Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 25 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_25

Was kind of bored up till the moment when Rian moved the chair and looked into the pool of water. Overall it's a nice prequel story about Rian. Child actress was cute and wasn't annoying, so that was good. I liked seeing the parallels between Rian and Ryuuga. Kai Emiri did a pretty good job for a 7 year old.

Burai's actor is badass, but I didn't really feel connected with him enough to care so much about what he was going through. I didn't really buy that he was going through his personal tragic guilt trip since the rest of the series builds him up as unapologetic and stoic.

I really, really like the ending song though.

As long as I'm doing fan edits, I can't help but wonder if this episode might have been better if aired before the episode when Burai died. Where it is now, it doesn't really have enough oompf to send off the series the way the last episode did, in my opinion.

Edit: WTF, this guy is Ouma?
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Masuoka_Tooru
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 25 released

Post by XIII »

I didnt feel like it added anything to the series given where it has aired in the story line, I would have rather had more of the coming together of all the makai knights to show how everything fits together

I didnt get the bit with Burai wanting to take his own life (I assume that what it was), it just didnt seem like it was part of his character at all, just seemed to be something to stick in there

I guess young Rian was supposed to be the catalyst to get Burai back into the fight after his breakdown, while nice, it feels a tad out of sorts cause you would have thought that Burai would have continued her training and not sent her off with the creepy old man who looks very different to his KS7 days

Personally I dont think we needed this ep in the long run. I could have quite happily had it end last week no questions asked, I would have to describe this as a rejected main story line script that was done at the end to fill the 25 ep order.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I wonder how Rian got those marks on her arm. Guess she hurt herself while outside?

Overall Yami was a decent series. I think it would have been more successful if the main character weren't Garo though. Felt like they screwed that one up, since the fans already associate Garo with being Kouga and his story. It would have been stronger if Ryuuga were some other legendary knight
XIII
The Conspiracy
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Something that may have appeased fans is if they linked back to Ryuugas father when he restored the armor, similar to what they did with Kouga when he unlocked something to do with the suit, also why no love for Goutan, they missed a classic there as you could have the 3 knights riding into the final battle in style

Overall, I have enjoyed the series with the exception of 1 ep, its been a nice show to time in general, I have liked the fights they have had, more so since they do alot of out of suit action, which is nice as it shows the people in a different light to the typical suit up and then spend 10 mins beating the crap out of each other, suits are supposed to be the last resort, CGI hasnt bothered me much, some things I have thought that was shit
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

It's likely focused on Burai. Young Rian getting cried out loud.
Ouma stops Burai from having suicide?
And of course... Rian sings a song (Zedom) to Ryuuga. oh my.

About Masuoka Tooru, he's a good actor if his role was Remu Kannagi. I didn't notice that when I watch this episode.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I actually really enjoyed this episode. It was cute and well paced and had some nice backstory for Burai as well as overall series backstory. I do feel like it would've been better around episode 10 though, sometime before the Tousei story. Maybe it was because out of the lot Burai's probably the best actor, or because I really really can't stand Ryuuga. I guess this episode was just closer to the first two seasons for me.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

They forgot to put this episode in the beginning of the series. Nice to know stuff but a bit too late. Honestly, I was thinking if this episode will open up a "Star Wars styled" concept. :lol:

But damn, Rian's smile never fails to allure me.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

It was an okay episode. It was nice to see Burai alive even if it was a special episode. I barely saw Burai in the series except when it was near the end.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

It was a sweet episode, nice to get some background but it was kinda out of place at the end

It was strange how Rian just had a scar without an explaination
Unless I missed it

I thought Zaruba was going to get some scenes but he didn't
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

- Burai doesn't tell Ryuuga the "truth" about his mother, but he does it with Rian and his deceased father. What?
- The whole Rian's background doesn't convince me. I mean, where's that "I didn't even want to be a priest, people mocked at me, I hate poor men like my father" stuff? It's like this Rian and the one who said that are totally different characters.
- Rian is an honor student. Ok, that was hilarious.
- Burai and Hakana were friends since they were children? They didn't have a close relation in the series, I think he didn't say goodbye to her as he did with the other characters.
- That song again?
- "To protect the people, Garo used up all his golden brilliance". Garo, the light bulb to shine light into darkness.
- The actress was great, I liked her more than young Ryuuga, and he wasn't bad at all.
- Really cool ending.
Alessar
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Azazel wrote:Something that may have appeased fans is if they linked back to Ryuugas father
Who is quite possibly Burai or Ouma from a quick fling one of them had with Hakana. Which one followed Hakana around the most? That would be Burai.

I think whoever wrote this was not the same person who wrote the stuff with Rian being all emo in the middle of the series. I think the Kantai reference is suspicious. It is actually the only thing that called back to anything in S1 and 2 other than Zaruba and the armor.

Overall, pretty thrown together filler ep. Child actress for Rian was good and looked a lot like her. Explanation for dim Garo was vague and not particularly interesting.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think Rian who said those emo things were just a facade and not the real her. I like the episode but I think the episode placing makes sense here. Having this episode would break up the pacing of the later half of the series but having it earlier would ruin some things. It's a case of a show that has an episode zero but seeing it before the main series would ruin some things.

I don't think the reason why Garo turned black needs some 20 hour backstory. Garo fought a shitton of Horrors and the gold it had faded because of that. There's nothing more that need to be said about that. Looking back when Garo regain its gold, it was more like it was shedding off rust then the black turning into gold.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That song again? This song hasn't been used before, as far as I know.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Phoenix512 wrote: Looking back when Garo regain its gold, it was more like it was shedding off rust then the black turning into gold.
What if all they had to do was clean the armor instead of using Madou Horror Plants to make Garo's armor gold again.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This looks like a job for the Makai Janitor!

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”