Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 18 released

OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 18 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

Did anyone notice they used that same scene for this episode for the episode 1? Just had to point this out:
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

My god, this episode just has so much going on!

Epic battle choreography for human-mode and the CGI battles were epic! Tie in the G-S-B to the CGI, you have a pretty good way to fight and break things without actually breaking anything *aside the checkbook*.

SO MUCH HAPPENED IN THE LAST FOUR MINUTES OF THE SHOW! And a lot of it deals with blood!

For a second there, I thought Aguri was going to lose his head, literally, to Rivera.

God, I CANNOT wait for the next episode!! I WANT IT OUT NOW!

On a side note, the commercials
Spoiler
this time showed an interestingly funny movie about a shipwreck, I kinda hope to find that subbed sometime. Anyone catch the name of it?
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I feel like Sonshi should have used a different body part for his sais than his thumbs as one would assume that they'd be hard to hold without them.

that being said, I also am guessing that Aguri got the weakest opponent since let's face it takeru got an elite cop as an opponent and Ryuuga was fighting Sonshi and we all know Sonshi's the strongest of them. How ever Aguri his opponent was a newscaster it's not like she could be compared to the former two since why would she need to know how to fight like those two.

The scenes where Takeru cut his hand off and Ryuuga took Sonshi's sword to the face was just wow. Did not see either of those coming.

Also it may just be me but it looks like Ryuuga's sword landed in the building where he fought his first Madou horror.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

dekamaster wrote:I feel like Sonshi should have used a different body part for his sais than his thumbs as one would assume that they'd be hard to hold without them.
The body parts have tended to regenerate immediately after the weapons are torn off, so it's not like it really matters where they come from.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

As soon as Garo-ken landed in that lobby the way it did, I knew something bad was about to happen to Ryuuga.

I find it kind of funny how Ryuuga is always missing his trenchcoat when they do that "inside the armour" thing. I think it's a tradition with Kouga, too, but I can't be bothered to redownload the original series to check. :p
robinosuke
Shinobi
Shinobi
Favorite series: Kakuranger, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger, Garo,KR W
Dreamy: ♥Yayoi & Rian ♥
Favorite Band: JAMProject,Project R
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Nanika wo eru tame ni wa, Nanika wo sutenakya~
-Basco ta Jolokia

Post by robinosuke »

"The One to Shine Light Into the Darkness", I think it refers to Ryuuga. he's getting awesome once he is blinded.

chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

For all the headaches this show has given me this season, this one was pretty cool and a memorable. To see a hero get attacked in the eyes and wipe out his vision, now that's something you don't see (pun intended) often. Kudos for the writers to come up with this idea. And I'm with everyone with saying how cool it is for Sonshi to use sai weapons. Poor Takeru for having to get his arm cut off too. His acting is a little over the top still but whatever since he was over the top in Gokaiger as well. I wonder what is up with this little girl and what role she plays. The main thing I didn't like was the obvious CGI backgrounds. They look very fake and it reminded me of the Star Wars prequels.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

Does anyone know why they chose to use CGI effects, instead of using costume actors? I mean using CGI for the fight scenes have to be costing a nice some of cash. This isn't a movie with a "budget", this is a weekly t.v. series.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I assume they didn't want to make the suits, which would take time and money to make plus extra scenes to film. With CGI it's probably about the same cost, but the difference is that they can outsource it and they don't have to to any work themselves.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I also think you couldn't do some of the stuff you been seeing in the series so far with real suits.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Dragonfan wrote:And about the commercials...

Spoiler
Rin in Tougen no fue!
My god you're right, I hadn't even noticed! :o I'm happy now.

Good eye Sir! :)
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Lunagel wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_18

HOLY SHIT HE TOOK A SWORD TO THE FACE THAT WAS CRAZY AWESOME

I was going to comment on the Shatner-esque level of Tousei chewing the scenery and the really irritating CGI along with Takeru losking his hand like a badass but it was all blown away by the HOLY SHIT

TO THE FACE
Exactly my thoughts.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Back in Chapter of the Black Wolf, Kouga let a guy live he was about to kill because he wanted to kill a bunch of girls to forge a body for a Horror he loved. This reminds me of that guy, and made me remember that there are people who are evil in this show who aren't Horrors. I wouldn't have minded if Aguri shot him in the leg, but knocking him to the side was a little satisfying for doing that to Enhou!

WHOA! Now he's seeing red; we still got 7 episodes for episode 25 which may be the last, but seeing those awesome 4 minutes(which reminds me, isn't the time limit 99.9 secs) makes me not wanna wait! It's not fair!
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

I really love how this series doesn't follow any of the traditional tropes that one would expect from toku and other modern dramas...

Enhou - Seemed initially that she'd be the sort of love interest/ sexual tension love/hate type with Ryuuga but... well... that happened
Tousei - Really tiny part, seemed super insignificant (besides being the illegitimate son) but it was played down enough that I really didn't see his twist coming

Just in this episode, Takeru being the one to take the hit from the plant. If ever it wasn't Ryuuga, it normally would've been Rian who is sort of the semi-love interest. Once he was stabbed, I then pretty much expected the super-badass-former-ally-turned-villain-who-is-10-times-stronger-as-a-bad-guy trope, but nope! Cuts his arm off. Especially considering it was the last plant (though I somehow doubt this too). All in all, great series, and I can't wait to see how it wraps up.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Dear God. I literally screamed when Ryuuga got stabbed in the face. That was some scary shit.
Enhou's, uhm, obedience, is incredibly disturbing. Tousei sucking on her face only adds more squick to it.
Well, this entire season is full of dark moments. Original Garo was typical sci-fi setting, with the regular dose of good versus evil. Makai Senki showed more of the lore behind the story, as we see more of the good guys. Now, all we see is an almost hopeless fight against an enemy practically all too powerful.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”