Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 09 released

Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 09 released

Post by Ghost23 »

Seriously just who is that guy (although that actor, wasn't he in a lot of ninja movies years ago?) And yeah how can Kazami be so stupid to take it to a Kaneshiro own company, Havent he heard of pirate broadcasting? That actress that played Rivera seems familiar what other show was she in? I think that guy reveal himself to show the knights that they are powerless in that city.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

he probably tough that, as an old friend of rivera, he could convince her to help him. since a live broadcast is a little hard to stop in time if you don't know what they are doing. the reason he failed was because he didn't realize rivera was a horror(and probably was since he knew her)
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I guess now we know why the horror didn't eat Kazami back when Rivera ate his girlfriend. They were coworkers and that would have been -awkward-!

This is Garo, these guys are Makai Knights, and they break all the rules. No timer/time limit on the armor wearing, they work together in a group versus mostly solo, there are no watch dogs, they don't cleanse the evil auras from their swords. Which some of that was dropped from Makai Senki but I digress.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Awesome episode. Lots of action and a lot of stuff happened here. I figured the reporter was going to become meat for the Horror and what a revelation it was that the news anchor was the one who ate his girlfriend. I felt bad for the reporter. About Ryuuga, I felt bad about this world turning on him but due to his bland acting, it's hard to root for the guy. The action sequence in this episode was one to remember. I like that each season has had one big action piece in the first half of the series and this one was a legit one. For all three Makai Knights to try to fight the boss and lose convincingly shows that they are not going to have an easy time getting rid of all these Horrors. Pretty cool Horror design as well. Looks like we know the reason why Toei saved their budget on the CGI effects because they used it on this one.
Last edited by chronoxiong on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Infernoshadow211
Adventure

Post by Infernoshadow211 »

This was a pretty awesome episode, especially with half of it being a fight but one thing bugged me at the beginning of the fight. How was that guy able to lift the soul metal sword? I'm sure they'll explain it later, but that stuff was used by the Makai Knights because it hurts Horrors pretty bad, right?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Infernoshadow211 wrote:This was a pretty awesome episode, especially with half of it being a fight but one thing bugged me at the beginning of the fight. How was that guy able to lift the soul metal sword? I'm sure they'll explain it later, but that stuff was used by the Makai Knights because it hurts Horrors pretty bad, right?
Well actually in Garo Makai Senki episode 8, the samurai horror actually picked up Rei's soul metal sword. So it doesn't matter if its a Horror or not, just as long as you can control the soul metal you can wield it.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

dekamaster wrote:the only thing close to a grievance with this episode would be that while ryuuga was wearing his disguise he some how fit a trench coat underneath it since sonshi's power seems to be telekinesis and not just him magically dressing ryuuga.
The time Ryuga wore an SG1 uniform to go into their base when he pulled it off he suddenly had his trench between his pants. Likewise Rian pulled off her office worker outfit and had her full trench on as well as her clip-on pantleg. So I think it's safe to assume that it's a disguise illusion spell that's being negated - in this case forceful contact by the telekinesis.

I think we're not done with the steakhouse owner. I think it's going to eat at him that his family may be in cahoots or even controlling the horrors. Probably the SG1 chick will use him in some strategy.

Does anyone else feel this throwdown is setting Ryuga up for having to do some kind of mid-season powerup heroic vision quest mini-arc?
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Infernoshadow211 wrote:This was a pretty awesome episode, especially with half of it being a fight but one thing bugged me at the beginning of the fight. How was that guy able to lift the soul metal sword? I'm sure they'll explain it later, but that stuff was used by the Makai Knights because it hurts Horrors pretty bad, right?
Well actually in Garo Makai Senki episode 8, the samurai horror actually picked up Rei's soul metal sword. So it doesn't matter if its a Horror or not, just as long as you can control the soul metal you can wield it.
But that surprised Rei and Silva a lot, here is like nothing happened.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

But here we are dealing with an enemy general of Kodama's caliber who managed to fight off three knights with hardly any effort, not a monster of the week.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Yes, but I don't thinkt that is related with power (if children can wield those sword, everyone can), more with will and personality. Juuzo could raise the soul metal sword because he had a some kind noble fighting will.

I bet that Sonshi can do it because he was a Makai knight (or because they forget about that detail).
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Dragonfan wrote:Yes, but I don't thinkt that is related with power (if children can wield those sword, everyone can), more with will and personality. Juuzo could raise the soul metal sword because he had a some kind noble fighting will.

I bet that Sonshi can do it because he was a Makai knight (or because they forget about that detail).
Sonshi was never a Makai Knight. He's just a plain old Madou Horror who can wield a soul metal sword.
Nijiiro_no_Ryuu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Souji Tendou
Favorite Band: Nightmare
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Orson Scott Card
Quote: 戦わなければ、生き残れない!!
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Nijiiro_no_Ryuu »

does anyone else feel like the makai knights and makai priests are all weaker than they were in kouga's day while the horrors have powered up? I feel like Rian is just sort of there for looks. i mean, compare her to Jabi and Rekka. They could destroy horrors as long as they were fairly small fry where as i feel like Rian can't even beat those.
i think that kuroblack has a good theory about the body parts being fragments of garo. it would explain why when he goes up against a madou horror he has momentary flashes of gold and then can't control the armor anymore and has to let it go back.
Sonshi definitely kicked ass. i agree that he probably wanted to test them and draw them out, as well as i think he wanted to see Ryuuga's reaction personally to the news that Kazami had been eaten. i think he probably hadn't had much fighting lately, what with staying behind the scenes, and he strikes me as the kind of guy who likes a good fight and to be in the thick of things, so he couldn't resist the temptation to fight the makai knights even though he didn't know what they were until they summoned their armor.
overall awesome episode with awesome special effects, and i really felt for Ryuuga, because now instead of being able to walk freely through the city like he had before, befriending citizens of the city, he will now have to hide out and only come out at night, like Kouga tended to do a lot, especially before he met Kaoru.
In a world where "right and wrong" are not black and white but shades of gray, one man fights to protect the innocent with the fire of his convictions.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:Yes, but I don't thinkt that is related with power (if children can wield those sword, everyone can), more with will and personality. Juuzo could raise the soul metal sword because he had a some kind noble fighting will.

Sonshi was never a Makai Knight. He's just a plain old Madou Horror who can wield a soul metal sword.
Are you sure of that because you know some spoilers?
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Sonshi just plain owned the Makai Knights. Seeing them fight in armor was fun. But seeing the actors pull some moves is just as cool. Everytime I see Sonshi's actor, Yasuaki Kurata, in action, it reminds me of his time in the HK movie, "Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Stars" with Sammo Hung and Jackie Chan. He obviously hasn't lost his skills.

Commercials are great, as usual. Now I know that Japan doesn't have any rules/policies prohibiting someone downing a brew during advertisement.

Question for the staff: for the Sansei commercial, even though the dialogue is already in English, is there some sort of agreement among the team to proceed with adding subtitles in it anyway?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Whenever there's English dialogue, a good chunk of the time it's pretty heavily accented, so we try to sub it anyway since some people might not be able to make it out. It's good for consistency's sake, but also when you're watching something and suddenly the subtitles disappear you don't think "Oh this must be English now", you think "Did they miss a line?" When your ears are hearing Japanese and automatically have been kinda tuning it out as white noise, though paying attention to inflection, etc. it's really a bit startling to have it suddenly switch languages. I nearly broke my neck with the language whiplash in an anime called Ghost Hunter where they were speaking Japanese and suddenly one character broke out in perfect American English.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”