ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: Kamen Rider Wizard in Magic Land released

Post by Mandalori »

No, Sorcerer's purpose is to make a world where everyone (or almost) is a Mage, so a Gate, so that he can make more Phantoms. He just needed the most-powerful being (powerful by authority) to not being able to use Magic so he would hate Mage and want to kill them all, and, just in case, not being able to do anything against him and distract his enemy so that they would target Maya instead of him. And it worked. It's just that Haruto is immune to despair, or more like he can overcome it rather quickly.
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

I can't help but feel guilty that despite hoping the movie would be better than the series, the whole time I was comparing it to other movies.

Example, the opening action sequence to set-up the movie I compared to W:Memories from A to Z. The group NEVER actually attacked for a reason that was eventually explained. Here..., we need a set-up for the set-up :lol:

The not using more powerful forms was kind of understandable at some points. At least for me. Using Dragon forms have higher mana upkeep and going Infinity on people you don't intend to hurt much less go all-out on is a big no-no.

Beast being smart was great. Eccentric yet smart. Makes me wish that was canon Beast, though it's subtle, I really appreciate the difference.

For the emotional climax... I'd have to say that OOO's had it better. Honestly, some might say i was plot magic but OOO's emotional moment was just... It was really good for me. Koyomi taking that rock to the head then causing the mob to stop made no sense. Would most mobs stop at something like that? Wouldn't they just stone her along with him?

Last battle and power-up... I have to refer to Fourze. Though it was kind of awkward with Fourze, at least we know what that power-up symbolized and where it came from. It was a pretty legit power-up as far as I'm concerned. Haruto just seemed to pull out new rings... like magic. O.o
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I think Nitou really shines in this movie.

That is all.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This was a fun little movie to watch. I enjoyed laughing at the insanity. From Haruto's reaction to being shoved aside during the Phantom attack to Nitou fishing for mayo. That was a *WTF?!* kind of thing there, and then dumping it just moments later.

Spoilers for those who haven't seen it, and also to cover my ass because it pertains to a certain fuchsia colored rider.

Spoiler
I think that out of all the Riders in the Heisei era, Wizard is the only one that actually destroyed a world. How's that for irony? took 5 years or so after Decade *the destroyer of worlds* for a Rider to destroy a world. Sure, there was countless and immeasurable amounts of collateral damage, but destroying a world?

The ending was moving though.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Since today was donut day, it seemed a good time to watch this.

That movie was actually decent. The alternate world was okay, certainly much better than the 52-53 special. Weird having the hero destroy a world. (You know aside from Decade who wasn't doing it intentionally.)

The movie actually makes me wish there were a lot more through-away rings that did mundane things in the actual show.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

This is totally stand alone movie.. No reference or bridge to connecting Gaim...

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”