Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 16 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_16

Wow, what the fuck are you doing, Rian? It's like one terrible judgment after another.

I guess we got a lot of plot dump, but man it was as inelegant as the lady's fighting. I dunno. The Rian/Enhou relationship was always strange, but it was probably one of the more interesting threads in this series, but none of the developments that occurred in this episode felt like it was paced very well. It was just one rapid thing after another, as if they didn't have time to reveal the story in a meaningful way.

Oh man, Burai, teaching your final technique to Rian is raising your own death flag, you know that right? I guess Rian messing around with Lago was an amusing moment.

I guess I'm not surprised that Tousei is the Horror leader. It'd make a lot of sense actually. But I also sort of still don't want that to be the case.

Where did Sonshi fuck off to? How does a man in a wheelchair push it hard enough to make an uber Horror like Sonshi fly off like that? If he can do that, why does he spend so much time in a wheelchair?!

Man, we got two different female SG1 members this episode. It's nice that they wear caps instead of helmets so we can see their faces?

Looks like the actress in the cup noodle commercial is Mizuhara Kiko, an American. What a pretty lady.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 16 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Wow, Rian, that was a dumb move. Heading to the front to confront Kensui when a bunch of SG-1 members are around...

For a moment there, I thought Burai was gonna die. Why didn't Sonshi just finish him off anyway?

Wait, Sonshi just disappeared because he got knocked over by a wheelchair? What? o.O

Huh, so it's Tousei. The bastard son decides to use Horrors to get back at the family? So if that's the case, Sonshi is being used by Tousei to control Kensui? The weird drink he gave Enhou must have been what transformed her. I think one of the forum members noted that earlier.

Here's hoping that the story telling for the second half of the series won't be so rushed like this one. I mean, we pretty much got the whole "Zedom" thing in only 2 episodes - 14 and this one.

CM: Iced cup noodles?! o.O
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

What an fight between Rian and Enhou.

So it turns out, but i'm not sure enough if Tousei was involved in controlling the Horrors. Yet still, Kensui is a human. And how did he push Sonshi with a wheelchair and a new SG-1 weapon?

Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko wrote:Where did Sonshi fuck off to? How does a man in a wheelchair push it hard enough to make an uber Horror like Sonshi fly off like that? If he can do that, why does he spend so much time in a wheelchair?!
The SG-1 Fist Bomb is attached to the wheelchair handle. But that still doesn't explain where Sonshi went after that since he was perfectly fine after the hit

Lot's of plot, Burai got a bit more screen time, and some pretty good fighting scene. But I agree, the pacing is awkward and it's like they purposefully make Rian an idiot this episode

Lago refusing Rian as its master is funny

Can't wait for next episode
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yes, let's give up these silly "guns" that can kill people at long range and use short-range combat weapons that explode violently! It worked so well in Final Fantasy!

Okay writers, if you want me to believe in Enhou and Rian's bromance then you have to actually sell it to me. One episode like 10 episodes ago does not cement it, you need to show me more. I really can't believe that Rian is that attached to Enhou after such a short period of time but this episode seems to cement that she's thick as a brick so maybe I can believe it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Jesus what the fuck at that end. To be honest, I didn't see it coming at all.

Also, Aguri looks boss in a suit.
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

I kind of saw the reveal of reveal coming simply because Tousei hasn't been seen in like 6 episodes or so and they really were trying to push Kensei as the mastermind a bit too hard. As for Sonshi, he did a tactical retreat since it was inevitable, at that point, that the Makai team was going to find out the truth. Now we just need the backstory between Sonshi and Burai.

James
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Hey! I've already watched episode 16 but... why is there an opening credits for episode 15 before it starts?

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oops, busted. Takenoko missed the opening of 16 when we recorded this week so we spliced on 15's opening.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I was expecting Burai was going to die after he raised the death flag and then went in alone to confront Sonshi and Kaneshiro. Man, that was one of the dumbest team tactics ever -- three Knights to distract the mooks so that two Priests can take down the Horrors alone?

Enhou was a major character at the beginning of the series, I have a feeling she'll stay on till near the end where either she is cut down by Rian, or somehow gets changed back into human. Or perhaps remains as a Madou Horror but somehow regains her humanity and carries out the ultimate sacrifice trope to save the world or something.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

I actually did not see it being Tousei

When I heard it I screamed WHAT?
But it does make sense since that weird ass scene where Enhou and Tousei was just lying there and stuff.
However they made it seem like he wasn't, since SG-1 did went after him or sort of did, and that whole scene where he was in the car with Sonsei and Ryuga fighting in the back.
They made it seem like he wasn't due to the fact that he took so much risks with that.
It also explains why he never actually got killed or eliminated by his dad Kensei, also why his other son kept a picture of him and his dad, if he were to hate the fact that he was a madou horror, why keep a picture of the person that turned you?

It was shocking in some sense but also made sense too.

The scene with Enhou and Rian was so ._. what

And I was totally expecting Burai with the whole I'll teach you my final technique, and he went in alone too >_>
Spoiler
But the preview show he might next episode so :D
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I still don't see it clearly. What about the scene with Sonshi and Kaneshiro in episode 12? Kaneshiro didn't seem forced, and its like Sonshi is at his orders. Maybe we have another plot twist and Kaneshiro is actually controlling the horrors without being one of them. I mean, Burai said that Madou horrors has to obey to the injector, but he didn't say that the injector has to be an horror.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

Dragonfan wrote:I still don't see it clearly. What about the scene with Sonshi and Kaneshiro in episode 12? Kaneshiro didn't seem forced, and its like Sonshi is at his orders.
Maybe it was just a control thing. I mean Kensei could of just been the leader of the city and got surprised and had no idea what was going on. And Sonshi was pretending to be under Kensei and was really a spy for his son.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

At the beginning of this series it was told that Vol City had been built on an ancient ruins. Kaneshiro might have excavated something and found Zedom secret during the construction of the city. For the timeline to be plausible it should have happened long before Ryuuga got his hand on Garo armor.
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

Also, if you haven't figured out how they're turning people into Madou Horros then you haven't been paying attention because they just made it pretty obvious.

James

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”