Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Re: KR Wizard 51 released

Post by archer9234 »

Koyomi turning into a ring was the best choice. If Haruto pulled her puppet body out of Gremlin. I would of shut off the episode. I still wonder why he didn't scan the ring. It just auto activated or something. Sora just plain sucked. I'm glad people remembered he was a serial killer. I was thinking the whole time. "He's gonna go back to being human to just kill more people at beauty salon stores?" These fights really should of been in 50. The final fight felt too short. And the junk mages, what a waste. Every time they get beat down. I just see them as after though powers. Like Fuukei just copied his belt and taught them grade 1 magic to just be batteries. It be nice if that was the case. They could then upgrade their belts and suits and have proper magic animals. Never use brown on Rider suits again. Freaking UPS Riders.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

XerBlade wrote:So Gremin's first act after going Super Gremlin is to blow up the donuts? So right after he took away Haruto's second love to gain his new power, he takes away his first love as well? That's just cruel, man. Haruto was right. Gremlin lost his human soul. He doesn't deserve to keep his hope.
Arson, Murder and Jaywalking :lol:
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah this last episode was kinda weak. I was hoping for more. Was hoping for more from Gremlin. Gremlin says he wants to be human but then I remembered that he was a serial killer. So is that his ultimate plan? To become human again and kill people? I got a little lost at his motives. He was trolling all season long. Still thought Wiseman should've been the last villain. And Koyomi becoming a ring was a good choice. It allows for her to still be a part of Haruto. I thought the final fight felt short and was not as memorable as it could be. It went by a flash to me.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Right, that ending was ooookay. If the show had been consistently like that, it would have earned some respect from me. But they spent 3/4 of the run making fillers.

Ahhhh where should I start, that hardly leaves anything in me...

Let's start with the good thing. The overall mood is serious. Everybody making up their mind in the crisis, doing what they believe in. Mayu could still kick some ass, yay!!! (although that didn't last long; at least her character was given some spotlight). There was light horror about what might have been if Haruto had resorted to Sabbath to bring back Koyomi, thus becoming a second Fueki. I like that, it gave a sense of panic amidst the chaos. "Stoned" Gremlin looks pretty boss lol. And the final "where they are now" scenes are adorable.

And what I don't like. Although the mood is right, the pace is not. This episode is still too slow for a finale. There weren't much action, furthermore what's there was not the quality one could expect from Wizard. The final boss, "Stoned" Gremlin wasn't very focused. To be frank, though his appearance changed, he still looked like something of a sub-boss. Intimidating, sure, but lacking chemistry and aura (his character, I mean; the dialogue he delivered was interesting though). His death, man that's so so goddamn cliche. He got powered up, and he let Wizard PULL the Stone out of him. Just because Haruto had faith and determination. I'm sick of this "power of belief". Yeah yeah, a kid show, I know, but they could have made up a better reason than that, it's freaking overdone!

AND THAT'S TWICE IN THIS EPISODE I HAVE TO LISTEN TO HARUTO'S SHRIEKING "KOYOMIIIEEEEEEHH"!!! HIS VOICE RUINED EVERYTHINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

One last note: the pink ring is just begging for fanarts of Wizard in Decade's color palette ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Just for anyone wanting to pull the "it's a kid's show" card, I talked to one of my students who has been watching Wizard since the beginning and asked him what he thought of the finale. His only word was "Eh."
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Lunagel wrote:Just for anyone wanting to pull the "it's a kid's show" card, I talked to one of my students who has been watching Wizard since the beginning and asked him what he thought of the finale. His only word was "Eh."
Oh wow we have a teacher watching toku. Excellent.

How old is that student then? Perception probably differs between kids and teens. Not surprised if he's 14.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Lunagel wrote:Just for anyone wanting to pull the "it's a kid's show" card, I talked to one of my students who has been watching Wizard since the beginning and asked him what he thought of the finale. His only word was "Eh."
If a little kid thought that then Wizard must be pretty boring him then :o
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

This episode was the most Wizard-y episode of all. Things happened and you can tell we're supposed to care, but the way it's staged and performed leaves no ability to do so. (Except for donut shop Hunger. Sora, you monster.)

The only good part was Todoroki stepping up as the not-insane version of Fueki, wanting to use magic to protect his family.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Kid in question is 8
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Lunagel wrote:Kid in question is 8
Really? Kids nowadays...

Or am I unconsciously forcing myself to like Wizard?
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Kamen Rider Wizard 51: "The Final Hope".

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Kamen Rider Wizard, I will miss you!! Read my post on the "KR Wizard Complete Series Discussion" to see my thoughts.

Translational Choice Question: Who keeps translating "chigau" as "No."? It has appeared in the last two episodes as such and I wish to find out the rational. In both contexts, it fits better to go with what the true word means instead of...whatever you call that. Stick with what the writer writes.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

"chigau" can mean "no" as well as "you're wrong". It's a very strongly worded "no". It's a perfectly good translation.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Lunagel wrote:"chigau" can mean "no" as well as "you're wrong". It's a very strongly worded "no". It's a translation.
It may be "perfectly good", but it is not a superb one. Makoto Naegi would never say "No!", in a Classroom Trial in Danganronpa. He would say "You're wrong!", it gives the floor to him. "Iie." is a stronger form of "No."
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Ah, I see someone's volunteering to be lead translator on an upcoming weekly! Brave soul, you, carry on for justice and puppies and shit.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

dancercotillion wrote:Ah, I see someone's volunteering to be lead translator on an upcoming weekly! Brave soul, you, carry on for justice and puppies and shit.
Non, non. I just know a minuscule bit of Japanese. I do know enough to realize that the translation of "chigau" is not the best. I know it is a translation of the word, but it is horrid and I would never use it. Oh, and I would translate for kittens; not puppies. Dogs are the most disgusting creatures of this world. I doubt anyone would translate for feces.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”