< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kamen Rider Wizard in Magic Land released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Magic_Land

Goddammit Koyomi, again?! How many plots can one person be magical McGuffin for?

So last year we had the Go-Busters at Tokyo Tower and this year we're at Skytree? Upgrades ~

Magic Land is seriously the coolest world ever. You can fly on brooms, play with magical familiars and hang on, my ring is ringing.

Koyomi and Haruto's reactions to everyone transforming were priceless, but I still hate the Mage costumes. Especially later when you have Shunpei and Rinko fighting against 5 other guys, it quickly becomes a game of "wait... who am I rooting for?"

Hello Phoenix!

lol, mayo fishing, that's just amazing.

Bye Phoenix!

So this was actually a pretty good movie, nice action, good humor, decent plot. My only problem is with Sorcerer's motivations. Sure, he's a Phantom, but that doesn't automatically mean he wants to make more Phantoms. Most of the Phantoms in the show seem like they could care less, so I don't really know what he was after. Also, the big sinister guy dressed in black is the bad guy, what a shock!

Donuts Now!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kamen Rider Wizard in Magic Land released

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it's the distance from the TV series (Seeing as how I'm watching the movie months after the TV series ended) but I enjoyed this movie a lot. The Magic Land setting is pretty great. It makes me wish some of the wonder of magic actually transferred to the TV series. (I mean, think about MagiRangers. Magic was a fun thing that allowed people to do a bunch of neat stuff, which happens in Magic Land. In the TV series, magic is 99% used for battle, which is boring)

Was anyone fooled by the "twist" at the end of the movie? From the throne scene, it was obvious that Sorcerer had thrown that lightning spell at Haruto. I was surprised that the boy who met Koyomi was the king, but it wasn't exactly the biggest revelation. Padme being the queen in Episode I was a surprise too, but didn't matter since it had no impact upon the story or the characters.

Anyway, it was sort of obvious that Ohma was Sorcerer from the beginning, and any attempt that the story makes to hint that Maya was the real villain seemed misguided. Also, what kind of name is Maya for a dude?

Maya's substory might have been more sympathetic or interesting, but there wasn't any depth there.

Didn't realize the girls who were kidnapped were Kamen Rider Girls till I saw the credits.

Man, I hated the Mage suit in the TV series, and even more so here, now that there are a billion of them. I'm sure it's super hard to design and make these suits, but eeh.

I kind of wish the Elite Guard Captain had more stuff to do. He was cool, and it's great to see Ban again, but he only really shows up twice. It would have been pretty sick if they had cast a MagiRanger in that role though.

I disagree about the motivations. The Phantoms only seem to care about making more Phantoms. There were a few that didn't give a damn, but most of them seemed drawn to this one motivation.

I also sort of like that the AU aspect of the summer movie is baked into the plot of the main movie. All the stuff that happened fits into the TV series, which I like.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

No big final battle at all (i like most is W forever).

It's very obvious that Haruto and Koyomi are different from Magic Land since Ohma/Sorcerer turns the world into magic. He sure is the golden mage.

A little trivia: I don't even know that the actor of Ohma is older than Gaoh of Den-O ore tanjou (or Taiga of Garo).

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I feel sort of in the middle because mostly of the work I had to do with this movie but I have other concerns with this movie.

Sorcerer must somehow know Koyomi had the Philosopher's Stone within her. Only Wiseman and maybe Sora could have known about Koyomi at this point. So this random Phantom knew about it and was using Rings as well which brings me to this point. Sorcerer being a Phantom could have been more interesting. Was he an artificial Phantom like Wiseman/Fueki or just decided to experiment with using Rings? They could have made him more interesting but didn't.

I like the idea of an all magic world and have Haruto destroy it to save everyone but feels lacking.

And once again, Haruto pulls out a Ring with no explanation of how he got it. Speaking of Finish Strike, why didn't he use that when he battle with Fueki at the end of Wizard? That would have been a better finish.

The part about Maya being a muggle was something I didn't expect. I thought Shiina had some more importance but I guess he's just the kid we need to put in the movie.

As for the Mage suits, I don't really have a problem with it. I'm sure the guards and Ban had capes which Ban had a different cape from the rest. I guess Toei didn't want to reveal the different color Mage suits until later in the series.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Is this the director cut version?
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Does it say Director's Cut?
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

I was just thinking about this movie the other day, & boom! Here it is!
Last edited by HarryFA1 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Lunagel wrote:Does it say Director's Cut?
Well the file name does not, but since you guys have a tendency to wait for the DC, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Since when we ever went like, "Let's just wait for the eventual DC even though the original version is out already." It's never by the way.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Closest I can think of is Go-busters but those came together so it's prolly a different scenario.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Phoenix512 wrote:Since when we ever went like, "Let's just wait for the eventual DC even though the original version is out already." It's never by the way.
Really? I actually remember reading somebody saying something similar??

Well anyway since you guys like this release I might as well watch it.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Looks like a line got messed up between fqc and distro. At 24:23 Phoenix should be saying "You guys are too late." but instead the line uses Haruto's "I will save him". Sorry about that!
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

Im kinda iffy on the whole movie
since there was no depth on the phantom Ohma or w/e
the beginning scenes were kinda like, how did he get so much rings/belt from in the first place, and a ring to recreate a whole world?
using Koyomi to make it kinda makes sense since she is the philosopher's stone
the whole Maya situation was kinda iffy too since it wasn't explained why he doesn't have magic
like did his phantom get destroyed or something?
The scenes with Shiina i didn't care about either since like, he didn't really add anything into the story besides "Oh people disappears im sad" and the scene with the phantom
It was really weird to me that Nitou(Beast) basically knew everything about the underworld and destroying the phantom on the inside but him doing that pretty much means he knows Shiina wouldn't have magic for the rest of his life, but that wasn't brought up until the scene with Koyomi
The whole flower ring thing was really forced, like Haruto reaching for it like it would save his life
The finale was really weird as Infinity didn't do much except for the infinity dragon kick strike, he literally just went into infinity, he had the infinity axe/sword but did nothing with it and it just went to OH WE'RE BOTH GOING TO USE OUR FINISHING MOVE NOW
Also the fact Haruto had infinity the whole time but never used it until the ending

I guess the movie was cool and all but I just find it doing unnessasary stuff through most of it
The thing with the magical system was kinda obvious, where the bad guy gathers all of said power at one location to do something crazy
I kinda didn't expect the whole king situation but then i kinda spoiled it for myself with leaked pictures so i kinda figured he wasn't the gold magician
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

The movie itself was decent overall. what i expected to see but didnt was an appearance from Gaim. this probably means absolutely nothing but if you shorten the name of the magic gathering system you get the acronym MEDS. it seems like nobody cares about taking there vitamins huh. i agree with dat on the infinity ring. it just felt forced or tacked on at the last second and just used to finish the bad guy.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

That awkward moment when the music video is more appealing than the movie.

Seriously, I was hoping this movie would redeem Wizard somehow. Nope, still diappointed.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”