Forum rules
Wiki Link
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

...So what kind of budget do they have?

Post by CeronosLive »

I keep hearing that the budget for this series is pretty low, but I'm having a hard time finding the exact answer on this subject.

Is the budget low? Is it low compared to other entries in the Ultraman series? What about compared to other series like Super Sentai and Kamen Rider?

I'd appreciate if someone would help enlighten me on the subject. D:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: ...So what kind of budget do they have?

Post by Catastrophe »

People say it must do based on the fact that they have one setting (school) and all the props are the DX toy versions.

Like anything else though, I assume its just speculation. Nobody I've seen has been able to find concrete figures.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I can't find concrete figures either. But yes, they probably have a pretty low budget, considering they only shoot at one location and the kaiju dolls are pretty much the toys. Hopefully the movie's a little different.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think I ever saw any figures for show budgets. People love to guess these things based on the quality of the show.
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by CeronosLive »

Ah I was hoping it wouldn't be something like this. D:

I mean things do kind of add up to a low budget since I'm going to guess they're using the last incarnation of some of the costumes of the creatures featured, Jean-Nine[Whom I've heard is from another Ultraman show] is sort 'sixth ranger'/'secondary rider' for this series with little change, the fact that they're only making about 11 episodes[?] and having a break between the two halves of the series, and of course the fact that they're using the school as a primary location.

I hope someone finds the numbers. I'd love to compare them with an episode from another Ultraman, and with the current Kamen Rider. :U

...Then again this is kind of my first Ultraman series so I don't know how these shows usually play out.

....Though I could swear that the Ginga spark in the show seemed a bit bigger than the toy version last I saw?

Regardless, I appreciate the help.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, it is Tsuburya productions right? No offense to their work, but all there stuff does seem a bit on the cheap side when compared to Toei. Maybe that's an unfair thing for me to say, but that's how I tend to feel when I see stuff produced by them.
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by CeronosLive »

Mayhaps. I'll have to check out another Ultraman series to see if that's true.

Ooooh woe is me. ;U
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Tsuburya was always kind of cheap, but where Toei gradually upgraded, they never did. But Ginga just feels really really cheap compared to a normal Ultra Series.

I'm pretty sure they haven't really been doing that well recently anyway, so it's not like they have the excess cash that Toei does to throw around on giant CGI watermelons.

Return to “Ultraman Ginga”