Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizaaaaard
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
kuroblack
Go Go!

Re: KR Wizard 49 released

Post by kuroblack »

nowadays I often fell like I have to force myself to watch Kamen Rider series till the end. The old "kaizou ningen" format has been long gone. I believe Blade is probably the last tragic hero. The only story aspect that stays similar until now is the fact that rider power is originally created by the enemy.
The_Shang
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by The_Shang »

kuroblack wrote:nowadays I often fell like I have to force myself to watch Kamen Rider series till the end. The old "kaizou ningen" format has been long gone. I believe Blade is probably the last tragic hero. The only story aspect that stays similar until now is the fact that rider power is originally created by the enemy.
I believe Kuuga, Agito, Hibiki and OOO would like to have a word with you :)

also, first post!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I feel as though if there ever really was people dying and turning into phantoms in-front of Haruto he will also fall into despair and turn into a phantom. Medusa said it herself as Mayu was in despair. So the show really couldn't let anyone die without having some sort of weird depression plotline.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Fuck it. Haruto is full autist. I can't believe the writers make him say that he is okay with dying, knowing that the others wizards will die as well.

Good old Beast. Turning jobbing into an art form.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I really don't get how Khimaira devouring the airborne magical energy ended the Sabbath, much less saved anyone. Shouldn't him slurping it all up have killed the people it came from faster?

The only real explanation I can think of is "it's 2013, Toei would never go through with a civilian genocide these days."

Really, the best thing to come out of this series was Missing Piece by Kamen Rider Girls.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

I think Khimaira was actually devouring the Eclipse spell (called that name long ago!) and all the force lines which were enacting the Sabbath; once that "infrastructure" magic was devoured, the ritual event fell apart. Maybe a little of what he ate had been initially sucked out of any gates in the city, but I think at least 90% was the Eclipse ritual.

I thought Haruto should have been a little smarter about what was going to happen. He was one of the many people kidnapped by Fueki (who located the potential gates HOW before he had Medusa?) and put thru the first sabbath. Haruto should have realized that Fueki was going to try to Phantomize a lot of other people; at no point did he just say "I'm going to cast a new ritual that uses your 4 lives to revive my daughter." No, he said Sabbath 2.0.

I thought Nitou breaking his own power source as a desperate move was awesome. IMHO it was up there with Blade doing what he did to deal with his show's final crisis. I have really grown to like him, at least once they stopped the mayo gags. (Mayo needs to be refrigerated, dammit!)

It's true they don't let people actually die anymore. My thinking is that they're just not allowed to have such violence on TV anymore. I know Naoko Takeuchi was saying in a recent interview that some of the stuff in the original Sailor Moon anime would not fly nowadays (like the drunk episode). At least though, we've had this really consistent plot.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Alessar wrote:It's true they don't let people actually die anymore. My thinking is that they're just not allowed to have such violence on TV anymore. I know Naoko Takeuchi was saying in a recent interview that some of the stuff in the original Sailor Moon anime would not fly nowadays (like the drunk episode). At least though, we've had this really consistent plot.
I'd be very curious to see how Gen Urobochi handles Gaimu.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yay, nighttime fighting! It never gets old.:)

Though at this point it will be interesting to see how they stretch out the series for another 4 episodes. It doesn't seem like there's 4 episodes of material left to contend with.
MadCow wrote:
takenoko wrote:Also, I thought they were trapped because their right hand were chained up, but it's actually their left hands which are used to do a transformation. Can't Mayu just change into Mage and break away?
Blame it on budget, and they just fished those props out of some random prop discard room? I notice the chains looked like they were just plastic props, and there's no way those extra-large bands could hold someone's wrist -- the actor could just remove his ring and slip his hand right through.
Those were indeed the worst shackles ever. We've had bad props in KR before, but I struggle to think of props that unrealistic. At the very least they should have done a better job of hiding just how oversized the bands were.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Catastrophe wrote:Fuck it. Haruto is full autist. I can't believe the writers make him say that he is okay with dying, knowing that the others wizards will die as well.

Good old Beast. Turning jobbing into an art form.
Or the writers don't care anymore and just want to get it over with.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

But that shouldn't be a problem. The writers should not be in that kind of state. It's these strange characterisation problems I have with Wizard, and its usually due to the idiotic writing.
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

mmm... look at that blue screen. It's terrible. But this show is made on the cheap.

Anyways, deus ex khimaria saves the day, and Wizard teleports to battle despite having all his energy just sucked out of him. I dunno, the khimaria thing felt unsatisfying. While the sacrifice was noble, it didn't have enough weight or build up to it. The one scene with him was in the same episode. And now that kousuke is free, his life is spared, so it's a good thing he lost his powers? And where are the other 3 mages? Anyways, speaking of, why didn't haruto talk with mayu more about being sacrificed? did he REALLY think everyone'd be cool with it?

I was hoping Koyomi would've tried to escape, saying she isn't his daughter anymore, and fueki saying that once she completes it, he WILL be, with no memory of anything the puppet had, just to make the stakes higher and give her some development. Would that be odd and forced? Yeah, but it's kamen rider. You learn to deal with ridiculousness (like a flying lion zord... wait... reminds me of Gaolion. Tried to find picture of them running on rainbow to clarify, but internet was fresh out. Although... Khimaria looks alot like...http://poweranimals4.tripod.com/gunmetalzord.jpg)
Last edited by ShadowThePika on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

I wouldn't really call the whole Khimaria as Deus Ex Machina. It's been established that the belt housed Khimaria, it also was established that Khimaria is a hungry hungry beast. There was some foreshadowing to this. Not like in the recent series of Doctor Who where nearly every episode ended with a non foreshadowed Deus Ex.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

ViRGE wrote:Though at this point it will be interesting to see how they stretch out the series for another 4 episodes. It doesn't seem like there's 4 episodes of material left to contend with.
Actually one more episode. The last two are bonus episodes written by Sho Aikawa (head writer of Blade).
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

So does anyone get the feeling Gremlin is going to be the big bad in the end? I mean there's nothing they could do with his character unless he gets killed off in the next episode.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

We got episodes 50-51 to go through then, the Aikawa stuff.
Kuchiri wrote:I wouldn't really call the whole Khimaria as Deus Ex Machina. It's been established that the belt housed Khimaria, it also was established that Khimaria is a hungry hungry beast. There was some foreshadowing to this.
Eh, if this had happened back when Phoenix got killed, I'd agree but here? It felt quite phoned-in.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”