Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 40 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_40

What is this? Kamen Rider Hibiki? I did enjoy the Phantom's trap though, which seemed to have more thought put into it than recent Phantoms' works.

I liked Mayu's spin and the transformation effect, but the form is kind of lame. Isn't that just the generic Riders from the movie?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 40 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was half expecting the bike to become a motorcycle when Nitou became Beast. So what happened to the bike when Akari was hit with it? I didn't see it near her and doubt the bike flew way off screen. Syphli's human form is very creepy. Toei knows how to select the creepy guys for the Phantom's human form.

As for Mayu, I was fine with her not becoming a Rider but was surprised that she did became one. Sure it's Mage from the upcoming movie but the chicks need to start out from somewhere. I know some people probably want a completely new Rider for her but I don't think that's really necessary. I do love the spin and pose from her as well. It's interesting that Mage is in the White Mage section of the TV-Asahi website but it does have Kamen Rider Mage in English for it though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I didn't notice that Mage had her own page. I guess she's in that section because they both use the shirioimahoutsukai belt.

Mage is fine as a generic nobody Rider in the movie. For Mayu though, it seems like a wasted opportunity. I mean, Mage doesn't really look too different from the Ghuls too me. For a show that makes a new monster suit every two weeks, don't you think you could have come up with something better than that?
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

I can't even tell what's going on with the primary two-episode plots in this show anymore. Seems they're getting a lot of mileage out of this concept of accidents happening and people taking blame for them. I also can't quite figure out why on Earth the kid needed to learn to ride a bike to figure out that what happened was an accident and wasn't her fault. I don't know, I'm just not feeling this episode at all.

Kousuke's love of bikes is cute though. :)
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

I am still fairly new to Kamen Rider... Wizard is only the third series I've watched, and I have really liked the design work in it. In fact that is one of the reasons I have become so enamored with Tokusatsu, because of the art and design that goes into it. I had really high hopes for a nicely designed female Rider upon Mayu's return and they give us some halfhearted attempt that looks like it has been cobbled together from leftovers lying around their workshop. Particularly when you have so much lore and imagery of women and magic to draw from... And this is what you give us! :(

However it does look like Fueki/Whit Mage is planning some kind of mage army, and maybe that explains the uninspired design, like the Riotroopers in 555? I really liked the Kousuke/Beast parts of the episode and the idea of the little boy wanting to show that he is sorry and no longer afraid. And Sylph's suit design was really good, particularly the head.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

To be fair about Mayu -- by this point in the show, the toyline's most likely over and is starting to focus on Gaimu. So, probably the only way we would've gotten a new rider is if they had brought her back earlier than this when the toys are still being produced.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

butyoumight wrote:I also can't quite figure out why on Earth the kid needed to learn to ride a bike to figure out that what happened was an accident and wasn't her fault.
He already knows it wasn't her fault. He just wanted to apologize to her, and show her that he can overcome and ride a bike as a going-away present. The bike had became a barrier between those two

Mayu's form looks like something made from elementary school. I don't know, but the mask looks very much like rough paper to me.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So we finally get a new girl Rider and she's just one of the new RioTroopers.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEE
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

C'mon, can't they at least give her a different mask or a different color for her suit? It's so sad that she's all Riotrooper-ish.

Also, poor Beast. While other Riders get a motorbike, he gets a mountain bike... Sighs.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Also, poor Beast. While other Riders get a motorbike, he gets a mountain bike... Sighs.

Personally, I think that's delightfully fitting for Beast.

But yeah, I'm noticing that either you get girly girl Riders (that are important). These are major ones like Femme or Nadeshiko or even Kivaara. Then you get the shitty ones that are indistinguishable from men like Shiki, Ibuki, etc. If it's not obvious that the character is a girl, then you've pretty much failed as a designer.

What a squandered opportunity. They could have done something pretty exciting with Mayu, but it's obvious that her substory will probably get jack all considering how little care they put into her outfit design. Toei never fails to disappoint in this regard.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

I like this episode!...that is except for two things. One of them i'm pretty sure you can guess. I HATE that fact that they are just using the outfit for Mage from the Movie fro Mayu! Can't they use like...I dunno, an original design maybe? Regardless, it's still awesome to see her show up, seeing as how she basically disappeared for so long...although by the next episode, she'll probably be dead. However this makes me more excited to see how she will fight. It's also kinda nice that she IS Mage, as it will give us a preview of how the Mage army will fight in the movie.

Also, the plot. Nearly forgot about that. I really like this plot and gate. And Phantom. And basically almost everything about it. I say almost because this is where the other problem comes in, because this would've been perfect...if not for the REALLY bad writing. Seriously, this writing is SO stupid and hammy that it's driving me crazy. What the kid is saying is stupid, and the fact that Nitou doesn't lift a finger to try and help to kid is way out of character. He just sits there and provides moral support. Except, that ain't Nitou's character. He would NEVER do that! It's just frustrating how poorly written this episode was. Bad writing aside, the actual plot of the episode is very good. The kid has good backstory, and is actually likable and a good actor, which is more than I can say than for most other child actors.

Despite my two problems with this episode, I still found it to be very good. Can't wait for part 2.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Why doesn't Beast have a bike? They've really tried in all the post decade series to give all the riders a bike.
CaptainTalon448
Adventure

Post by CaptainTalon448 »

Accel didn't have a bike, he was the bike :P
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Unpopular opinion time, but I don't know, I like Mayu's Rider design. It's very fantasy inspired and I love that. I've also decided that the Mage Riders in the movie are based on HER design, not the other way around. Also, they're movie only and she's in the canon TV-series, so... And I LOVE the fact that you can't tell that she's a girl by design alone. Those continuous close-ups on Nadeshiko's butt makes me cringe so bad... I'm hoping this will be avoided here.
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

The way Mayu's using the generic suit kinda gives me the feeling that the White Mage might be planning to make an army or that she's not long for this world could be either.

Liked how Silphi was able to listen threw the wind to hear how to drive the gate to despair though I don't get how the gate didn't figure out he wasn't in control of the bike when he did that flip but then again I also don't ride a bike so maybe that's why.

also anybody else find it kinda strange that Haruto's Infinity form isn't in the opening? I mean I can get hyper beast not being in it since he's the second rider but it just kinda feels strange that infinity hasn't appeared in the opening. Perhaps all dragon is the stronger form and Infinity is a form that's not actually supposed to exist?

Spoiler
Looks like we get another gate who overcomes despair.
lol almost put [/despair] when putting in the spoiler macro.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”