Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Wizard 53 released

Post by Dengar »

TheLastTatlFan wrote:Anyway, yeah, Agito and Decade are Riders who don't draw their power from the same source as the monsters. Hibiki doesn't either, but he's an Oni, not a Rider.
Yeah because the DecaDriver totally wasn't made by DaiShocker. :roll:
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I did not dig the bad guy's over the top acting in this episode. I thought it was forced and I couldn't take him seriously after it. I thought his costumes were pretty cool to look at though. What I did like was the cool action, seeing all the Heisei Riders fighting together and hearing those cool Decade sound effects again. At least Last time we saw Tsukasa, his hair was whacky so glad that it was normal this time. Lol...And I kinda figured that the boy was going to be the kid version of Haruto. Fits perfectly as an alternate world and I enjoyed the twist. About Gaim's costume, it looks so cool. This was a cool introduction for him and got me intrigued for his own series.
The_Shang
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by The_Shang »

I'm always a bit dissappointed whenever Kuuga's Rising Ultimate form appears.

It is ugly and really has no point in appearing at all. It first appeared in the decade movie if I'm not mistaken and it was never really explained why.
Really, why give the (possibly) strongest rider a power-up to his strongest, literally Ultimate form?

Anyway, I thought that these two episodes had a movie-like feel to it. Riders teaming up, beating a (sorta) common foe though they could have handled the plot a bit better. I also would have loved it if all the original actors would have reprised their roles, but that is unlikely to ever happen (damn you Joe Otagiri!).

Now on to Gaim!
narya100
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Nadeshiko
My boom: Kyouryuu Theme
Quote: I will always stretch out my hand...
Type: INFP Healer

Post by narya100 »

Honestly, I don't like the specials, they feel tacked on in a movie style that should have stayed in a movie style. I may not know much about the history of the riders and having watched Double - Wizard, Den-O, and the first half of Kiva, I just feel like I'm tired of Decade, no i haven't watched it, and his concept doesn't intrest me. I thought Gokiager handled it better. I liked his use here much better than in Super Hero Taisen, but over all i didn't Taisen. That said, far better as a full fledged movie. The few continuity errors didn't bother me too badly. (Liner Form and all that.) Gaim is interesting to me. I want it to start, but I do wish they hadn't rushed Wizard's ending. They had time they oculd have used to make the end of the story much better. I watched this and felt like it took away from the ending that I loved. It was great, not my favorite ending. I'm not sure whose ending will earn that praise. Overall, i feel ripped off a little. Sigh, oh well, Gaim starts tomorrow, we wont get it till next week, but is there any way of getting Gaim on monday, lol jk.
Completed Kamen Riders: Kiva, Den-O, Decade, Double, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Completed Sentai: Magiranger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyoryuger
Completed Other: Shougeki Gouraigan

Current Series: Tokkyuger, Gaim, Garo, Garo: Makai no Hana
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was... something. As far as the plot is concerned I feel there's already been plenty said; Decade plots are total mind trips and rarely make sense.

The action on the other hand was very good. I don't know if they had a better than typical budget or what, but both the physical fighting and the CGI felt well done. So in that respect this was an enjoyable episode.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

It's just an alternate universe. I don't think it's that confusing. *shrugs*
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

ling023 wrote:
TheLastTatlFan wrote: Anyway, yeah, Agito and Decade are Riders who don't draw their power from the same source as the monsters. Hibiki doesn't either, but he's an Oni, not a Rider.
Please, don't be "racist". Wizard and Beast are not rider too, they're wizard.
Another example is Agito. Agito is not a rider, he's a "monster" whose power came from God, the good-God.
The last part of this episode revealed that Gaim himself doesn't know if he addressed as "kamen rider".

The idea of Kamen Rider is warriors who protect human freedom. When someone cries for help, a Rider will surely come running. At least that's what Haruto said.
Wizard, Beast and Agito all have Rider qualities that aren't present in any of the Oni. Riding bikes, Rider Kicks and Punches, the bug eyes, the belt being integral, even the source of power.

Hibiki sprouts claws from between his knuckles, breathes fire, his belt is just there as a taiko drum holder, and he can't even ride a motorcycle. Oni are entirely separate entities and the show only had the Kamen Rider name added to it so Toei could take another year to prepare for Kabuto.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

TheLastTatlFan wrote:Wizard, Beast and Agito all have Rider qualities that aren't present in any of the Oni. Riding bikes, Rider Kicks and Punches, the bug eyes, the belt being integral, even the source of power.
If rider kick and rider punch isn't present in the series, what make of Den-O Sword Form? He is the main form of the series yet his finisher are only sword slash, not a rider kick.
TheLastTatlFan wrote: Hibiki sprouts claws from between his knuckles, breathes fire, his belt is just there as a taiko drum holder, and he can't even ride a motorcycle.
Spoiler

But he did... Not just as a person, even as a rider. A big, bulky blue bike. That picture was taken from my TN Collection on episode 25 and believe me, he rode the bike as an Oni Rider more than once.

Looks like you don't like Hibiki that much. He is a rider even he doesn't look like one because TOEI make it so. No hard feelings.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

They all ride motorcycles. They could ride anything to be riders, but every one of them has a motorcycle. Even Hibiki, who I think got his license around the same episode you learn he's rubbish at driving. Even Sky, who can fly. Even fourze, who can fly a lot farther and faster sometimes when the show felt like it. Even J, who has every reason to walk to work. And Shin, who's actually a freakin' bug. They all ride things, so there's nothing to debate.

Also, c'mon. If you're gonna use it, racist with an e.

I think we're all getting off-track. The important thing is that everything about the newest rider is showa-like. For reasons I assume exist.

But to diverge again, the finale means nothing to me. Me being behind as I am. But I am impressed that the non-cameo cameos are learning to speak. They can only say one or two sentences, sure, but that's probably good for....how long have they been doing this? That many years? Oh....well...they're still adorable, anyhow.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Luka Milfy
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: Punk & Crust
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Hime hime hime, suki suki daisuki, hime hime
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by TAKBonez »

First off I gotta say Tsukasa is one suave ass mother fucker at times. Overall I loved this special, my only gripe is that they didn't even try to make the riders voices similar, they were just like "say what the riders say in their show."
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

That was actually a really epic final battle. One of the best rider team-ups I think.

My Mom totally called that the boy was Haruto.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Skull Rider wrote:
TheLastTatlFan wrote:Wizard, Beast and Agito all have Rider qualities that aren't present in any of the Oni. Riding bikes, Rider Kicks and Punches, the bug eyes, the belt being integral, even the source of power.
If rider kick and rider punch isn't present in the series, what make of Den-O Sword Form? He is the main form of the series yet his finisher are only sword slash, not a rider kick.
What I make of it is Den-O also had Rod Form and Climax Form.
Skull Rider wrote:
TheLastTatlFan wrote: Hibiki sprouts claws from between his knuckles, breathes fire, his belt is just there as a taiko drum holder, and he can't even ride a motorcycle.
Spoiler

But he did... Not just as a person, even as a rider. A big, bulky blue bike. That picture was taken from my TN Collection on episode 25 and believe me, he rode the bike as an Oni Rider more than once.
1:That's post-re-tool. Before then, the one time he rode a bike, it didn't end well for the bike, and the show went out of it's way to go "Oh Hibiki-san, you really can't ride bikes."
2: Even on a bike, the Oni are still completely different from every other kind of Rider.

Skull Rider wrote:Looks like you don't like Hibiki that much. He is a rider even he doesn't look like one because TOEI make it so. No hard feelings.
I like Hibiki. I loved the first half of the show, and I wish the show could have continued on that path rather than what happened with the staff change and the jerky foil to Asumu and oh look Hibiki gets a sword and an ultimate form. Hibiki wasn't really a Rider series, and I loved it when it wasn't trying to be.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

TheLastTatlFan wrote:1:That's post-re-tool.
Um, the re-tool started with episode 30; he said that snapshot was from episode 25.
Speaking of Hibiki, this is a good read and definitely helps explain a lot.
ling023
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by ling023 »

What I love from this episode is the not-puppet-rider. It feels alive.. They should had done it from the early team up movie. And Kuuga's thumb up in the end, so nostalgic.
TAKBonez wrote:First off I gotta say Tsukasa is one suave ass mother fucker at times. Overall I loved this special, my only gripe is that they didn't even try to make the riders voices similar, they were just like "say what the riders say in their show."
Yes, they need to work more to find the similar voice for every rider.

And Tsukasa, his journey for the last 4 years has made him so mature.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

TAKBonez wrote:they were just like "say what the riders say in their show."
Not even that. I've never seen Kiva so damn talkative.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”