Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 24 released

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 24 released

Post by Lunagel »

I'm honestly irritated with all three being golden. The whole point of the Garo armor is that it's the only golden armor, that's why they keep calling him the "golden knight". If all of them are gold, that just cheapens the title.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Chalk it up to some Zedom soul metal BS handwaving. I was wondering if we would get a final battle powerup again.

But I was hoping for a repeat of 1st and 2nd season, where the main Horror gets killed and the last bad guy is someone else. I was hoping Tousei would get possessed by all those Horrors and then it would be him vs GARO.

Also, how does he keep his original personalty exactly the same after being possessed? Don't possessed humans have the horror control them and just play off their desires?
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Catastrophe wrote:Chalk it up to some Zedom soul metal BS handwaving. I was wondering if we would get a final battle powerup again.

But I was hoping for a repeat of 1st and 2nd season, where the main Horror gets killed and the last bad guy is someone else. I was hoping Tousei would get possessed by all those Horrors and then it would be him vs GARO.

Also, how does he keep his original personalty exactly the same after being possessed? Don't possessed humans have the horror control them and just play off their desires?
My intepretation is that this was deliberate on Zedom's part. Tousei actually managed to piss him off so much, that he purposely turned Tousei into a horror, knowing that he would in turn be hunted down by other Makai Knights. It would also explain why he is so weak. Zedom simply wanted to remove his last immunity necklace protecting him from persecution, not make him a threat.

Also, is Zedom dead? If so, what happens to the Knight's source of soul metal, if he is no long around to perform the Madou Seed Ritual?
LightningZERO
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by LightningZERO »

^
Doubt it. I think Ryuga and gang probably just destroyed the head part or forced it to sleep again. These super Horrors really stay dead forever

The Priests probably still have other parts of Zedom for the ritual and soul metal harvesting. But I guess it is a risky ritual and probably no longer practised unless for very special occasions. This explains the lack of Knights and why the armors need to be passed down as maybe they no longer can afford to make more
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

abazigal wrote:Also, is Zedom dead? If so, what happens to the Knight's source of soul metal, if he is no long around to perform the Madou Seed Ritual?
They destroyed Zedom's Head since Tousei and his lackey's managed to awakened him. There are still other body parts sealed somewhere.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

*insert joke about zedom's penis here*
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

CGI fight wasn't too bad, I had my expectations low based on season 2 so it turned out okay. Really liked Zedom's nanotech-like cube motif; when it transformed into a giant beam cannon I thought he was pull a Nanoha and beam spam their behinds to oblivion. Oh well, fireballs still work and Takeru tanked them all like a man.

Tousei going down like a dog was fitting, I think. No grand standoff or anything, just a pathetic fly on the windscreen. After all the things he's done, this is the ultimate humiliation for him to beg for his life to Ryuuga and Rian.
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

What, no post-final-boss epic battle in the skies on the rubble of a collapsing building against the main villain? I feel cheated.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I forgot to mention that Takeru is more of a proper Makai Knight now that he buttoned up his suit.

Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The final episode was just "ok"... Takeru's armor looks awesome in gold. Too bad that he did not end up with Riu and that she completely forgot about him :(.

At least we got a Ryuuga x Rian at the end and looks like there is going to be more of these characters in the future because they left the ending open to possibilities.

Overall a "good" series but it could have been better. The best episode was episode 9 and the rest of the fights were just inferior after that one.

Thanks a lot one more time guys! :)
Final Vent!
dARKmOOd
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Airi Nogami
Favorite Band: Pay Money to my Pain
Quote: If you don't like a rule follow it, reach the top and then change it!

Post by dARKmOOd »

I think they focused too much on the CGI and effects to the point that the depth of the story has been neglected a bit.. It woulda been better if the story/series has the same depth as the previous Garo series...
But of course as a Garo fan I can't be pleased & thankful enough with the staff of this series to be able to do came up with this series.
More Garo series to come... hopefully
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I had to kill my mom to get this far, guys! ;____;

Also, way to completely fuck up the epilogue narration, Zaruba. Aguri doesn't leave, Rian doesn't stay, Takeru doesn't hop on a pirate ship and cruise the galaxy.
codename1706
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Rian
Favorite Actor?: Kato Keisuke
Alignment: Neutral

Post by codename1706 »

Aguri - Gai, his fighting style now becomes like Zero - dual wielding and shot. Hopefully, this cast will be back in next season because it's only the end of Volcity chapter.

It seems Zero will be back in next movie or next season
http://garo-project.jp/ZERO/
Nov 23, 2013 there will be a Garo event. I'm waiting for it.
http://garo-project.jp/event/2013-1123/
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I actually didn't mind the CGI battle as I thought it looked pretty cool. This episode was cool and filled with some intense moments. Tousei getting shot to death was handled fine for me too. I did thought maybe he should've been tortured more but this show had to end so they went with him getting shot. Lol...Didn't mind Rian do the job either because that makes her badass. How did Rian mind wipe everyone in the city though? This is not Men In Black. Haha. Wonder what the ending is supposed to mean. Looks like Ryuuga and Rian are off to another journey.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

chronoxiong wrote:How did Rian mind wipe everyone in the city though? This is not Men In Black. Haha. Wonder what the ending is supposed to mean. Looks like Ryuuga and Rian are off to another journey.
I'd wondered the same thing, lol. I keep questioning how powerful of a Makai Priest Rian really is after seeing her get her ass whooped in pretty much every fight scene she was in. Even after she had that little training montage in the forest and gaining the ability to summon Rago after discovering Enhou was a Mado Horror, she was still useless besides the fact that she did help the Knights defeat Zedom.

I feel like the ending means a follow-up season to Yami wo Terasu Mono. Just like how GARO went into MAKAISENKI. Overall this series was pretty solid for what it was. I just wished they'd had shown at least one character from the previous series return to show more of a direct connection other than Zaruba. Or at least an explanation of Kouga's random retirement (I haven't seen MAKAISENKI yet by the way). Maybe Season 4 will explain.
Lunagel wrote:I'm honestly irritated with all three being golden. The whole point of the Garo armor is that it's the only golden armor, that's why they keep calling him the "golden knight". If all of them are gold, that just cheapens the title.
That's what I thought too. At first I was like, "What?! Did they just all power up into gold?!" But it was only temporary so it's whatever. Apparently Garo shined so bright that he somehow made the other knights around him golden for a limited time, lol. Guess it was just a power buff. I also geeked a bit when Ryuga said he was the one who would shine brightly in the darkness, or precisely, "Yami wo Terasu Mono!" I thought, "Oh my God, he just said the title of the show! LOL!"

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”