Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 41 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_41

Those of you who suspected white mage had sinister plans in mind, looks like you were right.

Looks like we got to see a decent amount of Mage's fighting, although she definitely took a step back during the main fight at the end. I wonder how many episodes it'll be before we see her again.

So we learn that white mage's full name is Fueki Sou (kanji for sou means to play an instrument, and fue means flute), but who's Fueki Kyouko?

And is Kizaki dead now? Kidnapped? Should have known that being friendly to Rinko and asking her to join your force raised your death flag, Kizaki.

Weird echo effect at the start of the episode.

Looks like Shinken's lord has got a girlfriend! I guess the stuff he wore for the show was his personal clothes. I swear he wore that on the show too.

Heh, just realized Mayu's please spell ends up being Please Now instead of Please Please.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: KR Wizard 41 released

Post by butyoumight »

Okay, this episode definitely made up for how lack-luster I felt about last week.

I was glad there wasn't any undue tension between Mayu and the main Riders. They could have gone that way, I like the idea that she's gone and become a mage on personal strength and will, and seems not to have any idea bout White Wizard's apparently less-than-savory motives.

Next Week:
Spoiler
YAY MORE SORA. I am probably the only person in the world who wants to see him teaming up with Wizard and Beast, but THAT'S WHAT I WANT.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Maybe Fueki Kyouko is Fueki Sou's twin brother? It's a common thing for magicians to be twins to pull off some of their acts. So Defend becomes Barrier and Bind becomes Chain when used by Mage or the White Mage. Speaking of the White Mage, he either is a good guy who basically does the end justifiy the means or doesn't care about anyone at all especially when using Chain to make Yuzuru unconscious. I think Nitou will try to take out the White Mage after kidnapping Yuzuru and being called useless by him.

Poor Kizaki, I hope he will come back at some point. Looking at the White Mage, he reminds me of Eternal with the Ring Holders strapped on his chest like Eternal had for the Gaia Memories.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Phoenix512 wrote:Maybe Fueki Kyouko is Fueki Sou's twin brother?
Not with that name. Twin sister maybe. Names ending with 'ko' are feminine (unless it's 'hiko' which is masculine).
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I reckon that he needs five wizards to pump Koyomi full of mana and then use that with his strange ring. I hope that he doesn't steal main villain role from Wiseman though.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Here's what was seen onscreen on the database -

Code: Select all

笛木雅也 - Fueki Masanari?
笛木カズコ - Fueki Kazuko
長男 - Eldest Son
昭和37年9月27日 - September 27, 1962 
So probably his birthdate and parents

東京都 - Tokyo
昭和37年10月5日 - October 5, 1962
父 - Father
Japanese site I looked at thinks this is probably when/where/who registered his birth

平成9年10月22日 - October 22, 1997
桐山京子 - Kiriyama Kyoko
This is probably the date of marriage. It's pretty clear Fueki Kyoko is his wife.

桐山清造 - Kiriyama Seizo?
桐山佐智子 - Kiriyama Sachiko
昭和40年6月10日 - June 10, 1965
Her birthdate and parents.

Bringing in his wife is pretty significant. Now, I don't think she's dead. Just having her killed by a Phantom would be a good catalyst but not a great one. My bet is that she is actually Wiseman and he accidentally created her by mucking around with magic so now he feels responsible.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

so......did anyone else tought Haruto and Mayu did a better team-up than Nitou? i don't know why, but for me, the fight with medusa felt extremely natural.

i should have guessed this was gonna happen to Kizaki, i was an idiot to think any police officer besides rinko was gonna be allowed to be competent and survive...

I love how the kid is still using shunpei's bike, and yet shunpei did not have more lines in this entire arc after giving the bike, he was in the previous episode just to deliver the bike.

I want a three riders henshin.

i just noticed, Haruto used the all-dragons exactly ONCE, and yet it is still in the opening instead of infinity. it makes me wonder if he is gonna used the all-dragons in the finale like Eiji did with Tajador.

i love how even white mage thinks nitou is pointless to the plot xD
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

NO THEY CAN'T KILL KIZAKI! even though there was so many death flags raised in the episode. So the White Wizard kidnaps a little boy, I seriously have a bad feeling about this. The little fight with the White Wizard and Beast was pretty good. It's sad that Beast gets owned by a flute though.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

locuas wrote:I want a three riders henshin.
That's my worst nightmare.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

locuas wrote:so......did anyone else tought Haruto and Mayu did a better team-up than Nitou? i don't know why, but for me, the fight with medusa felt extremely natural.
Yeah, one would think they've been fighting together for years.
i should have guessed this was gonna happen to Kizaki, i was an idiot to think any police officer besides rinko was gonna be allowed to be competent and survive...
So much for her transfer :(
I love how the kid is still using shunpei's bike, and yet shunpei did not have more lines in this entire arc after giving the bike, he was in the previous episode just to deliver the bike.
:lol:
I want a three riders henshin.
I'm sure that's just around the corner. :D
i just noticed, Haruto used the all-dragons exactly ONCE, and yet it is still in the opening instead of infinity. it makes me wonder if he is gonna used the all-dragons in the finale like Eiji did with Tajador.
At this point, I don't see why he doesn't use 'Infinity' every time he transforms.
I can't wait to see what he meant by 'arch-type' wizard. :?:
NAzca
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Ryusei
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: errr...
Quote: Nice to meet you~~

Post by NAzca »

ummm, i think the white mage is portion of despair maybe? or maybe evil twins of wiseman?
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:
I can't wait to see what he meant by 'arch-type' wizard. :?:
archetype = "Primordial image, character, or pattern of circumstances that recurs throughout literature and thought consistently enough to be considered universal."

He means ancient, primarily, but also I think a Mage that has an original and personal source of magic that has nothing to do with being a Gate.

At this point, I'm wondering of Khimaira is even a Phantom. I know they call him that, but is that definitely canonically proven to be true? He doesn't function like any other Phantom we've seen.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

butyoumight wrote:He means ancient, primarily, but also I think a Mage that has an original and personal source of magic that has nothing to do with being a Gate.

At this point, I'm wondering of Khimaira is even a Phantom. I know they call him that, but is that definitely canonically proven to be true? He doesn't function like any other Phantom we've seen.
Thanks :D and no he doesn't function like any other Phantom. For example what other Phantom needs mana to survive? Could it be the White Wizard doesn't need Beast, The Wizard because he won't be able to control him?
Siolence
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Siolence »

Hello~ I've been lurking and reading the discussions on here for a while, but I guess it's time to start participating. I'm going to do a predictable first-time-poster thing and drop my entire theory of the show in a single post. If you couldn't have guessed that.

I'd almost gone off Wizard after last week's episode has me interested again, mostly by confirming White Wizard as not a good guy.

Last week's reveal of Mayu's rider form was pretty awful, but I got the feeling that using the Mage costume was just a placeholder. I felt like the only satisfying thing they could do with Mayu as the series played out, was for Haruto to pass off one of his Style rings to her, when they reached the climactic battle (which I assumed would involve her betraying the White Wizard (because obvious bad guy is obvious)).
I'm think that's pretty much definite, after this week, but with the twist that it was the White guy's plan all along: assuming the original Eclipse was something he put together, he wanted to produce four magic users in the first place; as he told Mayu, they need two magic users, after herself and Haruto (as we learned, Beast is irrelevant). Hence the four Styles. Haruto wound up with all four simply by being the only survivor of the Eclipse, occasioning a quick change of plan.

As to White Wizard's ultimate goal... my guess is, based on what Lunagel posted, that his wife Kyouko died, the eclipse was a ritual to bring her back to life in a new body (that would be Koyomi). It will be his hubris about having no use for archetypal magic that will have caused his plans to go awry, and his eventual downfall as Nitou proves to be a trump against him somehow (thus vindicating Nitou's presence in the show).

Wiseman will probably still be the final thing to defeat, but which will require Haruto and his new gang of magic friends (featuring Mayu and Yuzuru) to defeat, him as Eternal and the rest using his original styles. Assuming they don't introduce two new mages in the next two arcs, I'm going to guess that Rinko and Shunpei will be the other two, after getting their mojo back somehow.

Now I've impressed you all with my wild and rambling conjecture, I'm going to go. Except to note that the last scene in Wizard will be of Shunpei falling on his face and everyone laughing at him, because what the hell else could it be?
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I like how last weeks trailer actually did turn out to be teasing us, in the sense of it made it look like Mayu was going to try and force being a mage onto the gate but in the end wound up being perfectly fine with him not wanting to be one.

This episode does raise a lot of questions, the obvious one being what the white mage did with kizaki, but I'm also curious if he counts himself in the list when he said that he needed two more mages to beat the phantoms or not.

Over all I loved how Silphi actually abducted what's her name rather than just going oh well I tried and flying off like nothing happened, sure he gave up on getting the gate himself a little to easily but still he was in a position where it didn't seem like it'd matter to him.

Kinda feel like Medusa should have mentioned that Mayu had shown up as a new mage though since not only was it a possibility that she'd get involved with the gate but did. I'll just assume she had her reasons.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”