Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Wizard 48 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

To wager a guess about Mayu... it's probably Tsuyoshi Kida's fault. I think Lynxara (from HJU) made a good point once in that Junko Komura seems more inclined towards writing the secondary riders whilst they likely get ignored in Kida's episodes (despite Kida being y'know, the head writer >.>).
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

You mean like the time when Nitto was randomly snoozing somewhere and Haruto was like "Hey, wanna be in this episode?".
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Likely so, though I totally forget which episode that was. xP
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Wait, is Wizard getting a longer run than previous Riders?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

ProxyProxy wrote:About Chimera, I think Fueki did create him, he created his Phantom so Chimera must be an experiment, that's why Fueki knows Chimera. Fueki got fed up about Chimera and get rid of him. I hope Fueki did create Chimera otherwise that will be a plot-hole.
About people who needs to store a Phantom to be a Wizard, that's explain Chimera and his curse, without being a Gate and the ability to have mana, Fueki get rid of Chimera cuz he got fed up of this Phantom eating his mana...
Have you watched the previous episodes?
You're not fully following the show, which is probably why you're disappointed with it.
Beast is a primordial mage. That means Khimaira (or Chimera, if you insist) is ancient. So, there's no way he got anything to do with Fueki.
How on Earth did you get that idea?
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

Why would a scientist's first thought be "I'm going to turn myself into a phantom". How do you even do that? A flashback would've sufficed. This just seems really hand wavy, like they were forced to explain in any capacity how this makes sense. Then again, looking at his expression when Haruto was arguing with him, I guess he's just insane. Then again, anybody who makes a puppet shaped like his daughter and gives her to some random guy so that he'll give her magic energy with his belt must have something wrong with him. It just seems needlessly more complicated.

Overall, this episode didn't feel satisfying. Predictable plot points, poor use of the extra mages (why they couldn't have used some of those suits in the movie i'll never know), and it makes me wonder how we still have 5 more episodes left.
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

He didn't turn himself into a Phantom though, his ability to change into his 'Wiseman' form comes from him putting a Phantom into his body as that's the only way to actually be a Mage. That does still leave us with a scientist going 'welp, that didn't work, now let's try MAGIC!' but still, it's different from changing into a Phantom, he injected an artificial phantom into himself as it seems, before that, he wasn't even Gate material.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You missed the point when Koyomi was reading Fueki's diary which he mentioned that every treatment has failed. He didn't immediately go to the magic route as you think he did.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Nah I just abridged that part, didn't miss it or forget it.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

Phoenix512 wrote:You missed the point when Koyomi was reading Fueki's diary which he mentioned that every treatment has failed. He didn't immediately go to the magic route as you think he did.
I mean, it just seems like a large step between science and magic. I know he tried with medical methods, but I just wonder what inspired him to try magic. I don't know, it seems a tad farfetch'd for a scientist to try doing that kinda stuff.
Last edited by ShadowThePika on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Barim wrote:Wait, is Wizard getting a longer run than previous Riders?
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=13406
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So Todoroki joins Zanki as the latest Hibiki alumni to become a Rider in another show. And we even saw Ibuki earlier during the season too. Interesting. Anyways, one thing I didn't like in this episode was how Mayu somehow became a worthless character after she had previously shown off an ability to be a Rider and defend herself. What the hell happened? And yeah, the boy that Nitou saved pops out of nowhere and causes mayhem to him. I thought this was kinda random. I understand it's to give Nitou something to do but I felt like this wasn't the way to go. I want to see the secondary Rider to do something cool late in the series again. But the main plot with Koyomi and the Philosophers Stone sounds pretty cool and makes sense and him deceiving everyone has changed my opinions on all of the Mages that he tricked. What happened to Sailor Moon? She disappeared quickly after her appearance in the beginning.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

ShadowThePika wrote:Why would a scientist's first thought be "I'm going to turn myself into a phantom". How do you even do that? A flashback would've sufficed. This just seems really hand wavy, like they were forced to explain in any capacity how this makes sense. Then again, looking at his expression when Haruto was arguing with him, I guess he's just insane. Then again, anybody who makes a puppet shaped like his daughter and gives her to some random guy so that he'll give her magic energy with his belt must have something wrong with him. It just seems needlessly more complicated.
There's a few more episodes left. Don't be too quick to think that they'll never explain it and show any flashback later. A lot of the previous series did that.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I really don't want to do the kids' show angle again, but the writers probably aren't really putting that much detail into the story because it's a kids' show.
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

MarcosPMA wrote:Hell, the weekly Phantoms were more of a villain than Wiseman ever was.
Really? That guy messed up with the live of countless people, making they fell in despair and kill each other. All this because he refuse to accept that his daughter died. That one can be called villian.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”