< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by Kogashi »

Hmm, gee I wonder who that magic stone is for he says not completely surprised at all. More than looking like White Wizard's ring it reminds me of the color scheme of the Golem familiar... Anyone else remember poor little shy Golem? Was made around the same time as the Misa's Sister arc?.

Maaaan, one of these rival stories, complete with the other friend who looks like a complete jerk to everyone. When was the last time I saw this I actually forget. Still, I hope it ends well, I'm a sucker for happy endings.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Dengar wrote:Also, "Magical Healing Exlixir".

Would that refer, perhaps, to "Elixir of Life".

In other words, the Philosopher's Stone?
I knew what soma was but I never put those together O_O I feel like an idiot now because it makes perfect sense. They need a large mass of magical energy to create the stone so what better plan than to create a bunch of cannon fodder creatures that can create more cannon fodder creatures and one person who can defeat them, each time getting stronger and gaining more magical energy themselves?

Getting Haruto to All Dragon was just what they needed but him getting Infinity created the problem that he might be too strong to use. That's also why Wiseman kept Legion chained up because aside from destroying potential Gates, he could kill Dragon and wipe out Haruto's magic that they needed. At the same time, Legion was quite powerful so he could have been used for his magical energy. I'm starting to think that the process for getting the stone might kill anybody used for it. Or am I just now getting way to into my own speculations?... Yeah, I am.

Still, I don't know what Koyomi's place in this is. Is she a vessel for the stone or something like that?
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So Haruto switched careers because he injured someone in Soccer? That's interesting. I know we all switch careers in our daily lives but this one hit me hard in a different way. I did like this episode though and thought they explained a little of Haruto's past well. They established that he had a rival and compared it to Nitou's current rivalry with Haruto. I thought the girl with Haruto's first rival was so rude but I understand why she's there for him. I wonder who the guy holding the purple "Tesseract" is. Is he the Wiseman in human form? This show is getting close to it's final storyline so I won't be surprised if it is him.
kirifuda
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: super sentai
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider
Dreamy: momotaros
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: i'm gonna tear down my barriers with my own hands

Post by kirifuda »

I'm quite curious as to whom the purple ring is going to, or for what it's purpose is. Either way purple is a grand color, it really is.

( Also Kousuke keeps getting more and more adorkable is such a thing allowed?! )
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

>( Also Kousuke keeps getting more and more adorkable is such a thing allowed?! )

(Of course it is! :D I'm thinking the same of Shunpei, actually. ... And the kid has SASS. I love that. >> Haruto, Kizaki and Sora are still my favorites though.)
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm guessing not using Infinity is only to extend this out to two episodes.

And the best part about that acted dive, football players do it all the time. HA!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Hey at least there's an in-universe excuse for not spamming the final form all the time.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

After the number of times Kiva's Emperor Form was abused, I'm rather glad for that.
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

I wonder... If the plan for the Sabbath... which needs many Phantoms without an eclipse... which goal is to make a Philosopher's Stone...
Could possibly the need for many Phantoms for this "artificial" Sabbath... be to kill them all, and use their magical energies in the place of the Eclipse?

Then again.... that guy going over the despair line... never even off-handedly addressed... so maybe I'm using too much brain...
As everyone else pointed out: wtf? he's just WALKING AWAY.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

That's just a classic example of someone not reading the evil overlord list.

There's at least half a dozen rules which cover leaving heroes alive, and why not to do it.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Piurple Stone

Post by Enter the Meteor »

NOTE: This is a friend's idea. He is unable to join the forum due to the fact that his grandparents police what he does, at all times.

What if the purple stone is a ring that makes Haurto do into despair?
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Its nice to see a monster that actually gives the Riders some trouble, despite them not using Infinity or Hyper. That has been one of my biggest issues with Wizard. The monsters don't seem all that strong. Beyond Phoenix, Sora, Bahamut and Misa, none of the monsters seem to be that strong,he Dragon rings rarely felt justified against most of the MoTW. I mean even Legion didn't seem that strong, Haruto didn't even use the dragon forms. It was refreshing to see a monster that actually pushed Haruto and Nitou.

It was also nice to see Haruto relaxed at the start. I always liked him best when he wasn't being uptight and let loose a little. Touches like him playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, or pointing his gun at Nitou and saying bang are the times I've liked him the best.

Naomi was a bitch. I mean that kick and that dive are thing soccer players do all the time. Players should be prepared for that if going Pro and there really shouldn't be that bad an injury from a fall like that. Plus you see it often where a soccer player fakes an injury so I just couldn't take that knee injury seriously. The way Naomi talks about it makes it sound like Harto pushed Kazuya down and then jumped up and down on the knee. I just couldn't get behind the guilt that Haruto was feeling or the injury. It would have made a lot more sense if Kazuya had saved Haruto from getting run over and get his leg run over or something. I mean I''ve seen my little sister take bigger spills on harder surfaces than an artificial soccer field and come out fine with maybe a scrapped leg.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

@"CrazyBlaze"

CrazyBlaze wrote:Its nice to see a monster that actually gives the Riders some trouble, despite them not using Infinity or Hyper. That has been one of my biggest issues with Wizard. The monsters don't seem all that strong. Beyond Phoenix, Sora, Bahamut and Misa, none of the monsters seem to be that strong,he Dragon rings rarely felt justified against most of the MoTW. I mean even Legion didn't seem that strong, Haruto didn't even use the dragon forms. It was refreshing to see a monster that actually pushed Haruto and Nitou.

It was also nice to see Haruto relaxed at the start. I always liked him best when he wasn't being uptight and let loose a little. Touches like him playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, or pointing his gun at Nitou and saying bang are the times I've liked him the best.

Naomi was a bitch. I mean that kick and that dive are thing soccer players do all the time. Players should be prepared for that if going Pro and there really shouldn't be that bad an injury from a fall like that. Plus you see it often where a soccer player fakes an injury so I just couldn't take that knee injury seriously. The way Naomi talks about it makes it sound like Harto pushed Kazuya down and then jumped up and down on the knee. I just couldn't get behind the guilt that Haruto was feeling or the injury. It would have made a lot more sense if Kazuya had saved Haruto from getting run over and get his leg run over or something. I mean I''ve seen my little sister take bigger spills on harder surfaces than an artificial soccer field and come out fine with maybe a scrapped leg.
1. "I mean even Legion didn't seem that strong..." Yea, making people go comatose is totally nothing! Which Phantoms do you feel the Dragon Rings were not "justified" for?

2. "....pointing his gun at Nitou and saying bang...." I agree! I liked how Kousuke plays along, sometimes.

3. "The way Naomi talks about it makes it sound like Harto pushed Kazuya down and then jumped up and down on the knee. I just couldn't get behind the guilt that Haruto was feeling or the injury." Well, Naomi cares about him to an obsessive level, so it is no wounder she would exaggerate it. For your point about Kazuya's leg: I buy it. Based on Kazuya's reaction, the leg has probably had issues other then the fall. Now, onto the guilt: Haurto caused the accident that made Kazuya miss out on his dream.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Re: @"CrazyBlaze"

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Enter the Meteor wrote:
CrazyBlaze wrote:Its nice to see a monster that actually gives the Riders some trouble, despite them not using Infinity or Hyper. That has been one of my biggest issues with Wizard. The monsters don't seem all that strong. Beyond Phoenix, Sora, Bahamut and Misa, none of the monsters seem to be that strong,he Dragon rings rarely felt justified against most of the MoTW. I mean even Legion didn't seem that strong, Haruto didn't even use the dragon forms. It was refreshing to see a monster that actually pushed Haruto and Nitou.

1. "I mean even Legion didn't seem that strong..." Yea, making people go comatose is totally nothing! Which Phantoms do you feel the Dragon Rings were not "justified" for?

2. "....pointing his gun at Nitou and saying bang...." I agree! I liked how Kousuke plays along, sometimes.

3. "The way Naomi talks about it makes it sound like Harto pushed Kazuya down and then jumped up and down on the knee. I just couldn't get behind the guilt that Haruto was feeling or the injury." Well, Naomi cares about him to an obsessive level, so it is no wounder she would exaggerate it. For your point about Kazuya's leg: I buy it. Based on Kazuya's reaction, the leg has probably had issues other then the fall. Now, onto the guilt: Haurto caused the accident that made Kazuya miss out on his dream.
1. Legion in the inner world was strong but outside? Its like Haruto didn't even try. There were no Dragon forms used outside and that just makes him seem weaker. For Phantoms that felt like the Dragon rings weren't needed: Gargoyle, Valkyrie, Lizardman, and Hydra. I may be wrong since its been a while since I saw those episodes but they never felt like they were pushing Haruto. I do blame that on Haruto getting Flame dragon to beat Phoneix though. Their fights were epic and felt justified to power up. The others never did, at least to me.

2. I think my favourite Haruto moment has to be the shoe phone.

3. The thought that Kazuya's leg might have suffered previous injury is the only way I could see that injury happen but its a little hard swallow because it seems like he was never favouring it before. Even a mention that leg had been treated rough would make it much easier to believe. I can understand why Haruto would feel guilty but it just seems to be overplayed but its a show and I get it that stuff like this gets played up for drama but it still annoys me. And I understand that Naomi is obsessive about Kazuya but it still grates me.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

@"CrazyBlaze"

CrazyBlaze wrote:There were no Dragon forms used outside and that just makes him seem weaker. For Phantoms that felt like the Dragon rings weren't needed: Gargoyle, Valkyrie, Lizardman, and Hydra
1. Gargoyle: Wizard could not defeat Gargoyle when he had his petrification ability activated. Flame Dragon made it so that Wizard could break Gargoyle out of his petrification ability.

2. Valkyrie: When Valkyrie was about to hurt Matsuki, Wizard needed the speed of Hurricane Style to get to him. It it would just waste time to go into another Style.

3. Lizardman: This one is the easiest! Wizard did not want Lizardman to hurt Chizuru, and he went into the water, so Wizard decided to use the Blizzard plus the Dragon Freeze Whip attach.

4. Hydra: Wizard could have killed Hydra if Beast had not been tricked by Medusa. But, he was. Now, Sora gives Koyomi the stones to create the Land Dragon Ring and the Gravity Rings. Koyomi brings them right as he was going to finish Hydra, so he could test them out.

5. Legion: I do not know if the Dragon forms would have made a difference. I mean, he still would have been beaten, just because of how much stamina he has, plus the thrill of it all has Legion makes it way more exciting for him!

I regret how mean I was in my last response.
Last edited by Enter the Meteor on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”