Garo Season 4! (and why I'm slightly disappointed)

Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Season 4! (and why I'm slightly disappointed)

Post by Dragonfan »

Victormaru wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:The whole future thing is something I'm doubting as well. It could be that in the different universe that Madou Rings were already being phased out compared to the previous seasons. I don't recall they ever mention Amon's name in Yami. Some other guy could have forged Zaruba in Yami.
I guess that could also be another possibility. It is true that they've never mentioned Amon in Yami like they did in the very first episode of Makai Senki. I really hope it isn't a different universe. And then Decade comes out of nowhere.

Maybe they'll bridge this somewhere in between the Yami movie, Black Blood and / or Makai no Hana series. Who knows.
The thing is that, if they link Makai no hana with Yami, they'll have to "kill" Raiga in his first season, and I don't think they want to do that.

On the other hand, the fact that Amemiya is doing Zero Black Blood and Makai no hana, but he doesn't even want to touch "Yami continuity" reinforces the AU theory.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know if I agree with that. You're kind of making a lot of leaps in logic to come to those conclusions.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

takenoko wrote:I don't know if I agree with that. You're kind of making a lot of leaps in logic to come to those conclusions.
Which one? As I said, we can't come to any conclusions without confirmation, all I'm doing are conjectures.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>The thing is that, if they link Makai no hana with Yami, they'll have to "kill" Raiga in his first season, and I don't think they want to do that.

There's ways of nodding to the original series without explicitly going "Raiga's this guy who died long ago" in Yami. If they wanted to connect it, they could have Raiga as the one to lose the shine in Garo's armor, thus setting up the story for Yami. It'd blow fans minds if they did that.

>On the other hand, the fact that Amemiya is doing Zero Black Blood and Makai no hana, but he doesn't even want to touch "Yami continuity" reinforces the AU theory.

Just because the original creator doesn't work on the spin off doesn't mean it's not part of the continuity. Metal Gear Rising would be an example of this. Besides, while Amemiya wasn't directly involved with Yami, wasn't he credited as executive producer or something? They probably still had to go to him to approve some stuff.

He's a busy guy, he can't work on every series equally. It's probably just real world restrictions on his time that prevents him from being more involved with the Yami continuity.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

That's why I said "kill", with quotation marks XD. If they made Raiga lose the shine, they couldn't do more about Raiga (as Garo, at least).

And the fact that the creator doesn't work on the spin off doesn't mean it's part of the continuity, that's right, but I just said that reinforces the theory of the AU. I don't think it's real work restrictions, knowing that he is back for Makai no hana, for Black Blood, but surprisingly not for Yami.

And Metal Gear Rising is a bad example. Even if it was marketed as canon by Platinum games, Hideo Kojima stated that it was not his vision of the events that happen after Metal Gear Solid 4 and that is a parallalel story, the Platinum games vision of Metal Gear.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>That's why I said "kill", with quotation marks XD. If they made Raiga lose the shine, they couldn't do more about Raiga (as Garo, at least).

Yeah, I get what you meant by that. But that's like saying Yami "killed Kouga".

>And the fact that the creator doesn't work on the spin off doesn't mean it's part of the continuity, that's right, but I just said that reinforces the theory of the AU.

I guess you can say that, but reinforce makes it sound like it's strong evidence, when it's really not at all. If you said that it was possible evidence for the AU theory, I might agree. But it definitely doesn't substantially prove it's AU.

Yami does kind of strike me as the kind of side project that Amemiya handed off to his subordinates so that they could do some busy work on the side. But I don't really feel like there's anything in the series that suggests that Yami is AU at all.

>And Metal Gear Rising is a bad example. Even if it was marketed as canon by Platinum games, Hideo Kojima stated that it was not his vision of the events that happen after Metal Gear Solid 4 and that is a parallalel story, the Platinum games vision of Metal Gear.

Yeah, but Hideo's vision of canon changes all the time. Considering we have Sunny and stuff mentioned in Rising, it seems like it's probably going to be canon in the Metal Gear universe. It's not like Hideo's reaction to Portable Ops where he dismisses it at the beginning of Peace Walker.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

>Yeah, I get what you meant by that. But that's like saying Yami "killed Kouga".

But, due to the gap between both (considering they are in the same continuity), they can still do more Kouga series, movies or whatever (although they said they were not going to do more). If they connect Makai no hana with Yami, they are gonna limit their own character to a unavoidable fate. That's why I said that they might not want to do that.

> I guess you can say that, but reinforce makes it sound like it's strong evidence.

I am not native english, and I didn't know that nuance about the verb "reinforce". My bad.

> Yeah, but Hideo's vision of canon changes all the time. Considering we have Sunny and stuff mentioned in Rising, it seems like it's probably going to be canon in the Metal Gear universe. It's not like Hideo's reaction to Portable Ops where he dismisses it at the beginning of Peace Walker.

The fact that they mentioned Sunny and stuff doesn't mean anything. If it is a parallel story that takes place after MGS4, it's normal to find references, but that doesn't mean that it's going to be canon. You can find a lot of Marvel Universe references in Old Man Logan, but it still isn't parte of the 616 universe.

And yes, the Hideo's vision of canon changes all the time, to the point that he has just said that MGS5 will contain plot inconsistencies XD.

Despite that, for now, Rising is not canon.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah alright. I admit I don't really know what Hideo's feelings on Rising are. Personally I think it'll be counted as canon for whenever they bother to make a sequel to 4? But only time will tell.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

At first I was disappointed in Season 3 because all the other characters of before are basically not in it, but it is really well made and I love the plot, story and writing. I also love the villains. They are played by good actors. The good guys are meh to me. Towards the end there they were better but they were just to immature to be makai knights and priests imo. Compared to Kouga it seemed like a farce that Ryuga was so green and yet he had the gold armor. Until I watched the episodes where he trained for months or years alone. Then when he became blind he earned my respect. I am Zaruba after all.

Anyways I'm excited they are going back to Kouga's timeline somewhat. At least it's a step back closer to the original cast and that they have something to do with Kouga and Kaoru. I do like season 3 though. I like anything Garo now so I'm looking forward to all the new series and movies.
Alexissimo
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Gekiranger - Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz - Blade
Dreamy: Yuka Hirata
Favorite Band: JAM Project

Post by Alexissimo »

What the hell is that!!!! :evil:
Kouga & Taiga fight Kiba, giant enemy, Small(Giant) Makai Dragon Kaoru, Garo flight, Zero berserker vs Garo berserker and the final? :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8cFH_Vcbgg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJjpFVo6gAA
I want to see it.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I'm pretty sure those are Pachinko games or something similar. Nothing to do with the series other than characters and title.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

http://garo-project.jp/TV4/

They updated the official website. I don't know japanese so I don't understand the texts, but in the characters page you'll find an old friend:

Spoiler
Gonza is back!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I suppose it would make sense to have Gonza with the character being Kougas son. Great. Gonza is fantastic.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_~Makai_no_Hana~

Wiki's been updated, thanks Davinci.

Am I the only one who sees Crow/Zero and Mayuri/Jabi parallels?

Has Gonza always had a family name? I love that guy though, glad to see him back. He's definitely the Alfred of this series.

Jiiru is written in katakana, but it's also a Japanese girl's name 来流. I'm not familiar with it, but the kanji (if it had kanji) appear to mean "coming flow".
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

takenoko wrote: Am I the only one who sees Crow/Zero and Mayuri/Jabi parallels?
You are definitely not alone, I was noticing that even with just the very first trailer, especially about Crow.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”