Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

How the plot should have gone as...spoilers KITAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by DarkCrusnik »

beast fighting haruto ... beast turning evil. ..beast reviving a VERY strong phantom... beast feeling guilty...helps haruto ... kill the phantom ..then fight again..
or something like that...what do you think the plot should have gone to? I think no phantom born from the beginning is kinda of...boring?
I think beast hyper is just. ... meteor storm ....hyper... a red colour with blue would suit him better...or white and blue....the negative of yellow (gold) and black
wizard was too damn child only program...what about us? big guys?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: How the plot should have gone as...spoilers KITAAAAAAAAA

Post by Mandalori »

I think I would have liked that Koyomi didn't die. I also would have liked if Wiseman didn't discard Medusa so fast after finding the 4th Mage. After all, she probably would have done everything he'll told her to do. Her killing Gremlin would probably be best.
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

Main gripe I had with the series is the fact that they threw away good supporting characters (Rinko and Shunpei) for comic relief. It would've been a much better series if they focused on Shunpei and Rinko's struggles to fulfill their goals and desires, what they were fighting for in their initial EP introductions.
ImageImage
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Not a hugely popular opinion but I think we could have done without the minor plot element of Sora being a serial killer. It never really got mentioned again after that two episode arc, and it was only vaguely even implied during his death scene. He could have been a pretty incredibly sympathetic villain ("I'm the victim!"). Either that, or, obviously, they should have done MORE with the fact that he was apparently a serial killer.

Really I would have just liked more Sora.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

butyoumight wrote: Really I would have just liked more Sora.
While I wished he was killed when he first showed his annoying face, I do realize more Sora probably could have been better for the series.
If he was going to end up being the Big Bad there should have been more of him shown so it would at least make sense.

As for alteration I would have made
Should have been more Koyomi. Maybe so that we could care more for her.
I always thought Department Zero should have tried to make a Rider System. Would have been cool to see Science vs Magic.
I wanted them to lose someone to despair and then he become a badass Phantom.
At the very least Mayu should have had her own suit.
Haruto didn't dual wield the WizarSwordGun and the AxeCalibur. Like, the fucks up with that?
Wiseman should have had a form based on Carbuncle. Turn all his gold adornments to purple.
Just for shits and giggle. Haruto's Flame Form should have turned pink when he used the Philosopher's Stone, or maybe his Infinity Form.
I dunno I feel like minor changes could have probably made Wizard's story work out muuuch better.
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

Wiseman and White Wizard being the same is too telegraphed. Make it a bit more twisted >.>

The whole making phantoms for mages was also too telegraphed that people were trying their hardest not to go with that theory.

Basically it was a giant SZS reference to the half episode about the evidence being too perfect that it can't be the case.

Beast resolution was actually pretty cool, but the rider was wasted as being turned into an underwhelming stooge. There was rarely a fight he won and the times he shined were far too little in between and forced as if he were polished with a grindstone.

Drago-timer was actually cool when I realized the concept but the writing didn't make full use of it.

Finally, as the plot went I realized having Koyomi as the center of the story would never work mostly because she's practically never relevant in the duration of the series. There are moments between her and Haruto but that's just not carrying over to the audience.

The plot to hold the Sabbath was already quite misguided in itself as plenty of magic was already being released by the battles between Wizard and the phantoms. If he just needed magic energy, he could've just looped Phoenix's death and extracted the magic energy there. It would've been awesome if they just asked Phoenix's actor to be the surprise big bad. That or Wiseman used Phoenix as a back-up with connect magic he could extract Phoenix from the sun.

as a man of science who tried magic, I'm disappointed he was so adamant with the sabbath.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

personally, i think they should have made koyomi take medusa's place as the one who identified gates. she could have worked as this "mout of wiseman" who communicate with the phantoms without fueki needing to bother to be wiseman at all time.
I may also have Fueki make his appearence a lot sooner, even if we did not reveal he was wiseman. like around the dragotime episode, or at the very least, try to make white wizard a lot more likable.
also, they could have do more with Dragon, have haruto have more conversations with him, dammit!
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by DarkCrusnik »

wizard's plot makes me sad 3;
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

DarkCrusnik wrote:wizard's plot makes me sad 3;
You have to be more specific than that like the plot was crap sad? or Koyomi's death was sad?
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Well for starter, give major characters like Koyomi, Fueki or Sora more development. Sora actually was never the boss type.

Give Beast for love. He's just a plot device for the second sabbath. It wasn't until the last 10 episodes did he gain some sort of motivation for fighting.

Give either of the Riders a rival. Phoenix was more like a midseason excuse for upgrade, and though Nitou declared rivalry with Haruto it's just him screwing around.

Last battle shouldn't have been so meh, no focus on Wizard vs Gremlin. And how the hell could Wizard pull the Stone out like that? Just as absurd as Ryuki out-kick Ryuga.

Ditch the guy that plays Haruto. I can't stand his boring acting. That could be just me, but it lowered my enjoyment of the plot nonetheless.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by DarkCrusnik »

OOOKaiser wrote:
DarkCrusnik wrote:wizard's plot makes me sad 3;
You have to be more specific than that like the plot was crap sad? or Koyomi's death was sad?
Crap sad XD
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by DarkCrusnik »

squashy wrote:Well for starter, give major characters like Koyomi, Fueki or Sora more development. Sora actually was never the boss type.

Give Beast for love. He's just a plot device for the second sabbath. It wasn't until the last 10 episodes did he gain some sort of motivation for fighting.

Give either of the Riders a rival. Phoenix was more like a midseason excuse for upgrade, and though Nitou declared rivalry with Haruto it's just him screwing around.

Last battle shouldn't have been so meh, no focus on Wizard vs Gremlin. And how the hell could Wizard pull the Stone out like that? Just as absurd as Ryuki out-kick Ryuga.

Ditch the guy that plays Haruto. I can't stand his boring acting. That could be just me, but it lowered my enjoyment of the plot nonetheless.
lets say...forget haruto... the plot was fucking missing...something wasnt complete. . phoenix should have returned. ..in a new form and he becomes the last boss...but sora? just .. zzzz
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

There really was no reason to bring back a character who had a great run. It would only derail the character.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

DarkCrusnik wrote:Crap sad XD
I think anyone who watched the second half of Wizard would agree with you. It was crap sad. Hell I think Wizard reached its peak after he got the Drago Timer. I think they should have kept Wizard to around like 30-35 episodes.

Here's how I would do Wizard:
Start of First half of series:
I would keep episode 1 the same. Have the shunpei arc minimized to episode 2 only. Koyomi is a regular girl who is in love with Haruto.
3-4 Weekly panthom Arc
5-6 Weekly phantom arc
7-8 Phoenix Arc and debut of Flame Dragon
9-10 Introduction of Beast and debut of Hurricane Dragon
11-12 Weekly phantom arc and debut of Water Dragon
13 Recap episode
14-15 Reveal Wiseman's Identity/Weekly Phantom Arc

Start of Second half of series:
16 Stand alone episode for Medusa
17 Debut of Land Dragon
18 Beast gets his hyper form
19 Phoenix vs Beast; with Beast eating Phoenix up for an unlimited mana; and introducing Gremlin to the story
20 Weekly phantom
21 Wiseman vs Wizard; with Wizard getting a taste of Wiseman's power and losing to him
22 A Koyomi episode. Where she finally tells Haruto that she's in love with him.
23 Wizard vs Gremlin. Koyomi is kidnapped and he fights Gremlin to save her. He manages to escape the battle and Koyomi is safe.
24-25 Sabbath Arc. Wiseman tries to create more phantoms. Medusa vs Wizard, Beast. Medusa gets killed off in this Arc.
26 Wizard vs Gremlin Round 2. Wizard kills Gremlin not before he tells him that he sent a pack of Phantoms to kill Koyomi. He arrives at the Antique store to find her dead on the floor.
27 Haruto mourns Koyomi's death as Nitou/Beast goes off to fight a phantom.
28 Wiseman makes a plan to have another Sabbath. This time the whole world. Meanwhile Haruto is still depressed about Koyomi's death.
29 Wizard vs Beast. Haruto decides to quit being a mage but not if Nitou has something to do about it.
30-31 Final Story Arc Wiseman puts his plan into motion. With only hours left to stop him. Wizard and Beast decide to use everything they have to defeat him. Debut of Wizard's final form.

That's how I would do it if I was doing the whole story.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

He arrives at the Antique store to find her dead on the floor.
Bwuhahaha, nice job, you actually made me spit :lol:

Let's keep it real here guys. *ehem* but really *snickers-EHEM* here's what's not so right with your Wizard:

- No focused arcs for Beast. To be in the position to fight a subboss like Phoenix and motivate the protagonist, he must first grow on the audience. And he's a Rider, c'mon.
- No Mayu? She's a pretty good character in this show. Though she suffers the same retarded treatment like other female riders, she makes the variety of Wizard more entertaining.
- Straight romance in a kid's show, that's just about as unlikely as killing off Koyomi-tan. It is almost always done either comically or in a subtle and hintingly way. I think it's sort of an unspoken rule.
- The Eleven Hour Superpower is hard to get done right. It's very easy to feel rushed, cliche or outright Deus Ex Machina. But I don't dislike it.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”