Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Re: KR Wizard 40 released

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: That... describes a lot of Rider people.
I just explained why Riotroopers are considered Kamen Riders, but the ZECTroopers aren't, even though they are similar in purpose.
locuas wrote:so, wait, they blame the girl because the boy used her bike without asking first? i understand the mother's stand, but the kid was the one who used and destroyed the girl's new bike, and it was the driver the one who ran him over. if anything, the driver should be the one in trouble.
Well, a mother would surely be protective(over, even) of her child. Akari was the adult, but she clearly wasn't thinking straight when she went and got herself distracted by the other kids.

Back to KR Mage
What's with the monster hand? You'd think Mayu would atleast have normal hands, being special and all.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Tomos wrote:I personally thought female Ixa was really good because she was used a lot
Tomos wrote:she was used a lot
Tomos wrote:used a lot
Were we watching the same show?!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Mage pretty much looks like garbage. It looks more like an upgrade to the Ghuls than a Rider
That's really the best summary for the suit. It's clearly meant to be mass produced, easy to repair, and more durable than usual in fights - basically the hallmarks of a mook suit.

That said, I'd be a lot less down on the suit if they just changed the helmet. It looks too much like White Wizard, making this a weird WW/Ghul fusion. If they had done something with the helmet that made it different from Wizard/WW, it would make the whole suit a lot better.
Gottis wrote:Those continuous close-ups on Nadeshiko's butt makes me cringe so bad... I'm hoping this will be avoided here.
That's a good point. When Toei does make a girly suit, they usually end up going too far in their design and too perverted in their camera work. So this is an improvement in that respect (the twirling beforehand not withstanding).
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Well, a mother would surely be protective(over, even) of her child. Akari was the adult, but she clearly wasn't thinking straight when she went and got herself distracted by the other kids.
yes, but she was not babysitting him, she just was returning from school (i think) and stopped to say hi. if anything, the problem would be the mother that was nowhere to be seen.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:Mage pretty much looks like garbage. It looks more like an upgrade to the Ghuls than a Rider
That's really the best summary for the suit. It's clearly meant to be mass produced, easy to repair, and more durable than usual in fights - basically the hallmarks of a mook suit.

That said, I'd be a lot less down on the suit if they just changed the helmet. It looks too much like White Wizard, making this a weird WW/Ghul fusion.
That's basically the point. The Mage suit isn't a RioTrooper version of Wizard, it's a mass produced WW form.

If I might throw out some wild speculation based off the preview
Spoiler
where it looks like WW is giving The Offer to Yuzuru
I'd start hazarding a guess that WW is trying to build some sort of mage army for himself. The exact purpose isn't quite clear, but let's go ahead and look at how this situation would work. For this argument, I'll go ahead and assume that WW and Wiseman are the same guy, but it works with them being different people as well.

1: The Sabbath. A bunch of people are sacrificed to become Phantoms, but Fueki has the Wizard rings done up in advance to play the odds that someone would survive and gain magic. Haruto hits 777s and survives, thus becomes both aware of the Phantom menace and capable of stopping it. In one move, WW has created two things: An apprentice mage, and an enemy for him to fight against and grow stronger along the way.

2: The Phantoms. If they wanted to just go on a world domination rampage, there aren't a lot of folks who could do anything about it. If they just wanted to gang up on the few people who could fight them, they could probably zerg rush Haruto at any time once they become aware of him, or do something to set him up and get him out of the picture. None of these happen, because their orders are to focus solely on finding Gates and making more Phantoms. Sora's taken to questioning this way of doing things, because all they're doing is losing against Haruto and Nitou, and the one case of actually making someone fall into despair ended with Mayu beating it.

3: The Mages. As stated, the Mage suits are blatantly mook suits, given out to people who've managed to beat their despair and gain magic like Haruto has. The purpose of the Phantoms, to me, seems to be just to go around and play the odds until these people surface. WW immediately descends upon them and gives them The Offer to become mages, and if they accept, which they have no reason NOT to at this stage, he gains a soldier. It's a slow process, but if he builds up an army this way, it doesn't really matter how long it takes.

There's still a lot of loose ends floating around with this hypothesis, of course. Koyomi's part in everything, the whole Philosopher's Stone angle, whether or not WW and Wiseman are actually the same guy or not, but from where I'm sitting, if WW is making an army of mages, this is how to do it.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I just got around to watching the CM. I guess the Japanese really like their salisbury steak? :shock:
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

Lunagel wrote:
Tomos wrote:I personally thought female Ixa was really good because she was used a lot
Tomos wrote:she was used a lot
Tomos wrote:used a lot
Were we watching the same show?!
Considering that was used in one scene in the show and one scene in the movie, I'm pretty sure you and I were watching the same show but he was watching a different one. I suppose it's possible I was totally hallucinating for long periods all like 5 times I've watched Kiva, though.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
qedins
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Post by qedins »

KR Mage: ugliest face i've ever seen for Riders. seriously, it's like
they crushed an aluminium foil dan painted it for the face.

There goes my expectation for a good female rider's form. Good (lazy)work Toei

ps: that Akari girl is cute :mrgreen:
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Mage.

Post by Enter the Meteor »

qedins wrote:KR Mage: ugliest face i've ever seen for Riders. seriously, it's like
For real!? It is supposed to look not the best, it is her trail outfit, if she passes this test (by defeating Medusa) that she may get her only belt.
There goes my expectation for a good female rider's form. Good (lazy)work Toei
It is supposed to be the White Wizard's apprentice form, I think it works!
ps: that Akari girl is cute :mrgreen:
If I was older I would try and date her, but not now.
Last edited by Enter the Meteor on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

Lunagel wrote: Were we watching the same show?!
I meant comparatively.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Haven't seen the full episode yet. But I did make sure to catch the ending when Mayu transformed. I saw this picture on Facebook and it pretty much copies how I feel.
qedins
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Post by qedins »

Mage.
qedins wrote:
KR Mage: ugliest face i've ever seen for Riders. seriously, it's like

For real!? It is supposed to look not the best, it is her trail outfit, if she passes this test (by defeating Medusa) that she may get her only belt.
I give that comment based on the face only, not the entire look. But for me,
that alone could ruin my entire feel for the riders
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Revorse wrote:Haven't seen the full episode yet. But I did make sure to catch the ending when Mayu transformed. I saw this picture on Facebook and it pretty much copies how I feel.

yeah, that's my reaction too
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It's hilarious how pretty much everyone immediately went "Riotrooper" over her terrible costume. I guess even a shoddy DekaBright-style costume was too much effort this late in the series.

I'm half-expecting Fueki turning out to be Kazaki's boss. That sure would be a twist.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

> I guess even a shoddy DekaBright-style costume was too much effort this late in the series.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be ironic, but DekaBright showed up in episode 40 of DekaRangers. Never too late~

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”