Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 50 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_50

Something I like about this episode is Yamamoto's reaction to everything. While guys all around him are saying "We've got to save Koyomi!" he's like "Why?". And that makes a lot of sense. Where are Haruto and Nitou getting this unfounded belief that they can save Koyomi, when they're nowhere near as educated in magic as Fueki?

Huh... so I guess Gremlin is the last boss? Sort of seems like a cheap way of killing off Fueki and Koyomi and artificially extending the story an episode. Gremlin is a weak last boss since he has no story relevance. It just seems like a super odd choice.

Still, I have to admit some of the decisions made in these last few episodes. Beast losing the ability to transform in the last episode was amazingly good. It also seems pretty ballsy to kill off Koyomi and white mage like that. Also, the white mage versus Wizard fight was one that we were all waiting for. Hurray for double rider kicks.

Something I didn't pick up on before is that, yeah, white mage did give Haruto all the spells he had. Since as white mage/Wiseman, he was giving those magical stones to Wajima. The one exception to this being the Infinity Ring.

Also, seems like a waste that they didn't have a scene of Wajima suffering during the Sabbath, dying from the ring that he made for Fueki.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Wizard 50 released

Post by Lunagel »

I couldn't really pay attention to the rest of this episode because I was too pissed off at Koyomi's death speech. Not cause it was a bad death speech, it was pretty standard and generic. But most of this show, we've been shown that when Koyomi runs out of magical energy, that's it. There's no lingering thing going on, she just collapses and acts like she's dead. And now that the source of her magical energy is forcibly ripped away from her, she gets a 3 minute death speech? Bullshit!

Yeah, Gremlin's a lame choice for final boss. If he uses the Philosopher's Stone to become human, isn't it a moot point anyway? Is he going to go rampage around the city? He never seemed really interested in attacking people before this, what's going to change to make him suddenly go crazy now? Or is half the episode just going to be epilogue?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Image (Source)
Perhaps some long-haired beauty will set him off.

Other things that struck me as weird in this episode, Yamamoto was set up to be a father just like Fueki. So it seems weird for him to give the "Koyomi should be dead" speech. It'd probably have sounded better from Mayu, who can then express bitterness over the way Fueki double-killed her older sister.

Oh man, this stuff about retrieving a lost life and that being forbidden is reminding me of Full Metal Alchemist again.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

That picture reminds of the Chimera from FMA. Anyway, I thought it was funny that Yuzuru pushes Shunpei out of the way and embraces Nitou. So the White Mage knew Infinity was the one thing that could defeat him even though he managed to defeat it as Wiseman at one point. I'm surprised that Fueki didn't transform into Wiseman after Gremlin destroyed his Driver. The argument about saving Koyomi I would give is that the Koyomi we know now isn't the same Koyomi that Fueki knew. The Koyomi that Fueki knew has been dead but the current Koyomi has her own life now and different enough to warrant to continue living.

I would bet that the Philosopher's Stone will make Gremlin crazier somehow and forget about his dream of becoming human. As Koyomi getting to live for a few minutes longer after the Stone was removed, I would chalk that up to residual magic.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Apparently that's what the picture is supposed to be. I thought it was jus Sadako as a dog, which I think is funnier.

I don't think Wiseman has any real powers since he's just an artificial Phantom. His true power is probably only when he's in his mage form.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

They better not revive Koyomi in the next episode.

The fight with white mage is good. I'm satisfied if that's the final boss fight. If not for Gremlin popping up randomly this can actually be a pretty good final episode.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

takenoko wrote: I don't think Wiseman has any real powers since he's just an artificial Phantom. His true power is probably only when he's in his mage form.
I agree with this assessment, which also drives my reasoning behind being okay with the 'twist' with Gremlin being the one to kill him: For all the terrible stuff Fueki's done in the name of his very selfish hope, at the end of the day, he's still human. Haruto having to kill him (as really, what else would have stopped him from trying to revive Koyomi at any cost?) would have had Haruto crossing a line. He's done some questionable things, but he's also still human, and he's not a murderer. To keep our hero from becoming one, they needed a 'monster' to do it.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I completely forgot to mention this but there was a callback to episode 1 when Haruto henshined into Flame Dragon at the beginning of the episode. Back in episode 1, Haruto did a similar henshin when we first saw him fight.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was a little weird when the battle between Haruto and Fueki started out as a classic Kamen Rider brawl with hand-to-hand combat. It's like watching Gandalf and Sarumon punching each other instead of using magic as their opening moves.
takenoko wrote:I don't think Wiseman has any real powers since he's just an artificial Phantom. His true power is probably only when he's in his mage form.
I'm under the impression that Wiseman's power is just to create magic crystals. The White Mage form wouldn't be able to do much without rings to cast spells.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Arigomi wrote:
takenoko wrote:I don't think Wiseman has any real powers since he's just an artificial Phantom. His true power is probably only when he's in his mage form.
I'm under the impression that Wiseman's power is just to create magic crystals. The White Mage form wouldn't be able to do much without rings to cast spells.
Excellent catch/point. Considering the "Wiseman" Phantom is actually the "Carbuncle" Phantom as stated by Fueki. Carbuncle, the mythological creature, is known for having a mystical jewel of some sort mounted in its head.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

You guys forgetting the episode where Wiseman sucked Haruto dry in Infinity form? And he killed Medusa in Wiseman form, so I'd day Wiseman has some power, just not as powerful. Kinda like W's whole driver-memory vs using-it-raw thing.

I had a pool since the first episode that Koyomi will die. Now I hope this whole formula will die. It was emotional in W, pretty good in OOO, stupid in Fourze, and now just needs to die.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Yeah, I called Koyomi dying back in episode one as well. (Her or Shunpei, but my money was on her.) And I'm still bitter that Kengo was returned to life, he deserves better than a cheap trick like that, so here's to hoping that Koyomi stays dead. Anyway.

I don't know. I like Gremlin, and I'm glad to see he's the final boss. Fueki just disgusts me - which probably makes him a great villain - so I'm glad to see him go and that he got the 'final boss' title stolen from him.

I feel that Yamamoto's anger was completely justified, and he is a little bit like Fueki (or any parent) that his own child comes first. His child and his wife. He doesn't want to get involved because of them and because of himself, so he says 'screw it'. I don't know, I'm not good at explaining my thoughts, but it makes sense to me?
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Loved this episode. I didn't know what to feel when I saw Koyomi and Fueki die. All I know is the final battle better be good.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Nice to see they went with classic rider kick finisher, would have been a great boss fight if not for Gremlin's gambit. Not even sure how that works -- he took a stab right through the torso similar to how Medusa went down.

But the final boss being Gremlin... is going to be anticlimactic. Unless the philosopher's stone turns him into some giant world-destroying monster that requires Chimera to return to Nitou and team up with Haruto to take down, which somehow I doubt will happen.

Spoiler
And from the preview it looks like Koyomi is very likely to come back... but perhaps not physically but more of a Nadeshiko kind, perhaps?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

OOOKaiser wrote:Loved this episode. I didn't know what to feel when I saw Koyomi and Fueki die. All I know is the final battle better be good.
Me too. It's pretty sad. :(
Spoiler
Preview: So Gremlin is the only one left with that Philosopher's Stone. It's very powerful for Gremlin. What if Wizard must finish the final battle. and what about Koyomi?

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”