Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Wizard 51 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

ViRGE wrote:I'm genuinely surprised they didn't bring back Koyomi. Given how happy KR endings tend to be, I was fully expecting it.
Obviously you haven't seen Kamen Rider Blade.
Spoiler
Kenzaki ends up becoming an Undead and leaves Japan to protect the world.
That's not happy that's a bittersweet ending.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I suppose this episode wasn't too bad of a finale, considering what it had to work with. The true villain was dead so they had to have the nuisance go Super Saiyan for the sake of a final boss battle, and at least Haruto didn't attempt some crazy "trade my life for Koyomi's" gambit.

I suppose what I have to say now would fit better in the series-as-a-whole thread.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Again, not much to say that hasn't already been covered, but a fitting end to the story IMO. Though the next two episodes should be a doozy...

I actually found myself feeling for Yamamoto when he turned up to fight; after all his insistence that he wanted to stay out of it for his family's sake, I guess he finally realized that if he didn't do something there might not be a world left to raise his child in. You've got to admire a guy who has the courage to make that decision.

On a side note: that new Ganbaride promo. Are they seriously planning some kind of "Kamen Rider Creation Mode"? I shudder to think... :lol:
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Two other things I noticed: Rinko, where was that action back in Movie Taisen Ultimatum?

Also, the fight against Gremlin Wizard's Infinity form takes actual notable damage when it could take any hit before without problem. And he finally punches, proving that he does need to keep his hands(rings) safe from attacks. Those rings must be real fragile for one hit to do it, then again that flute is a powerful weapon.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

Man, that last episode was pretty weak. I had the strong feeling that Wizard should've ended a little ealier, specially because Gremlin was a really weak character here, specially to the final boss role. It's a shame, since I really liked him, specially when it was revealed he was a psychopath in the bast and that he was different from the other Phantoms, wanting to be human again and all. For a ending, it didn't had the impact it should be. The characters ending were very bland and forced (Shunpei being a ring maker when he never showed nay interested of doing it? And how the hell Nitou and Yuzuru are gonna find Khimaira camping on the roadside at the weekends?). I liked that this episode kinda ended on a sad note of some sort, since we don't have much of it in Kamen Rider, but it should've be much more... And I didn't liked how open it was. So the movie has the "true ending"? I really hate that kind of thing.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I'm so glad they didn't bring Koyomi back to life with some deus Mcguffin... In general there's a lot of things I'm glad Wizard didn't try to pull, over all a decent Rider series.

Spoiler
Okay I'm a little lost... Was the preview of the next 'adventure' of Wizard? Is that airing in theaters? Is this cross over special gonna be on TV? What's going on here? ... Looks cool though.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There is more Wizard after this one but this is the end of the regular storyline. It will air as usual before Gaim starts in October 6.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

ahkay just like to make sure... Though I should have guessed since I knew Gaim wasn't till the 6th. Just me being stupid I guess ^^;
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I liked that they remembered that the philosophers stone still needed more magical energy to bring somebody back to life and i imagine the reason he upgraded himself is that he figured Haruto would try getting in his way so he upgraded himself to be able to fight his infinity ring if he had to.

thought it was funny that Wajima's response to Haruto asking if something was wrong was basically "No, Gremlins just running rampant trying to gather magic energy."

Over all I'd call it a good ending but an average series but I do wish that all dragon form had been used more often since it was only used twice and was actually shown in the opening where as infinity wasn't for some reason.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

I think Koyomi's death was similar to Ankh's but Anhk's had more effect to it, and then they made his death even better when you find out somewhere in the future he comes back alive. Also Ankh had way more screen time and character development than Koyomi.
They did the Ring thing with Koyomi like they did with Ankh's broken medal, as Haruto with the ring and Eiji with the medal.

Gremlin wasn't that like powerful as a boss, I mean he did beat up the 3 mages, but besides that he didn't impact as much as other last bosses did.
Also he didn't have the right feel as one, I mean he did power up and all, however he wasn't given as much final boss material compared to Fuuki who made the whole thing as wise man, or OOOs for example Doctor Makai who was there since the beginning but then betrayed Kogami and was the master mind.
Gremlin wasn't like that, he only just wanted to be human again.

The last scene where Haruto suddenly grabs on to Gremlin's fuuki flute sword seemed odd, as Haruto was losing and then suddenly he was able to do that out of the blue when Gremlin wasn't even that injured. Some could say his feelings about Koyomi did that but it just seemed kinda rushed in some sense.
Also the whole squad in the back yelling in the background cheering for him was cool o.o, but they're so useless.

The whole thing with Nitou and Yuzuru was kinda odd o.o
How far can you get on weekends when in the end you gotta go back home to school.
I guess he can since he has teleport ring but man that's so much work.
Also kinda telling kids to pursue your dreams but stay in school XD

Edit: on a side note, the whole thing with Haruto getting power from Dragon kinda reminded me of Naruto with the Kyuubi
Haruto Naruto, sameish
colonelkreiner
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Quote: Let's make it showy

Post by colonelkreiner »

Overall a good ending. I liked how they gave everyone a little closure. The search for Khimera on the weekends did seem odd with them camping and cooking out, but shouldn't travel be easy with the teleport ring.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Inched the frames forward bit by bit until I could get a clean enough view of the right hand ring before it was destroyed. (Had to reset a couple of time, too.) It was Defend that bit the dust.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

I liked the ending, but the whole Wizard wrap-up, while fitting the plot very well, lost out on the dramatic aspect (maybe it was destined to be that way since it's one man's personal goals, even Gamou had a few supporters like Tatsugami, Hayami and Eline) by not having a "dramatic finish". All we get is the 3 Mages being wiped the floor with, Haruto taking a while to accept fate and then we have a small one-to-one that isn't anything like Fourze's or Ryuki's. It ended pretty normally. Even the simplicity-loving Shinkenger had them struggle vs Doukoku. Haruto never exerted himself on the last phantom half as much as he did on Legion. In fact I feel that maybe Legion's concept could have been used on Gremlin to give that whole last straw feel that we got in Ep 30, but not in the finale.

Given how attached he is to Koyomi, and her last wish and because of Gremlin wielding Fueki's Blade, I actually wanted Gremlin to stab the Driver and pull out his Grimoire Stone (shining thing that scans the rings), so that he would lose his powers and then regain them with the Philosopher's Stone being inserted to fix the Driver. Of course I anticipated a new one-use ring that would be formed from the driver, but we got half of the whole idea true. But if the Philosopher's Stone was put into the Driver, we'd have a win/win situation: Nobody steals the Stone, and Koyomi's always with him.

Oh Kousuke, it's great that he'll hunt down Khimaira again, knew he would, but he can't feed it Mayo...

While I liked Haruto's slightly more serious attitude than Gentarou, I don't really miss Wizard. Nor do I despise it. It ran it's course, did a decent job, and left. Though there aren't that many good memories that would make it's end saddening. Then again, I didn't really grow to like any Rider like Ryuusei.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

dat20091 wrote:I think Koyomi's death was similar to Ankh's but Anhk's had more effect to it, and then they made his death even better when you find out somewhere in the future he comes back alive. Also Ankh had way more screen time and character development than Koyomi.
They did the Ring thing with Koyomi like they did with Ankh's broken medal, as Haruto with the ring and Eiji with the medal.
I agree ; but what was fabulous in OOO was the friendship - though they never use this word, after all they were also enemies - between Ankh and Eiji. We all guess, like a lot of Kamen Rider shows, that there is an untold love story between the main character and "the chick". I was quite disappointed seeing some "happy ending" in OOO, but here it is not happening.

The whole episode was quite empty. Everything was previsible, the final fight was not good at all. I was so disappointed that I think that I won't watch it again (though it happens to me to watch sometimes OOO, Gokaiger or Dekaranger episode). But I guess I will explain it in the whole series discussion.

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
daburuwosagase
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Fourze
Quote: "But they didn't know that this Majide is MADE OF DEKIRU and I will tsubusu you! I will tsubusu and TAOSU you!!"

Post by daburuwosagase »

Gremlin just going on a massacre is kinda bland, and his whole fight is underwhelming. Most of the time the focus isn't even on him, it's on Haruto or the Ghuls. It's a shame to see Sora's unpredictable character and his really cool backstory go to waste like that. Philosopher's Ring is a pretty sweet finale, but rather rushed. I'd expect something of that power tier to have more explosions.

Silly police and their ordinary guns, being outshone by silly Shunpei and his traffic cones. Speaking of, Mage Team was awesome but again outshone by Wizard. Again, they're victims of a rushed conclusion.

Are we really not reviving Koyomi? I'm amazed... this is definitely for the better though, she was a static character in the first place and never stood out. Nitou traveling around with Yuzuru fixes all the problems with crossovers, though Yuzuru is probably going to be forgotten about later.

Overall, Wizard spent too much time on the filler and didn't bother to develop the plot or side characters throughout, instead doing spurts of development if any at all. Okay premise, okay characters, okay ending... just adding up to an apathetic series.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”