Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 22 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_22

Another one bites the dust. Rivera had a lot of interesting moments in this episode. I loved how battered she is at the start, then downs a health potion and is instantly better. The bit with her tongue still bleeding and using it to find the good guy's hideout was also a nice touch.

How did Tousei know that Rivera died? And doesn't he know about Takeru's girlfriend? Why hasn't Takeru moved her out of the city yet? When they met up, he should have said "Things are really bad, you need to get out of here now"

Some weird pacing issues with this episode. So we find out that Ryuuga's mom is about to become a Horror, then everyone runs off to do their missions. ??? And then at the end, we see a big send off, and Burai jumps in the hole, and.... and... Nothing, commercial break. That was super jarring, what was wrong with the editor. You sure you don't want to ease the viewer out with a tracking shot or something? Nope, straight to commercial.

I liked Burai's shield a lot. Too bad he gets it for only one episode, and doesn't actually use it to deflect demon kanji. He's still smacking those things away with his brush.

Man, does everyone hate Tousei.

Pretty good Ryuuga and Burai moment. In one episode Ryuuga loses one parent figure and learns he's about to lose the other. Rough.

The episode kanji means thanks/to bow 礼. It's also the second kanji in Burai's name. If done on purpose, nice!

It's pretty funny that SG-1 seems to run on a matriarchy. I guess when you're a woman, you don't need to where a faceless mask!

Has the Garo writer not been paying attention to Wizard? Those lines are already in another toku show!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 22 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Less good episode.

That's too many kanjis where Burai uses against Zedom. Oh my god... that Hakana, it worries me if she is to become a Horror. Seems that Hakana can't walk like that... i see... probably because of her eyes.

I didn't know Rivera is to track his lost tongue to Burai's base. And after Garo cut her down, why is she opens her eyes even if she dies??? Kinda weird.

What is that shield after wearing a soul metal (probably a glove?)
Takeru is again with Rui... reunited with her again and why is she keeps smiling at him. And what if Rui is Takeru's girlfriend.
takenoko wrote:Man, does everyone hate Tousei.
I think they haven't noticed yet whether they hate Tousei or not... since the three Makai Knight are not on the wanted list.

I've just heard the first ending song with a second verse. (Oh yeah! just like the original Garo ending song by garo project).

Spoiler
Next week: fought against Sonshi and finally... Garo's armor is to shrine it's brilliance. two episodes left plus one recap.

zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Eh, the pacing is so weird.

All that aside, I was hoping that Takeru's fist would merely be a fist, and not some prosthetic hand. It kinda sucks that they 'restored' his hand in this manner. When I first saw the shield-like form of the fist, I wished that it would be retained when he dons his armor. It would be kind of cool to see a 'sword-and-shield' knight. There isn't any Makai Knight that has a sword-shield combi, right?

And, 22 episodes in... not sure if I missed it, but they haven't explained WHY/HOW Garo lost his golden brilliance, haven't they?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I really don't think the why of Garo losing his brilliance is that important. If they bring it up at the very end and it has a satisfying explanation, great gravy. But if they never explain it or it just ends up being Garo's armor is old and worn down, that's fine too with me.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

Eh, really? The lack of an explanation is actually bugging me a lot for some reason.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

In episode 1, Ryuuga specifically says that the Garo armor lost it's golden brilliance after it lost its previous owner (i.e. Kouga died)
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

prsentai wrote:In episode 1, Ryuuga specifically says that the Garo armor lost it's golden brilliance after it lost its previous owner (i.e. Kouga died)
No he didn't. He merely said it has lost its former master and brilliance.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko wrote:How did Tousei know that Rivera died?
Shoshi's eye can be detached and fly off to act as "surveillance camera". It's also probably how they know Enhou died and that Burai and the knights are coming
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

Omg that one scene with Hakana at the empty building with everyone was so bad.
She instantly called out to Burai and she looked straight at him.
The blindness act is kinda bad :/.

I just saw so much flags for Burai's death it was kinda of like O_O OKAY I GET IT HE'S GONNA DIE.
Or maybe that was on purpose and they ended up making him survive and or getting him possessed by Zedum or something like that.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Another good episode that I enjoyed. Sad that Ryuga's mom is becoming a Horror though. What's worse is that I'm getting this feeling that Ryuga is going to cut down his mother with his own hands.

By the way DaVinci030, I like your profile pic ^^

Preview:
Spoiler
Yay! Gold Armor is back, sad that they have to kill Sonshi though. He was my favorite Horror ever since he won the 3v1 match.
Last edited by OOOKaiser on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The part where Takeru is just yelling "TOUSEI!" and Tousei doesn't even bat an eye, he's just like "Yo." I was dying. I shouldn't enjoy Tousei as much as I do but I think the actor realized he could get away with damn near anything and so he's just having fun. He's chewing the hell out of the scenery but I just love him more for that.

Am I the only one getting death flags for Takeru? He did the whole meeting-up-with-girlfriend thing and talking about what they'll do after this.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

So Ryuuga's mother is to become a horror? It's kinda sad for me.
Yaiba wrote:Shoshi's eye can be detached and fly off to act as "surveillance camera". It's also probably how they know Enhou died and that Burai and the knights are coming
Sometimes Sonshi controls the left eye to fly off... as always.
OOOKaiser wrote:By the way DaVinci030, I like your profile pic ^^
Thanks.

MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I wasn't annoyed at the pacing, but cringed at some of the acting -- when Ryuuga learnt his mother was becoming a horror, and while Burai had his moment with Ryuuga before heading to Zedom.

Anyone notice Rivera didn't disappear also, but returned to human form when she was killed? Wonder if they just skipped the CGI, or it was intentional.

When Burai said many priests died to build the foundation of the statue, I thought it raised a flag that Hakana is going to sacrifice herself to restore the statue to prevent Zedom's awakening.

But who cares about all that now, I just want to see the awesome Sonshi fight that's going to happen next episode! :)
LightningZERO
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by LightningZERO »

Ryuga is going to kill his mother to regain Garo's golden shine...that would be too sad

Burai is not dead (yet), I wonder if the knights will beat Zedom, weaken it enough so Burai can seal Zedom again from inside?

Episode 23 is gonna rock! (and probably sad too)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>When Burai said many priests died to build the foundation of the statue

Yeah, that line is always tricky in Japanese. Burai literally said that the priests died to become the foundation stone of the statue. Knowing this show, that's probably more literal than metaphorical.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”