Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuuger 45 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_45

Well shit, what is going on here? I'm guessing Dantetsu has some good explanation for killing Torin, but it's hard to imagine how they'll write there way out of this one.

Speaking of which, it's kind of cute that they went out of their way to prevent an Obi Wan Kenobi revival of Torin.

I'm more interested in the conflict within team Deboss. Chaos has a good point about the failed Chevaliers potentially becoming like Torin and turning on them. Create some secret new ones and replace them discreetly. Genius.

So the new Deboss guys have interesting names. Icerondo and Killbolero. Rondo and Bolero are both music/dance terms, which is a big deal in this series. Kind of makes me want to go back and see if there's such a pattern in the previous chevalier names. Looking back, and considering the eyes all over his suit, maybe we should have used Eyegallon instead of Aigallon.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Re: Kyouryuuger 45 released

Post by Sauce »

I kind of thought maybe Torin was planning on getting himself killed since he gave his sword to Souji, but his reaction suggests it's not some sort of plan between him and Dantetsu. It was sort of hard to take Torin's death seriously, because Dantetsu did the badass KyouryuuSilver henshin sequence almost immediately afterward with the ridiculous guitar music in it. Why doesn't Bragigas just not give his power to Dantetsu or whatever though? The ZyuDenRyuu needing to approve of the user was kind of a big deal early on. Everything is kind of out the window here so Dantetsu can be a really cool silver guy and fight his son for some contrived endgame tension.

What's Endolf doing? He's obviously been plotting for a while. There's a lot of villains right now and he only has a few episodes left to trump them all and usurp the endboss role. Edgy new butterfly-Deboss is in charge, Chaos is still around being a giant weiner, and there's still the two new guys that only have three episodes left to die in a probably-unimportant manner!

Spoiler
It's too bad that what's likely the conclusion to Ian's underdeveloped rivalry with Aigallon is probably gonna be reduced to a sideplot and take a backseat to more King and Dantetsu stuff, but I guess the next three will all be jam-packed with this stuff since they have all these loose ends to tie up.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I’m with Souji. Passing the sword was definitely bad luck.

This episode probably would’ve had more of an impact if there hadn’t been rampant spoilers about the new Chevaliers and what seems to be Dantetsu’s betrayal about a month ago. Torin’s (latest) death was spoiled by the preview, but I don’t think either of those other developments were teased the week before.

On a lighter note, if you were one of the people betting that Dantetsu would turn into KyouryuuSilver - congrats! It took about a dozen episodes, but you ended up being correct!

I know you can’t compare apples to oranges, or in this case dinosaurs to oranges, but it just so happened that both Kyouryuuger and Gaim had significant death scenes airing back-to-back. They were both pretty shocking - even with the spoilery preview, I was pretty shocked that Torin turned into dust - but I don’t think the Kyouryuugers had as strong of an emotional reaction. In Gaim, you were able to see the stages of grief play out on the face of Kouta’s actor. Compared to that, I got a little bit of grief from the Kyouryuugers mixed in with shock. Maybe they’re as fatigued with using Torin dying as a plot device as I was.

Almost forgot that Deboss got a new form. I’m not convinced that the butterfly thing is sufficiently intimidating, but it’s a step up from the big green blob that he used to turn into.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

When you pass on your most precious item to your student, it raises a death flag, Torin. Its kind of a plausible reason for Dantetsu's betrayal: As King, he'd want to protect Earth, even when that mean sacrificing everything else on it, at least Earth itself is safe. Though I still think (hope) that there is more to it than he's letting on for his actions. Maybe Torin has to die so he can be reborn or something.

Torin has died in ep29, almost died in ep35, and he's still came back kicking. Although as a plot device it's kind of tiring to see him keep dying and coming back, I wouldn't want him to be gone for real, since he's my favorite character.

I was hoping there'd be more exchange (blows or words otherwise) between Deboss and Torin at their first real meeting.
Sauce wrote:Why doesn't Bragigas just not give his power to Dantetsu or whatever though? The ZyuDenRyuu needing to approve of the user was kind of a big deal early on. Everything is kind of out the window here so Dantetsu can be a really cool silver guy and fight his son for some contrived endgame tension.
If Dantetsu is the King chosen by Earth, then he can use any power of the Earth, he doesn't need anybody's approval. ZyuDenRyuu and Kyouryuugers were created with Earth's melody in mind, they are just part of Earth's power.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

I was honestly shocked when Torin crumbled to dust, despite all the preparatory spoilers. Sadly I think he is truly gone this time, but I am holding out a small hope for one more appearance even if only in spirit. I think it would be really interesting, and perhaps Chaos hinted at it, if Candelira takes up Torin's mantle. If they kill Luckyuro I will never forgive them! (>_<)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Dantetsu has the most tame transformation in the entire series. I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to change if Bragigas didn't let him, so I assume he's pulling some hustle over Deboss.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Here is how i see this playing out with Dantetsu:
Spoiler
-Torin goes down south to purify the darkness
-He was lying to the Deboss Army about what the Earth told him
-Candy and Lucky are spared and/or saved from death

As for the new chevailers...kind of stupid to introduce them this late in the game with just 3 eps left in the series. it would have made more sense to bring them around say ep 30 and go from there.

Deboss Stage 2...better than stage one but i dont know if i like the butterfly theme.
Last edited by Yaiba on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Putting stuff in spoiler tags
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
johnnytalker
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai Series

Post by johnnytalker »

Seems like they had a 3-for-1 trade before the playoffs!
Dantetsu for Lukyuro, Candelira and Aigallon. Looks like Deboss got the better end of the deal there, huh?

Maybe Torin is really a phoenix who can be reborn from the ashes.
Maybe Torin and Dantetsu actually planned this, that's why Torin gave his sword to Souji beforehand.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Aigallon's escape is why I keep saying this series is more comedy than anything else, he used the oldest trick of distraction in the book and they are fell for that!

Dantetsu's betrayal has been in spoiler for quite a a while, and yes, it's likely killing Torin and his deal with Deboss is are part of the plan. Getting Deboss to stop the clock and defeat him somehow. Torin passing the sword is an obvious sign and confirmation that he was going to die and more importantly he knew he was going to die. But however self-loathing Torin might have been, he wouldn't set up him to die for no reason, it must be all part of his and Dantetsu's plan.

Introducing new chevaliers at this stage of the series feels wrong, it is obviously to get the older chevaliers to rebel and follow Torin's example. Then again, since it's almost the end they need to make Kyouryuugers feels despair, and to do that they need to make Deboss Army seems as unstoppable as possible, hence the new memebers of their team.

Unfortunatley, they probably don't have anymore surprises for us anymore, as the pattern of every Super Sentai series goes like, the villains on verge of winning, the Sentai have no chance of winning, but their determination enables them to fight on, no matter how much more powerful the villains are, at the end they miraculously win.
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

Catastrophe wrote:Dantetsu has the most tame transformation in the entire series. I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to change if Bragigas didn't let him, so I assume he's pulling some hustle over Deboss.
Yeah, that was probably the most underwhelming henshin of the year. As if the music/energy produced by his spirit is nothing compared to the Earth's melody and his body doesn't even need to get it out violently by dancing. Nope just lightly taping your foot and one finger is enough. Underwhelming.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Well shit, what is going on here? I'm guessing Dantetsu has some good explanation for killing Torin, but it's hard to imagine how they'll write there way out of this one.
It's probably all a rouse in the end, but I'm still wondering if they won't play it straight and have Dantetsu actually go mad. He's the king of the Earth, not its residents. So maybe the Earth is giving them up to save itself?
Dax wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Dantetsu has the most tame transformation in the entire series. I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to change if Bragigas didn't let him, so I assume he's pulling some hustle over Deboss.
Yeah, that was probably the most underwhelming henshin of the year. As if the music/energy produced by his spirit is nothing compared to the Earth's melody and his body doesn't even need to get it out violently by dancing. Nope just lightly taping your foot and one finger is enough. Underwhelming.
But that's intentional, no? Dantetsu isn't doing this to be a hero, but more importantly it fits his absurdly strict demeanor.
JujinSan wrote:Deboss Stage 2...better than stage one but i dont know if i like the butterfly theme.
I had the same thought. He finally gets a decent form, but the butterfly aspect is practically out of left field.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I was expecting them to be new Chevaliers to replace Candelira and Aigallon. But for them to go out of their way to kill Torin that way and even hunt down their former knights... They really fear that it may happen again. But, it also makes sense. Chaos had them made for the new species they would exterminate, and because he knew Candelira and Aigallon were losing focus on their goal.

In other regards, I'm not surprised Torin attacked Deboss using his mecha.

What a subtle henshin.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

I just realized something, Dogold didn't appear at all in this episode, he wasn't even mentioned. Isn't it weird for him to go missing during this stage of the war? Maybe he's trying to be free, anybody got other ideas or clues?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well everyone else is giving predictions so I figure I will too. I'm predicting that instead of it being that Dantetsu is straight up lying to Deboss... That he meant what he said. That the melody he heard meant 1 thing to him, the destruction of humanity, for the sake of saving the Earth. IN COMING ENVIRONMENTAL MESSAGE COMING RUNWAY 3!

Though, alternatively, since Deboss seems to think Dantetsu up and killed the Kyouryuugers, he could be planning to pull a similar move as Bragias did whatever million years ago and stop Deboss here and now at cost of his own life thinking that's the only way to stop him considering how 'underpowered' the group and how easily bodied they got.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

There are certainly a lot of bad guys left for only a few episodes to go. It would have been nice if they had showed Candelira run off (or did they last episode and I just forgot?)

Torin raised a gigantic death flag by giving away his sword, but I think he knew that.

On closer inspection, I think Butterfly Deboss looks kind of stupid. When I saw how the butterfly on his mouth looked like a mustache and beard, I burst out laughing. Oh well, at least he's a better final boss than Dezumozorlya.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”