Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger 10 YEARS AFTER released

All the colors of the rainbow
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger 10 YEARS AFTER released

Post by Yaiba »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninpuu_Sen ... EARS_AFTER

Let me say this to start, this is a good nostalgic movie

We get to see how everyone's doing. Everyone looks bascially the same as 10 years ago... except Isshu. I totally do not recognize Isshu until they said his name, he looks older than his elder brother now!

The direct flashback scenes from the TV series brings back the memories of the past, the feelings of watching this series all those years ago. It certainly doesn't feels like 10 years has past already.

While writing the wiki I realized, they didn't tell us what Isshu's been doing, except he's now a womanizer. When did he became a womanizer?! It was hinted that he's with Nanami at the end of the series, what happened to that? Even at the movie ending when everyone's saying what they are planning to do, Isshu just says he's going to do what his brother is doing, which is to join JUNRetsu.

The movie story is simple and straightforward, since all those flashbacks take up time so they don't have time to develop a complicated story.

The kid can fight! I don't mind seeing more of him in the future.

One thing I do not understand is that... If Yousuke knows the Scared Presence is within Tenkai, and the enemy wants to awaken the Scared Presence, what makes him thinks that the enemy would let Tenkai go after getting all the Shinobi Medals?!

My biggest disappointment with this movie is: No Shurikenger
No, I don't mean the new kid. I mean the original Shurikenger that is voiced by Matsuno Taiki-san, who never showed his true face and spoke in broken English. It's fine and all that Toei wants to revamp the character and give him a real face, but at least have the original cameo somewhere? Shirikenger was my favourite character in the tv series so to see him get ignored like that is just sad

TV series spoilers:
Spoiler
Yeah Shirikenger sacrificed himself, but that doesn't stop him from appearing in Abaranger vs Hurricaneger for 5 seconds. On that note, Her Majesty also died in the tv series, and since her whole family died long ago and she lived in isolation for 500 years, there is no way someone could be related to her that just looks just like her. But the movie staff brought her actor back for a cameo on that reason anyway.

My second disappointment with this movie is: no mecha fights.
What's sentai without their mecha fights? I want to see GouraiSenpuujin again...

TV series spoilers:
Spoiler
Yeah, all their mecha blew up in the tv series, but that's not an excuse as I'm sure there is enough time to rebuild them within these 10 years.

But overall, I enjoyed this movie and it's a nice way to revisit this 10 years old series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger 10 YEARS AFTER released

Post by takenoko »

I'm surprised I didn't comment sooner. It was an alright movie, considering all the actors are 10 years older and all. Nao sure was busy last year.

On the commentary track, I'm surprised to hear that Nao and Hurri Yellow were assistant directors for this. They were together in Travellers too, so they must be pretty good friends.

I never finished watching the TV series, but that's alright. It didn't feel super plot heavy, and it was just an excuse for old friends to gather again to do one last mission. Loved the talk about finding their successors as that awesome ending theme plays.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

This movie looks & sounds awesome, but don't really know if I should watch it without having seen the actual series it's paying rememberance to.
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

still hoping that one fine day, you guys will sub the tv series. :)
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I only watch the first two episodes (from Skewed Studios), 42-51 of the series. Even Shushutto the Movie. Oh yeah... I have nothing to say about 10 Years After but that's okay... i like this V-Cinema movie. :D
takenoko wrote:Loved the talk about finding their successors as that awesome ending theme plays.
Yeah... that singer for the ending theme is Kageyama Hironobu of JAM Project. Don't you recognize him, guys?
RyuShinEX wrote:you guys will sub the tv series.
Why would you say that? Skewed Studios did subbing after all.
Edit: Why incomplete episodes?

Sheldon131
7X
Favorite series: Abaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Quote: The smart thing is to prepare for the unexpected.

Post by Sheldon131 »

DaVinci030 wrote:Why would you say that? Skewed Studios did subbing after all.
Edit: Why incomplete episodes?
No, they did not. Not even Abaranger.
Read their statement from last August.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Sheldon131 wrote:No, they did not. Not even Abaranger.
Read their statement from last August.
It's all in the past and I already knew it.
zeldAIS wrote:I had planned on working on the 10 Years After title after we finish the Hurricaneger series (which would not happen anytime soon)

AstonWave007
Adventure

Post by AstonWave007 »

Noooo. Don't tease us like this Take. Releasing something of a series and not doing the series proper. *Fist shake*. Oh well.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

I downloaded the SD version and speak enough Japanese to get the feeling that the commentary track has accidentally been turned on.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Switch to a player that allows you to select the audio stream
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Was hoping for a Shurikenger gag to top all Shurikenger gags. Nope.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

For the last time, its spelled "Ninku Tai Hurrihiphopsketball: A Jazzebration."
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Having never seen Hurricaneger I can't really compare this special to its original series. But as a stand alone special, I guess it was okay. It was neither particularly good or particularly bad, it was just in the middle.

I appreciate it being character driven, since it's clear from the start that this was meant to be one final production with those characters. That said, I do feel like the action was a let-down in some ways. We actually got a lot of untransformed action against the mooks, which is always a fun thing to see. On the other hand the actual ranger action was minimal; it was a toku that was a bit light on the actual toku.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Sadly I has not watched this series because my first super sentai was Gekiranger when I found this website back on those days... however I has to say that I miss the "feeling" of the old sentai series that were a little more serious.

Enjoyed the movie even without knowing the characters :)... Hopefully I will be able to find this series subbed and watch it someday.
Final Vent!
Ximara
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
My boom: Marvel
Quote: "Where'd you get the name Ximara?"
"It's my nobody name."

Post by Ximara »

Yaiba wrote:We get to see how everyone's doing. Everyone looks bascially the same as 10 years ago... except Isshu. I totally do not recognize Isshu until they said his name, he looks older than his elder brother now!
I know right?! I was thinking the exact same thing! And thank god Kouta finally fixed that mop of hair.
Yaiba wrote:While writing the wiki I realized, they didn't tell us what Isshu's been doing, except he's now a womanizer. When did he became a womanizer?! It was hinted that he's with Nanami at the end of the series, what happened to that? Even at the movie ending when everyone's saying what they are planning to do, Isshu just says he's going to do what his brother is doing, which is to join JUNRetsu
Maybe he's a host? There weren't exactly a lot of people in that club so I couldn't really judge the clientele. I definatly remember him being Nanami's little hanger on. During the Abaranger vs Hurricanger movie, wasn't he traveling with Nanami? I can't really remember it's been so long since I've seen it and I don't have it anymore to go back and watch. I thought it was odd though that they didn't reference it AT ALL. Even if they'd had it to where they'd broken up sometime in the passed ten years, it could've made an interesting scene.

I enjoyed the movie overall, the nostalgia factor was a big plus. During all the flashback scenes I was like, "Oh! I remember that! Good times." Though I also missed Shurikenger, he always amused me greatly.

Return to “Super Sentai (Completed)”