Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Re: Kyouryuuger 41 released

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

There was another hint made in Dogold's change in personality; the highlights of Dogold's intellect were making a robot to be a body and controlling Utsusemimaru, and the latter was actually Chaos' plan. After losing Ucchi he fell mostly around fighting him and backing up the others' plans. It's after Endolf was made and he took him over that Dogold's plans became more intelligent; the plan using Vacaance to gather happiness and anger and Supookon to take Bragigas' stone from the trophy weren't on pair with his usual ideas. Plus when Aigallon went depression on him Dogold didn't bother snapping in anger, which was weird back then. But it makes sense now.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:There was another hint made in Dogold's change in personality; the highlights of Dogold's intellect were making a robot to be a body and controlling Utsusemimaru, and the latter was actually Chaos' plan. After losing Ucchi he fell mostly around fighting him and backing up the others' plans. It's after Endolf was made and he took him over that Dogold's plans became more intelligent; the plan using Vacaance to gather happiness and anger and Supookon to take Bragigas' stone from the trophy weren't on pair with his usual ideas. Plus when Aigallon went depression on him Dogold didn't bother snapping in anger, which was weird back then. But it makes sense now.
Very good observations. I only picked up the Aigallon one but what you say makes sense. Not sure if I should blame myself for not picking up the others or the writers for not making those hints stronger.
Behold the Emperor!
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

ChibiZyuJin wrote:If you mean by next year, the next sentai; well I'm not expecting much. Still, seeing the last 2 sentai's terrible starts and go-busters near perfect second half(and kyoryuugers really good comedic pace ofc) I'm not hopeless.

You know Mighty Morphin' Thomas the Tank Engine is going tobe awesome =P

This episode wasn't bad at all part of me found it nostalgic with it being Christmas-esc themed can't wait for the next episode. I think I may (re)watch Ep. 41 & 42 over the holidays even.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was an enjoyable episode. I'm a sucker for mecha-heavy episodes, and while that didn't have quite as much fighting in it as I would have cared for, it was still a ton of fun to watch. Every robo got some screen time, made all the more important by the fact that this will probably be the last time we see everything except Bragi-Oh and Kyouryujin. And hey, Yayoi finally gets to pilot her own mecha after nearly 20 episodes!

The New York City setting ended up being very cheesy though. I'm not sure whether that was intentional or not, seeing as how that was a pretty spartan SoL model, and she should be bigger than any of the mecha anyhow.

Anyhow, mecha aside, it was also a great episode due to just how smart Dogold's plan was. We haven't gotten too many episodes this season with genuinely good plans, so to see the Kyouryuugers split up like that in order to isolate King (and keep him from going Carnival) was a great chance of pace. Hopefully we'll see a similarly smart plan out of the Kyouryuugers in return; though if they were smart in the first place, they'd be curbstomping every Deboss using Gigant KyouryuuJin rather than fighting every one at once with the smaller individual mecha.

Finally, I have to ask. Is Merry Chri-smash the literal translation of Bad Santa's attack, or is that something the staff came up with? Because either way it's rather creative, so I'm wondering who deserves credit for it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:Finally, I have to ask. Is Merry Chri-smash the literal translation of Bad Santa's attack, or is that something the staff came up with? Because either way it's rather creative, so I'm wondering who deserves credit for it.
Wish I could take credit, but it's just a literal translation.

Merry Christmas (Merii kurisumasu)
Smash (sumashu)

Merry Chri-smash (Merii kurisumashu)
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Funny how that leads to a second pun (non-intentional):

kurisumashu -> kuri (chestnut) + sumashu (smash)
Behold the Emperor!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Even the Deboss needs to have their own Nossan. Just wish that both could have meet to exchange their own puns, do they? :lol: :lol:
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

An awesome Christmas episode and it's a two-parter - even better. I also love it when a Christmas episode is plot oriented.

Nice to see Ucchi take the spotlight. It seems like it's been a while. Dogold's probably the best villain in this series.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I feel as if Utsusemimaru's anger issues were sort of forgotten pretty soon after his introduction. He's been smiles and chillaxing for 30 episodes or so now. So it was a little weird to have it come back up after so long considering we totally had an episode where Dogold keeps trying to provoke him and Utsusemimaru just like, smiles and laughs it off.

And Dogold has totally been behaving in subtly different ways for ages. He's far more patient now, like when he was backing up the other Chevaliers, which is something everyone in the episodes would remark on. I think he's been unknowingly feeding the Endolf inside, partially because their two emotions are fairly similar. Dogold is a serious threat now, whereas before he was just muscle.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

This episode is obviously about showing all the Zyuden giants, but more importantly, confirming Daigo is the most important or the most powerful of the Kyouryuugers. He alone pilots Spinodai-Oh and defeats a Deboss clone while the others are still busy fighting their Deboss clones by the end of the episode. Also Dogold starting to act like Endolf, could be forshadowing certian major changes in him. This is also the first time Tobaspino fights alongside the Great 10 Zyudenryus, and according to Daigo, he proves to be wilder than Gabutyra, maybe they will give him more active fighting role in the remaining episodes.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”