIE IS SO CONFUSING". Time travel isn't confusing much, granted its a little bit complicated, but nevertheless still understandable.

I already gave up trying to locate when Crossover's movie are taking place after what Toei gave us in Movie Wars Core, so I didn't give much thought about that either.

My main issues: Is there a need to give too much non-Rider heroes showing up in here? As someone who only recognizes Sailor Moon, I don't understand much any reference they tried in this. Easy suggestion, why don't they make the kid changing into Inazuman instead transform into....I don't know, maybe the Rider that came back to Eiji's time 40 year from the future????

Oh Accel.....cheating behind your annoying wife by making a younger girl rides you, and your finisher in the air is so funny I forgot how cool that kick was when you do it in the series.

Overall, an OK movie for me. 6.5/10 since the only thing I really watched is the end battle. Keep comparing it to the Ultraman movie where Zero makes his first appearance. Seems really identical in the style.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

it's because they are also ishinomori's creations. so they are homages to the father of kamen rider(official explanation. realistically, it is easier than creating a new villain...)
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

Not as good as I thought it'd be.

Negative - Could've added actual cameos from the characters.

Positive - Dat Poitrine revelation.
ImageImage

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”